PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Apart from.....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Apart from.....  (Read 4608 times)

dunhamalty

Apart from.....
« on: August 07, 2012, 10:37:59 PM »

Reeves who is everyone looking forward to seeing this year? I want to see Rogers, big, strong box to box midfielder

markecky

Re: Apart from.....
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 10:40:23 PM »

I think that in some games Watmore will be worth the admission money alone.

That aside I am "hopefully" looking forward to not having to score three to have a chance of winning.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 10:49:58 PM »

I'm looking forward to us being defensively solid once more, terry brown described smithy, youngy and Williams as the best central defensive unit outside the football league, since then, 3 years of woeful defenders.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 11:08:31 PM »

Watmore very promising if he keeps on improving he will play in the league soon .

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 11:47:40 PM »

Reeves who is everyone looking forward to seeing this year? I want to see Rogers, big, strong box to box midfielder

Not sure we want him to be box to box, that's more of the role Scott Phelan, for example, might fill.

Rogers I foresee sitting in front of the two centre backs mainly and offering a little more defensive stability

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 11:55:25 PM »

James Lawrie, Hall and Havern.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 12:34:28 AM »

I think that in some games Watmore will be worth the admission money alone.

That aside I am "hopefully" looking forward to not having to score three to have a chance of winning.
I'm still hoping we can average around three a match - and concede less than one  ;)

RocketDan

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 12:43:21 AM »

Obviously It's nice to have two central defenders who have pace, positioning and understanding at the back, however I am looking for us to go out and play fast, direct, counter-attacking football. Ideally we should be stretching the play as much as possible by getting the ball to Lawrie and Clee who in turn can cut inside and feed the ball to reeves on a plate.

As for our central midfield, I'm not so certain I'd class either of our central midfielders as the 'box-to-box' type players. Personally, I'd like to see them sitting very deep making it hard for the opposition to play through out spine. Rogers as a ball winning midfielder can protect the back four, with Phelan as a deep lying playmaker ready to launch the  aforementioned counter attack.  

John Crewe

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 08:30:27 AM »

looking forward to seeing all - been away coaching in the states all summer

Altrinchman

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 11:20:33 AM »

I'm just looking forward to some competitive games. We could be a solid unit this year

bumble

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 11:36:48 AM »

I'm looking forward to turning up to away games, winning conformatbly and going home....

Oh and a cup run?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:08:05 PM by Stoke Alty »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 06:27:53 PM »

I'm looking forward to beating Chester home and away and popping down the local in our Alty tops for a glass or two of Red with Mrs S.  :)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 07:40:42 PM »

Looking forward to us being more solid defensively and Rodgers breaking things up into midfield

2 key questions for me.

1. Is Scott Phelan a good player? Last season he looked slow and gave away free kicks, hopefully this was due to lack of game time from before he joined us.

2. Can Ryan Brooke perform effectively in 1st team football? As he's replacing Twiss luckily he doesn't have much to live up to.

To answer the question again the thing I'd like to see happen that could really make a difference is to see James Lawrie to perform week in week out. Hard I suppose but it's ok to drift out of the game for a bit on the wing but sometimes he goes missing for an hour.Right wing is his best position and if he can play it'll really make us tick imo.

jacksparrow

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 11:04:52 PM »

I agree ,with Clee on the left wing please , Reeves up front with Watmore just behind i think he would be very effective in that role

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 12:04:01 AM »

Looking forward to us being more solid defensively and Rodgers breaking things up into midfield

2 key questions for me.

1. Is Scott Phelan a good player? Last season he looked slow and gave away free kicks, hopefully this was due to lack of game time from before he joined us.

2. Can Ryan Brooke perform effectively in 1st team football? As he's replacing Twiss luckily he doesn't have much to live up to.

To answer the question again the thing I'd like to see happen that could really make a difference is to see James Lawrie to perform week in week out. Hard I suppose but it's ok to drift out of the game for a bit on the wing but sometimes he goes missing for an hour.Right wing is his best position and if he can play it'll really make us tick imo.
I think Phelan could turn out to be a key player this season. Brooke is better than Twiss, but then McAliskey was just about better than Twiss...........
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Apart from.....