PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 26195 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2012, 02:52:43 PM »

unfortunately, I think the only chance we have of seeing the football league is if a fan wins big on the lottery.
But as long as we have a club to follow, we can dream, unlike runcorn, northwich, scarborough etc
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2012, 03:44:27 PM »

unfortunately, I think the only chance we have of seeing the football league is if a fan wins big on the lottery.
But as long as we have a club to follow, we can dream, unlike runcorn, northwich, scarborough etc

Should've been ours way back when. Who knows where we would have been now, possibly where we are at the moment, we will never know. I too dream of loftier perches of a more permanent nature, but whilst the Conference national is (should) be attainable, the League remains out of sight barring a large cash injection or a changing of the rules to create a more level playing field.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2012, 05:07:11 PM »

YAWN!!!!

We have another game this evening.

Can we not please move on and support the team or is that not on people's personal agenda?

It was only 2 seasons ago our first fixture was at Luton away in front of 6,665.  The squad that day included the likes of Michael Welch, James Smith & Dale Johnson.   We now have to cut out cloth accordingly and I don’t think everyone can accept that.

I for one enjoyed our trips around the country in the Conference.  Going to The Abbey was always a highlight for us.  I fear it might be a while until we get them again but we will get back up there.  Being in the Conference is where this club will always aim to be.

Patience is a Virtue!!
The Conference would be a start. I still dream romantically of seeing us in the League before I die.......

So do I, but I think I have come as near to that as is likely ( in the White & Swales era)
Conference Premier is a realistic possibility, but without going full-time ( and I'm not trying to open that debate again!) further progression than that seems unlikely.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD