PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 25989 times)

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2012, 08:54:36 AM »

A dreadful display and one that I had to ask why do I bother?
I am not a Sinnot fan and most know that, I am neither a tolson fan so I dont go to Moss lane for them?
The footbal on display most of last year was poor and now this season has sunk to new depths already so it is not that.
Yep! its the pint and chat in the Bar afterwards with friends, which is pretty good reason for going.
So I wont be handing my season ticket back, for that reason alone.
Yesterday was close though!
GH for Manager and not Graham Heathcote, not a fan of his style either!

brackleysean

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2012, 08:59:15 AM »

in the last half hour your defense just seemed tired and brackleys front men were just walking all over them, plus then when you got the ball back you couldnt string more than a few passes together before you gave the ball back to us...
i thought that the first half was more you than us, we got a debatable penalty in the only 5/10 minute spell where we got the ball and applied pressure. we were lucky to go into the break with the score at 1-1....

anyway its only one game guys don't all go reaching for the noose after one loss..

brian1925

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2012, 09:28:15 AM »

It's becoming a common theme. Everybody apart from LS can see that Nicky ain't no left back. Also, Lawrie is completely wasted on the left wing, cutting in predictably into his right foot time and time again.
I know it's early, but I'm also a but worried that some of our new players won't be able to cut it at this level. We desperately need a box to box midfielder before Tuesday, as well as Luca back, or I fear we're in for another tonking - what a mess.
Duncan was the only player who could hold his head high yesterday - shame on the rest of them.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2012, 10:29:32 AM »

The footbal on display most of last year was poor and now this season has sunk to new depths already so it is not that.

Really?! Our defence was woeful, but we played some great stuff last year!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2012, 10:32:12 AM »

That was relegation form today, seriously.

!!!!!!! Surely that has to be a record. 1 game into the season and it's relegation. FFS.

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2012, 10:43:55 AM »

if VOD suggests it relegation form then its relegation form!
I would tend to agree, if we played like that every week we would surely be relegated

bumble

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2012, 11:15:26 AM »

Really?! Our defence was woeful, but we played some great stuff last year!

Indeed

Most of last season we were creating 25-30 chances...

I can think of about 2 we had...

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2012, 11:21:45 AM »

in the last half hour your defense just seemed tired and brackleys front men were just walking all over them, plus then when you got the ball back you couldnt string more than a few passes together before you gave the ball back to us...
i thought that the first half was more you than us, we got a debatable penalty in the only 5/10 minute spell where we got the ball and applied pressure. we were lucky to go into the break with the score at 1-1....

anyway its only one game guys don't all go reaching for the noose after one loss..
I think you sum it up well, your team is well organised and should do well on the basis of that performance.  Top 4 I would say
Bernard Taylors barmy army

taxi Phil

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2012, 12:40:18 PM »

I think you sum it up well, your team is well organised and should do well on the basis of that performance.  Top 4 I would say
Wouldn't perhaps go THAT far, but certainly decent. Reminded me of Bishops Stortford down here last season,  and they did a comprehensive job on us too.

brackleysean

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2012, 02:36:35 PM »

I think you sum it up well, your team is well organised and should do well on the basis of that performance.  Top 4 I would say

i dont think that far up.. im not changing my opinion of mid-table. yes yesterday has been a massive boost to our confidence and we will see how that affects our next few games. if we can get a decent result against hinkley on tuesday then we will be sending a strong message to the rest of the league and i can see the other teams not taking our team lightly and changing their tactics accordingly. one of our strong points this year will be that not too many teams know what we are all about. you boys just had a bad game, most teams have them at some point, maybe its better to get it out of the way earlier..

and if you think your having a bad time, it could be worse, you could support liverpool hahaha

Nonleaguer

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2012, 03:11:29 PM »

I must admit the great thing about footballl is the unpredictability. After 1 match people are calling for change, panicing and hell bent on offloading their angst. I have been watching the Mansfield forum for a spell and after 2 games the calls of COX out were being posted, crap new signings, defence abysmal etc. Keeping tabs on their game yesterday they were losing to Kidderminster (who were also in dire straights) and forum members were calling the Samaritans, ripping up season tickets, handing back complimentary Stags stationery sets etc. Then against all this backdrop of doom and despair Mansfield equalised and then went on to win. How some of the posting content changed. See any parallels, chill a little and see how Alty turn it round in the coming games, the sesaon ends in April 2013 not mid August 2012!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2012, 03:47:51 PM »

Just about found the will to post!

Apart from Watmore, the only good thing to come from yesterday for me was that I can get on with watching without tension (as I have done for most of the last 47 years) because I won't be hoping we don't mess up another promotion bid - I can't see that happening this season. Back to Plan B of each win being a bonus and aiming for a top half finish.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

fuertes

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2012, 04:07:06 PM »

I wasn't there, so can't comment on the performance itself. Although somewhere between disappointing and woeful seems about right judging by what I've heard. But just on a general point...

In fairness, we've had our landmark defensive signing pull out right before kick off with an injury, we're a central midfielder short after Phelan getting his Everton gig and our main goalscorer from last season is still well behind in terms of getting match fit.

None of those things excuse such a battering on our home turf, of course. But I think writing the season off after a game is a bit silly. A couple of decent signings (even loans if necessary) and some extra time to get everyone fit/develop a proper understanding could see us right near the top challenging.

And obviously this is a make or break year for Sinnott. I'll probably agree that we should get rid if we don't make the playoffs. But let's actually give him the whole season to see what he can do rather than talk about giving him the chop in September if we lose a couple more games.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2012, 04:35:15 PM »

Its scary we are even considering loans or more recruits so soon i thought that is what closed season was meant for ?

We have to hope its a blip and have the right players
ParkINson's red and white army

Ash 48

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2012, 04:36:28 PM »

I wasn't there, so can't comment on the performance itself. Although somewhere between disappointing and woeful seems about right judging by what I've heard. But just on a general point...

In fairness, we've had our landmark defensive signing pull out right before kick off with an injury, we're a central midfielder short after Phelan getting his Everton gig and our main goalscorer from last season is still well behind in terms of getting match fit.

None of those things excuse such a battering on our home turf, of course. But I think writing the season off after a game is a bit silly. A couple of decent signings (even loans if necessary) and some extra time to get everyone fit/develop a proper understanding could see us right near the top challenging.

And obviously this is a make or break year for Sinnott. I'll probably agree that we should get rid if we don't make the playoffs. But let's actually give him the whole season to see what he can do rather than talk about giving him the chop in September if we lose a couple more games.

Could not agree more!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD