PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 26220 times)

JDN

Re: Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2012, 11:18:33 PM »

If Alty manage to win at harrogate on Tue Night - I wonder how many posts will be on here saying we are going to Piss this tinpot league? - Just a thought

I would be suprised

Maybe a couple tongue in cheek

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2012, 11:36:33 PM »

........ But there are some extenuating circumstances here.

Such as most of the players Sinnott has brought in being unfit through lack of ability, specifically Rodgers, Leather, Brooke, Doughty, Mitchley and last year's leftover, Richman. Oh, and the other extenuating circumstance is the fact that Densmore has as much ability to be captain as Edward Smith.

OK, so the season isn't over after one league match, but if you've been to the pre-season friendlies, you've seen in excess of half a dozen matches where the skill level has been consistently abysmal, not one spark has been shown (other than from Duncan Watmore) and the commitment has been woeful. Six matches is enough to see that this lot has not the slightest chance of challenging for promotion. Top half if we're lucky.

markecky

« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2012, 11:48:15 PM »

why do you say that you can not comment on the performance

But then go on with every old excuse under the sun

i was there it was a shambles - end of

Because the overall state of Altrincham FC and our chances for 2012/13 doesn't hinge entirely on what happened yesterday against Brackley, believe it or not.

I hope to God you're just a troll. And in fairness, I think you probably are. But if you genuinely believe what you say in your posts, you're terrifyingly stupid.

To be fair everything John Crewe has said is spot on

It was an absolute shambles. No more excuses

When both JDN and John Crewe think it was a shambles then it probably was.

Ash 48

« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2012, 01:00:02 AM »

........ But there are some extenuating circumstances here.

Such as most of the players Sinnott has brought in being unfit through lack of ability, specifically Rodgers, Leather, Brooke, Doughty, Mitchley and last year's leftover, Richman. Oh, and the other extenuating circumstance is the fact that Densmore has as much ability to be captain as Edward Smith.

OK, so the season isn't over after one league match, but if you've been to the pre-season friendlies, you've seen in excess of half a dozen matches where the skill level has been consistently abysmal, not one spark has been shown (other than from Duncan Watmore) and the commitment has been woeful. Six matches is enough to see that this lot has not the slightest chance of challenging for promotion. Top half if we're lucky.

Your wrong! Just plain and simply wrong yer a few bad performances but there not bad players just give them time
Ive been every game so far and the new strikers are actually good mitchley is pretty creative and strong and brooke also has some good quality give it time i think a bonus of reeves coming back was also supposed to relieve the pressure on the young lads but the lack of midfield creativity hasnt enabled that to happen or for them to make much impact themselves the absence of havern rocked the defence and phelan leaving has disrupted the midfield, gettin on the backs wont help anything, just give it time to gel you may be suprised what can happen!

jimmyhank

« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2012, 01:44:53 PM »

It was truly awful on Saturday. However, it was the first game of the season and, surely, it can only get better.

fuertes

« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2012, 01:46:25 PM »

Let's all remember that we put in a poor performance against Ebbsfleet on the opening day a few years back. We deserved to lose but scraped a draw. We came back to win our next three games and had a really good season.

JDN

« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2012, 06:47:17 PM »

Let's all remember that we put in a poor performance against Ebbsfleet on the opening day a few years back. We deserved to lose but scraped a draw. We came back to win our next three games and had a really good season.
We didn't lose 4-1 and 15th is not good enough in this league

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2012, 12:04:30 AM »

YAWN!!!!

We have another game this evening.

Can we not please move on and support the team or is that not on people's personal agenda?

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2012, 12:08:19 AM »

YAWN!!!!

Can we not please move on and support the team or is that not on people's personal agenda?

It was only 2 seasons ago our first fixture was at Luton away in front of 6,665.  The squad that day included the likes of Michael Welch, James Smith & Dale Johnson.   We now have to cut out cloth accordingly and I don’t think everyone can accept that.

I for one enjoyed our trips around the country in the Conference.  Going to The Abbey was always a highlight for us.  I fear it might be a while until we get them again but we will get back up there.  Being in the Conference is where this club will always aim to be.

Patience is a Virtue!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2012, 07:35:46 AM »

YAWN!!!!

It was only 2 seasons ago our first fixture was at Luton away in front of 6,665.  The squad that day included the likes of Michael Welch, James Smith & Dale Johnson.   We now have to cut out cloth accordingly and I don’t think everyone can accept that.

I for one enjoyed our trips around the country in the Conference.  Going to The Abbey was always a highlight for us.  I fear it might be a while until we get them again but we will get back up there.  Being in the Conference is where this club will always aim to be.

Patience is a Virtue!!
The Conference would be a start. I still dream romantically of seeing us in the League before I die.......

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2012, 08:31:15 AM »

YAWN!!!!

Patience is a Virtue!!
The Conference would be a start. I still dream romantically of seeing us in the League before I die.......
seconded
Bernard Taylors barmy army

FJT1980

« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2012, 09:07:57 AM »

JDN and John Crewe in agreeance? Well I never, Jekyll and Hyde.....

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »

YAWN!!!!

It was only 2 seasons ago our first fixture was at Luton away in front of 6,665.  The squad that day included the likes of Michael Welch, James Smith & Dale Johnson.   We now have to cut out cloth accordingly and I don’t think everyone can accept that.

I for one enjoyed our trips around the country in the Conference.  Going to The Abbey was always a highlight for us.  I fear it might be a while until we get them again but we will get back up there.  Being in the Conference is where this club will always aim to be.

Patience is a Virtue!!
Same here,sadly my father died  and it was always one of his dreams,the other was United being the top team in manchester,again sadly he will never see that happen either
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:00:47 PM by hsmith1 »
Harold

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2012, 12:23:43 PM »

YAWN!!!!

Patience is a Virtue!!

Me too! and, probably like you TP, am starting to run out of time  ;) ... only another 20 or 30 years left  :D ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2012, 01:30:15 PM »

unfortunately, I think the only chance we have of seeing the football league is if a fan wins big on the lottery.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD