PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 26241 times)

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2012, 07:04:33 PM »

Abysmal is the only word. Pre season optimism has been dwindling since our under performance at Mossley. The aim was to concede less than last year, on todays showing we haven't improved and we now lack invention going forward.. we created 3 chances today - lawries shot,  Duncans excellent goal and Clees shot in the second half...

We started by passing the ball well, but as the game wore on (and it was nothing to do with chasing the match) we went more and more direct.

We desperately need a box to box central midfielder (I'm not sure Phelan fitted the bill) and a left back. Nicky Clee is a winger and Matt Doughty as much as I like him is not good enough (I hope he reads this and proves me wrong). Twice today he was out of position and we concede twice..

Lots of work to do, onwards and upwards...

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2012, 07:29:52 PM »

question,did Alty wear red shorts in Jackie Swindells day?
Yes they did. The shirts were solid Red and White stripes with White neck and cuffs. Shorts plain Red. The socks were very unusual as they were white with Red and Beige at the top.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2012, 07:43:59 PM »

Cant disagree with much of what has already been written - we looked like 11 blokes who had pitched up at Stamford Park half an hour before kick off for a fkn kick about and decided to form a team.  Duncan Watmore was the only shining light.

Question for the management - Why sign a left back then decide not to play him from the off and instead stick our best creative player in his position?

I was a bit concerned that the defence looked decidely dodgy without  Haven, and the lack of passion displayed by the team generally

Its day one of a new season, No need to press any alarm buttons just yet, having said that I would hope we have turned things around and started to play decent by the time we travel to Gainsborough.

Cmon Lee lets not have another sh*t start like last season, These fkn trips back to Shrewsbury seem to be getting longer and longer.... ::)

bumble

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2012, 09:42:18 PM »

"@DamianReeves85: Horrible performance today! Not the way u want to start season! No 1 person to blame were all in it together AS A TEAM!! #putitrighttuesday"

Well reevesy you summed it up "no body to blame in particular " as they were all poor!

VofD

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2012, 09:59:24 PM »

That was relegation form today, seriously.Totally inept performance.

I know it was the first game of a new 42 match season, but it just seemed like that was where we left off in April.I'm afraid that the new signings: Rodgers,Leather,Lacey,Brooke and Mitchley are just not good enough. Also. Richman is a Sunday league player, at best. >:( >:( >:( >:(

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2012, 10:05:04 PM »

I know it was the first game of a new 42 match season, but it just seemed like that was where we left off in April.I'm afraid that the new signings: Rodgers,Leather,Lacey,Brooke and Mitchley are just not good enough. Also. Richman is a Sunday league player, at best. >:( >:( >:( >:(
lets bring back GH vod
ParkINson's red and white army

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2012, 10:09:03 PM »

lets bring back GH vod

Things arnt that bad!

VofD

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2012, 10:18:22 PM »

lets bring back GH vod

Things arnt that bad!

I don't know. As much as I never cared for Heathcote, at least his teams were always FIT from the off. That shower today were either not fit or couldn't give a toss. Very worrying , so early on.

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2012, 10:37:27 PM »

It may have been new but it definitely wasn't fresh! None of them even looked like footballers today nevermind played like one.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 10:42:46 PM by Loggerheads Robin »

VofD

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2012, 10:42:38 PM »

It may have been new but it definitely wasn't fresh! None of them even looked like footballers today nevermind play like one.

Totally agree. So who is to blame for that.?

The man who lives in Hull >:( >:( >:( >:(

Ash 48

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2012, 10:53:58 PM »

lets bring back GH vod
Things arnt that bad how can we tell who isnt good enough after one game, big over reaction, and you cant blame the strikers because the service was poor reeves also looks poor and we no he can score??????? Does that say something

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2012, 12:15:59 AM »

Utter, utter drivel.

A complete shambles with the exception of Duncan Watmore's marvellous strike.

Brackley were sharper and fitter than us, which is inexcusable.

In particular, the 'defending' for their fourth goal was absolutely shameful.

28 games since our last clean sheet.....and counting.

Massive improvement required.

And quickly.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2012, 06:41:54 AM »

Thanks redhill,i had a sneeking feeling at the back of my mind but coming upto 60 was not to sure about the memory.
I listened on RR yesterday and after the first 10 minutes it sounded just like the old troubles were back.Though at 1-2 if the ref had given that handball it might have been a different game,and then their 4th sounded like the Alty players had completely lost interest.I am ill at the moment and i felt a lot sicker after RR had finished.
Harold

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2012, 07:37:44 AM »

Utter, utter drivel.

A complete shambles with the exception of Duncan Watmore's marvellous strike.

Brackley were sharper and fitter than us, which is inexcusable.

In particular, the 'defending' for their fourth goal was absolutely shameful.

28 games since our last clean sheet.....and counting.

Massive improvement required.

And quickly.

28 games ! That is one hell of a statistic

I was being tounge in cheek about GH

But i remain unconvinced over LS still

I just hope its the shock we needed to sort our act out

Totally gutted yesterday
ParkINson's red and white army

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2012, 08:05:54 AM »

On reflection and now the anger has subsided, I think the first half was an even affair with both teams cancelling each other out.  Brackley had a good midfield and our centre two didn't seem to be able to create much.  Apart from the goal the creativity in the alty side came from incidences where clee and lawrie would try to create space on the left wing.  Lawrie for me had a poor game and his touch was poor and when clee did create it left a hole at the back.  Second half we were holding our own until the second goal, then it was awful.  Last 20 mins had nothing about it at all.  The centre midfield need to create.  Use whatmore more on the right wing.  And I agree clee on the left.  Brook I thought played well but doesn't look like he'd score many but will hold up play and distribute.
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD