News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Was waiting for the video...

Author Topic: Was waiting for the video...  (Read 1454 times)

markecky

« on: August 19, 2012, 04:35:02 PM »

and to see if my mood will improve (it hasn't, still haven't spoke to anyone properly since I got in at 5:30 last night and as my wife says "you're 37 for f**ks sake, you need to get a grip of yourself)

And now its here...http://youtu.be/2QrSsXrbC1E

Sums up what I thought.  We were well below par, didn't create nearly enough, didn't show enough passion and spent about 3 minutes in their box.

That said 4-1 flattered them, it was an even (but poor) first half.  If Turleys spill had gone in just after half time we would be having different conversations now I'm sure.

2-1 became 3-1 after they broke from a handball on the edge of our box, and the 4th was poor defending but a good strike.

I'll put my hands up and say we missed Phelan more than I thought we would, losing Havern was a blow so late on and Reeves is going to need 3-4 more games before we can ask questions of him.  I am not as against playing Clee at left back as many are on here but yesterday demonstrated what we lose up front when he plays there.  Thinks it works better away than at home though when the onus isn't on us to go for it.

Some of the reaction you come to expect from people on here, its a horrible place sometimes, about relegation, returning season tickets, of seeing if we can finish in the top half are extreme even for some of the usual suspects on here.

Yesterday was desperately disappointing and we are owed a performance from every single player starting on Tuesday and continuing onwards.  Don't think any of the management or board will need telling that yesterday was not an acceptable home performance from an Altrincham team.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 04:39:23 PM by markecky »

FJT1980

Re: Was waiting for the video...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 04:49:23 PM »

Need to 'bounce back' Tuesday

bumble

Re: Was waiting for the video...
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 04:58:16 PM »

Titles aren't won and lost on the opening day

The most important thing is how we react Tuesday

I want to see us come out with a bit of fight and pride like first half of Guiseley away

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team