PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott is absolutely clueless!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Sinnott is absolutely clueless!!  (Read 21170 times)

DavidP

Re: Sinnott is absolutely clueless!!
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2012, 09:22:41 AM »

Most on here did not go tuesday so have no idea that richman did well when bought on. Lee can change games as he did tuesday.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2012, 09:25:11 AM »

What is point of changing the manager after 3 games?

It is actually 3 games and one full season.
However, there is no point in sacking a manager unless there is a definate alternative available and one who can attract decent players which at this time of the season is going to be very difficult for anyone.
I remember Man U sacking a manager (Dave Sexton after an end of season run of 6 wins) thinking they had a better alternative who then turned them down.

DavidP

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2012, 09:33:18 AM »

For those WHO did not go lee was in a tracksuit bottoms yesterday

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2012, 09:59:11 AM »

finally we get to the root cause of the problem he should have had cropped linen trousers on
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2012, 10:58:40 AM »

finally we get to the root cause of the problem he should have had cropped linen trousers on
Today he damned well ought to be wearing sackcloth and ashes  >:(

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2012, 11:17:25 AM »

What does it say about our training regime when even the manager gets injured!! Watching him walk to the dugout was torture yesterday.
Questions need to be asked.

Jezza

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2012, 11:32:38 AM »

the writing was on the wall in the friendlies with the casual wear.....but the main problem is the man chops and changes and doesn't seem to even know what his plan A is attire wise.....why wear casuals throughout the pre season if you intend starting the season with a more formal look??...and then why change a winning side???...although I do understand the muted observations about it being vauxhall motors and a possible injury....I'd go back to shirtsleeves and smart suit trousers and when we hit the colder winter add a jacket....wether the man will or not we will see...I doubt the board even cares!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2012, 12:43:38 PM »

My issue was Duncan possibly being less suited to the battle than Richman.

I'm not starting on Richman again as he does have some good points.

This phrase did send me into fits of giggles though.

Jenga

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2012, 01:46:59 PM »

Guys you crack me up.

Close season everyone was excited about the players coming in, Reeves returning and the club is going places.

No the players we signed are sh*t and they dont give a toss and we are as bad as last year.

I dont believe the players are sh*t. Some are better than others of course, but we have the centre back pairing who won the league last season.

The issue for me is that our training methods, tactics and formations dont seem right. At least not at the moment.

LS will want the team to play how he wants them to and new players take time to form that understanding. Admitidly after preseason they should be there now though.

Calling for LS head after 3 games is crazy. However if we dont show a marked improvement by Christmas something needs to be done somewhere.

For the time being though we should all get behind the team. You could see at harrogate how the fans cheering the players on worked, and when we were quite the team went quiet. Maybe more encouragement couldo the trick rather than slating them for every little mistake.

As for Watmore, I agree with ATS early on in the thread, that keeping him off the pitch until later was probably what i would have done and i dont think LS did anything wrong here.

I await a load of post pointing out my spelling mistakes.

fuertes

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2012, 01:59:05 PM »

Guys you crack me up.

Close season everyone was excited about the players coming in, Reeves returning and the club is going places.

No the players we signed are sh*t and they dont give a toss and we are as bad as last year.

I dont believe the players are sh*t. Some are better than others of course, but we have the centre back pairing who won the league last season.

The issue for me is that our training methods, tactics and formations dont seem right. At least not at the moment.

LS will want the team to play how he wants them to and new players take time to form that understanding. Admitidly after preseason they should be there now though.

Calling for LS head after 3 games is crazy. However if we dont show a marked improvement by Christmas something needs to be done somewhere.

For the time being though we should all get behind the team. You could see at harrogate how the fans cheering the players on worked, and when we were quite the team went quiet. Maybe more encouragement couldo the trick rather than slating them for every little mistake.

As for Watmore, I agree with ATS early on in the thread, that keeping him off the pitch until later was probably what i would have done and i dont think LS did anything wrong here.

I await a load of post pointing out my spelling mistakes.

Bang on.

JDN

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2012, 02:12:13 PM »

Guys you crack me up.

Were they?

I most certainly wasnt. I was concerned by the close season, and said as much

Only to be happy clapped and told it was only pre season

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2012, 02:35:21 PM »

Coventry have just pressed the panic button by sacking Andy Thorn after just 3 games. Be interesting to see if their results improve.
They really should be beating teams like us

York Alty

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2012, 02:43:48 PM »

Coventry have just pressed the panic button by sacking Andy Thorn after just 3 games. Be interesting to see if their results improve.

He did take them down last year, though why you back a man through the summer and then get rid after three draws is peculiar to me.  Coventry are a club in general decline.  Are we? No.

fuertes

« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2012, 02:44:08 PM »

They probably will for half a dozen games, then go back to normal. As is the case with the vast majority of panic sackings.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2012, 02:47:05 PM »

3 years ago Norwich sacked Bryn Gunn after 2 games and replaced him with Paul Lambert. Look where they are now.
They really should be beating teams like us
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott is absolutely clueless!!