PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Do we give Sinnot more time?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Do we give Sinnot more time?  (Read 17941 times)

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Do we give Sinnot more time?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 06:43:30 PM »

i suspect season over after 4 games and already 9 points behind the leaders. So in case we go on a miracle run give the current management a little longer and then if no improvment look for a replacement . who can then spend the rest of the season avoiding relegation and planning for yet another next season. Think thaat is the most negative i have ever been about our chances in 40+ years of supporting alty.

I agree with you Pete. The last time we recovered and went on a miracle run was in season 1990/91 and still blew it at the end. We are already too far behind. We have also lost to a team with 10 men that will probably get relegated (VM). The biggest problem is that the 'fair weather' supporters will lose interest and stop comming so gates and revenue go down. There will always be the hard core like you and me that will support Alty no matter what - but these numbers will also dwindle. It is too late to expect a new manager to come in and turn things around this season with the current squad or new players. What worries me is the vibes that we seem to lack ambition.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 07:15:47 PM »

8 goals conceeded in last 2 home games.  >:(
Bernard Taylors barmy army

GoneFishing

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 07:36:52 PM »

When deciding to sack a manager (or not) the question should always be is there anyone available who can do a better job. If the answer is yes bring him in. Personally i think Graham Heathcote was and still is the man for the job.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 07:39:54 PM »

You ared deluded if you think gh is the man for the job look at the start to the season we had when we went down

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 07:40:52 PM »

When deciding to sack a manager (or not) the question should always be is there anyone available who can do a better job. If the answer is yes bring him in. Personally i think Graham Heathcote was and still is the man for the job.

Yawn. By his own admission he was no longer the man for the job. He'd lost all his fight and spirit.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jenga

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 07:45:36 PM »

Chester = promotion contenders.
Brackley = promottion contenders, we didnt think so before the season, but look at their start - wow.

Harrogate = we won
Vauxhall = we lost

Get a grip everyone, settle down.

We played well today after going 2-0 down. The signs are there that we will win games.

taxi Phil

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 07:47:26 PM »

Brackley = promottion contenders, we didnt think so before the season, but look at their start - wow.

Harrogate = we won
Vauxhall = we lost

We played well today after going 2-0 down. The signs are there that we will win games.

But not as many as we lose.

joe

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 08:00:44 PM »

Harrogate = we won
Vauxhall = we lost

Altrincham should be promotion contenders should they not? Also we shouldnt have to go two down before we start playing!

Beaver

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 08:36:11 PM »

Harrogate = we won
Vauxhall = we lost

We've been beaten at home by two teams we should be challenging and away by mid-table hopefuls. There's nothing to get a grip of, we haven't moved on from the shambolic inconsistency and defensive collapses of last season.

Harrogate - Coburn pulled off wonder saves, without them we might be bottom now.

Someone mentioned that we've signed last seasons winning centre back pairing. Well, why are we still sh*t defensively? I'm sorry but Sinnott has had his time for me. I can't see why we are suddenly going to turn things round now?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012, 08:47:57 PM »

Harrogate = we won
Vauxhall = we lost

This.  We should be promotion contenders or have we resigned ourselves to this league for good now then.

We've been beaten at home by two teams we should be challenging and away by mid-table hopefuls. There's nothing to get a grip of, we haven't moved on from the shambolic inconsistency and defensive collapses of last season.

Harrogate - Coburn pulled off wonder saves, without them we might be bottom now.

Someone mentioned that we've signed last seasons winning centre back pairing. Well, why are we still sh*t defensively? I'm sorry but Sinnott has had his time for me. I can't see why we are suddenly going to turn things round now?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 09:02:57 PM »

I think we need a bit of perspective. The manager can only work within the budget he has which is set by the Board. I think the Board need to be honest with us and tell us what their ambitions are. If we have a mid-table budget and we finish mid-table then the manager has done his job. Whilst the board have done a superb job in turning the club around, is it not time for them to look at bringing further investment into the club? (not a sugar daddy!) In the last 10 years we have gone from being a big club at this level to an also-ran and without additional funds this is unlikely to change in the near future. There is only so far a bucket collection or Bonus Ball competition can go. I am not having a go at the current board who have done a great job on the community side but I want to see a team on the pitch that can compete at the highest level we can not one continually mid-table in the Conference North.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 09:57:26 PM »

I would have thought we have a competitive budget, I see very little organisation of the team, they still appear like strangers to each other. Very little passion and workrate from most. Is that sinnots/tolsons fault? Probably, they need to get the best from the players available, I certainly do not see that, Sinnott in the program last week thinks there has been progress, but I do nor see it. Young Watmore has improved.

Not sure what the solution is, but one needs to be found.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2012, 10:09:50 PM »

4th from bottom and conceeded the joint second highest amount of goals in the leauge if thats progress were screwed
ParkINson's red and white army

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2012, 10:54:06 PM »

I think we need a bit of perspective. The manager can only work within the budget he has which is set by the Board. I think the Board need to be honest with us and tell us what their ambitions are. If we have a mid-table budget and we finish mid-table then the manager has done his job. Whilst the board have done a superb job in turning the club around, is it not time for them to look at bringing further investment into the club? (not a sugar daddy!) In the last 10 years we have gone from being a big club at this level to an also-ran and without additional funds this is unlikely to change in the near future. There is only so far a bucket collection or Bonus Ball competition can go. I am not having a go at the current board who have done a great job on the community side but I want to see a team on the pitch that can compete at the highest level we can not one continually mid-table in the Conference North.

Are we a BSP team currently residing in the BSN (a top 5 side) or are we a top 10 BSN side with a chance each season of making the play-offs ?  I keep telling myself we are the former, but as time goes by I am slowly having to come to terms that we may just be the latter. It hurts to think it, but it may be the case.
Recently we have seen Morecambe, Accrington and Fleetwood pass us by and now the league we are in contains so many teams who are ludicrously bankrolled as well as re-born teams with superior home attendances and hence more money to spend.
To get promoted we need to either have a lot more money to spend or we need to have an exceptional season like we did in 2005
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

altyshop

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 11:04:45 PM »

To get promoted we need to either have a lot more money to spend or we need to have an exceptional season like we did in 2005

hyde didnt have a huge budget last year and they achieved promotion.

We need to face facts, Sinnot wont take us forward, our budget isnt the biggest but it clearly isnt the lowest, he isnt finding the players with enough quality, and people talking about G.H back thats an absolute horrific thought, keep him away from the managers seat, we need new fresh ideas, heathcote has had his time and so has sinnot and tolson.
even if we win against histon thats just paper over the cracks, Sinnot and Tolson out
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Do we give Sinnot more time?