PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Do we give Sinnot more time?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Do we give Sinnot more time?  (Read 17854 times)

RocketDan

Re: Do we give Sinnot more time?
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2012, 11:12:35 PM »

i'd give him till christmas, still plenty of time to turn it around.

Don't think a new manager at the moment is the answer.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2012, 11:13:01 PM »

To get promoted we need to either have a lot more money to spend or we need to have an exceptional season like we did in 2005

hyde didnt have a huge budget last year and they achieved promotion.

We need to face facts, Sinnot wont take us forward, our budget isnt the biggest but it clearly isnt the lowest, he isnt finding the players with enough quality, and people talking about G.H back thats an absolute horrific thought, keep him away from the managers seat, we need new fresh ideas, heathcote has had his time and so has sinnot and tolson.
even if we win against histon thats just paper over the cracks, Sinnot and Tolson out
And replace them with Harry Potter who with his magic will take us to the Blue Square Premier with the wave of his magic wand
They really should be beating teams like us

altyshop

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2012, 11:35:24 PM »

And replace them with Harry Potter who with his magic will take us to the Blue Square Premier with the wave of his magic wand

no replace them with someone who has better knowledge and management skills than our current failures.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 11:52:48 PM »

no replace them with someone who has better knowledge and management skills than our current failures.

As Cestrian Alty said earlier - YAWN!!!!

forever red

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 12:56:35 PM »

youve gotta give the guy till Christmas. if things dont change he has to go and we can give someone else the time to prepare for next season. so far outta the 3 games ive seen (brackley, vauxhall and Chester) the team have looked awful. the team create very little goin forward and the defence is still leaking goals. its fair to say that its not good enough

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 01:03:32 PM »

the team create very little goin forward and the defence is still leaking goals.

To be fair, going forward against Chester, I thought we created plenty of chances to win it.

bumble

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2012, 01:05:49 PM »

the team create very little goin forward and the defence is still leaking goals.

To be fair, going forward against Chester, I thought we created plenty of chances to win it.

Agreed at 2-2 we had plenty of chances to win it
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:07:36 PM by Stoke Alty »

forever red

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2012, 01:17:44 PM »

Agreed at 2-2 we had plenty of chances to win it

I was talking about brackely and the majority of the game at vauxhall, in both games we didnt create much but at chester we did, however the defence conceded soft goals in the 3 games ive seen

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2012, 01:46:12 PM »

I think this is going to run and run to be honest with you. The question is, is there evidence of things improving so that we will at least be in the play offs? Whether that be better players, more suitable tactics, better spririt and commitment whatever.

Or maybe some people think that 8th in this league is ok?

The problem is that while some people don't like saying it we are a big club (bigger resources) in htis league. By that I mean last season our attendances were roughly double that of nearly half the clubs in this league (and paying the highest prices). As such we are going to win games. We can afford players like Reeves and Clee where others can't.

Of course, in a one off game like Vauxhall we can lose but generally as we saw last season you'll beat teams like Hinckley, Workington etc (couldn't bring myself to say Histon!). So, we're never likely to be in a position where we lose 5 or 6 on the trot and it becomes an open and shut case. On that basis, LS could manage us for the next decade in this league, which takes us back to my first point. Is there over a longer term, clear signs of improvement to the standards to which we aspire?

As for what longer term is, that could go on forever.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2012, 01:50:38 PM »

I make our League record in 2012:-  P26 W9 D5 L12. If the resources at LS's disposal are reflected in these results and no other management team could better them then fair enough. If that's the case we all must accept we are a lower mid table BSN for the forseeable future, albeit with the League's highest admission prices and 3rd or 4th largest support base. Even with these results I'd be 100% behind the manager if I could see the plan, the approach, the method, unfortunately I can't.

brian1925

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2012, 02:35:12 PM »

With all this stuff about the morons from Chester, I think we've all forgotten about the game yesterday. After witnessing the dreadful performances v Brackley and Vauxhall and the lucky escape v Harrogate, I was actually quite encouraged by the spirit shown from about the 30 minute mark v Chester. As soon as they scored their second goal we looked the better team for 50 minutes and really should have won the game! We got back to 2-2 and had them on the ropes until their 80th minute sucker punch. I'm not saying that everything is rosy and well - it clearly isn't - but at least the team showed spirit against a Chester side with a 100% record and probably destined for the play offs. It annoys me that we can obviously play well when we feel like it, but for most of the time look sluggish and lethargic. Lee should probably be given until Christmas to establish some consistency (at least a consistency of effort) to our performances, since we are most definately not going up this season anyway and there is probably no merit in changing the manager at this stage.

markecky

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2012, 02:48:06 PM »

With all this stuff about the morons from Chester, I think we've all forgotten about the game yesterday. After witnessing the dreadful performances v Brackley and Vauxhall and the lucky escape v Harrogate, I was actually quite encouraged by the spirit shown from about the 30 minute mark v Chester. As soon as they scored their second goal we looked the better team for 50 minutes and really should have won the game! We got back to 2-2 and had them on the ropes until their 80th minute sucker punch. I'm not saying that everything is rosy and well - it clearly isn't - but at least the team showed spirit against a Chester side with a 100% record and probably destined for the play offs. It annoys me that we can obviously play well when we feel like it, but for most of the time look sluggish and lethargic. Lee should probably be given until Christmas to establish some consistency (at least a consistency of effort) to our performances, since we are most definately not going up this season anyway and there is probably no merit in changing the manager at this stage.

Having watched the highlights this morning I am inclined to agree.  It was a game that we could have won and we made chances.  Reeves was back to being Reeves and Watmore was a class above.  I although thought Rodgers had his best game in an Alty shirt.

However we seem to get punished for individual errors.

Brooke will never be a successful striker in all the world, shows occasional good moments but they are fair to infrequent. He needs replacing, it just hasn't worked out for him here.  Can't help thinking he was signed as a squad player when McGivern was here and has now been thrust into a main role.

I've listened to what everyone has said about the manager and will make up my own mind but there is no way he'll last until Christmas without some serious improvement in results starting on Saturday.

Its a confidence thing now as well.

Trying times especially when we did so well to get back to 2-2 yesterday and had real chances to win it.

fuertes

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2012, 03:00:12 PM »

Brooke will never be a successful striker in all the world, shows occasional good moments but they are fair to infrequent. He needs replacing, it just hasn't worked out for him here.  Can't help thinking he was signed as a squad player when McGivern was here and has now been thrust into a main role.

I'm with you in as much as I can't see him morphing into Eric Cantona overnight, but is giving a 21 year-old lad four games enough on which to judge him? Seems a little harsh. I remember Nicky Clee looked awful for his first half a dozen matches for the club.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »

Clee left, lawrie right reeves and watmore in middle for sat

taxi Phil

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2012, 03:37:55 PM »

I'm with you in as much as I can't see him morphing into Eric Cantona overnight, but is giving a 21 year-old lad four games enough on which to judge him? Seems a little harsh. I remember Nicky Clee looked awful for his first half a dozen matches for the club.
Brooke won't make it. He won't commit to challenges. Maybe he's scared of being injured again, but we need someone up with Reeves and Watmore who can handle the physical side of the game.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Do we give Sinnot more time?