PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Do we give Sinnot more time?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Do we give Sinnot more time?  (Read 17942 times)

Jenga

Re: Do we give Sinnot more time?
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2012, 03:41:55 PM »

Mcgivern was that man, but sadly he didnt keep in contact and for all we know he is locked away inside Strangeways.

But we do need a physical forward.

Dale Johnson could have been that man, but is a lazy ass and cant be arsed.

Hulme Robin

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2012, 03:43:52 PM »

Clee left, lawrie right reeves and watmore in middle for sat

agree, although I'd have watmore behind reeves in a 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1

altyshop

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2012, 03:48:10 PM »

i think we need to address the defensive side before we start talking about attacking players.
im confident there is enough goals in the team. If we score 2 goals at home, we should be getting 1 point minimum.

jim fallon

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2012, 03:53:21 PM »

Not been on voicing my opinion for a while decided today was the day :)

There is no way on earth Mr Sinnott is going to get the boot one way or another so we may as well just accept it.

Im frustrated to fook as much as anyone else but we need to crack on with the season its august FFS and the way this league is who knows what can happen!

Again a change of management just aint gonna happen were a part time team with very few options especially in monetary terms !

Its easy to feel like sh*t but I reckon give it six months we will be glad were in the top half of the table and promotion WILL happen at some point :)

Jenga

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2012, 04:00:01 PM »

Not been on voicing my opinion for a while decided today was the day :)

There is no way on earth Mr Sinnott is going to get the boot one way or another so we may as well just accept it.

Im frustrated to fook as much as anyone else but we need to crack on with the season its august FFS and the way this league is who knows what can happen!

Again a change of management just aint gonna happen were a part time team with very few options especially in monetary terms !

Its easy to feel like sh*t but I reckon give it six months we will be glad were in the top half of the table and promotion WILL happen at some point :)

I think we are singing together on this one.

jim fallon

« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2012, 04:06:01 PM »

You know what as much as I don't like his style of management to date (or they haven't worked to date) and results on the field matter but he seems sincere to me and like he actually gives a sh*t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ0aImejiZ8

forever red

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2012, 05:03:13 PM »

Clee left, lawrie right reeves and watmore in middle for sat

when watmore was put in the middle on Saturday he disappeared. hes much more affective on the right.

clee left, watmore right, reeves and brooke in middle.

when brooke was taken off on Saturday we conceded two goals in a short period of time, he holds the ball up well and always passes it to an alty player and very rarely gives it away. never gonna score bags of goals but still an important player in the team

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2012, 11:42:13 PM »

much as I can't see him morphing into Eric Cantona overnight, but is giving a 21 year-old lad four games enough on which to judge him? Seems a little harsh. I remember Nicky Clee looked awful for his first half a dozen matches for the club.

That's a touch misleading though. Clee was awful because he was unfit having done no training after playing cricket all summer. We just didn't know that at the time. Brookes performances are more indicative of his effort and ability. For me, we all slagged off Dale but we just  seem to have signed the same personality with a fraction of the talent and physicality.

That may be harsh though because as Ecky said, he seemed to be signed when McGivern was here (but not Reeves?) and now seems to be the main man. He may or may not have been likely to play second fiddle to Danny Mitchley who we've barely even seen yet. - I'm not desperate to see him incidentally.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2012, 12:12:24 AM »

Might I postulate the following please?

When we signed both Mitchley and Brooke we did not have Damian Reeves and nor did we anticipate that we would have

Also I would be surprised if many people thought (hoped perhaps but not thought) that Duncan would start as he has done

We now have Reevesy, and Duncan has started extremely well.

The Club needed strikers on the basis that we might have had an eighteen year old and a bloke from Liverpool who was suspended for the start of the season and was perhaps less than reliable either on the basis of form or discipline hence we signed the two that we did. Incidentally I am not classing James Lawrie as a central striker for these purposes

Once we re-signed Reeves, and Duncan started pre season (and subsequently the season proper) so well, Mitchley and Brooke seemed to play less. Hence I do have a degree of sympathy with both of them who have suddenly become less important in the eyes of the fans with the associated increased level of scrutiny and therefore criticism.

As an aside, am I the only one who DOESN'T see Duncan as a wide right player but as a central striker?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2012, 12:15:37 AM »

think duncan can play either imo

ForeverAlty

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2012, 12:34:04 AM »

Might I postulate the following please?

When we signed both Mitchley and Brooke we did not have Damian Reeves and nor did we anticipate that we would have

Also I would be surprised if many people thought (hoped perhaps but not thought) that Duncan would start as he has done

We now have Reevesy, and Duncan has started extremely well.

The Club needed strikers on the basis that we might have had an eighteen year old and a bloke from Liverpool who was suspended for the start of the season and was perhaps less than reliable either on the basis of form or discipline hence we signed the two that we did. Incidentally I am not classing James Lawrie as a central striker for these purposes

Once we re-signed Reeves, and Duncan started pre season (and subsequently the season proper) so well, Mitchley and Brooke seemed to play less. Hence I do have a degree of sympathy with both of them who have suddenly become less important in the eyes of the fans with the associated increased level of scrutiny and therefore criticism.

As an aside, am I the only one who DOESN'T see Duncan as a wide right player but as a central striker?
No! Duncan is definately a right winger, when he's in striker posistion, he cannot use his ability of cutting in atall.

When bolting down the wing, he is the best at bringing it behind the chasing left back with his inside foot, and when the opposing center back comes over to
take it off him, he cuts passed him to the byline to deliver a cross.  ;D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2012, 12:38:38 AM »

ATS, you may well be right but I shudder to think where we would be now if Reeves hadn't come back and Watmore hadn't come through. I can only assume that the management had another striker lined up.

I too felt Watmore may be better centrally but it seems that he's getting more space and time on the ball out on the right at the moment. I think the key thing for now is he is doing well, so leave him where he is. Incidentally one of George's best decisions was to leave him playing in the Alty Juniors team with his mates where he was playing well rather than bring him into a youth team that at the time was struggling somewhat.

He was a central midfielder making breaks into the box when I saw him at youth level for the record (Duncan, not George!)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2012, 12:42:44 AM »

On the point of Brooke suddenly having a greater role to play than initially may have been anticipated.

This also seems to be the case for Paddy Lacey. Not bad with the ball at his feet but is suddenly an 18 year old having to shore up our midfield. Not sure whether the manager has made a late decision to keep Densmore at right back and/or not give Richman a central midfield berth.

This may change however as , wank finish on Monday aside, Jake Moult looks like he may be a very capable player imo.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2012, 06:11:01 AM »

I did not know as fan we chose when a manager goes,i always thought the board did things like that,oh well silly me.
Harold

taxi Phil

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2012, 08:32:29 AM »

I did not know as fan we chose when a manager goes,i always thought the board did things like that,oh well silly me.
Is this your fault in any way Harold ? A change of sandwiches might be in order  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Do we give Sinnot more time?