PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gainsborough Tw@t takes a swipe at reevesy
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gainsborough Tw@t takes a swipe at reevesy  (Read 3879 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gainsborough Tw@t takes a swipe at reevesy
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 08:21:06 PM »

How come he didn't know Reevesy would only leave us for a league club? Everyone else did, everyone else on confguide did?

Did he not find it odd that only them and Wrexham in non league were making offers for non leagues highest scorer?

Does he think Gannon, Baylis, Watson and co are ignorant and clueless?

I'm sure Damian didn't dismiss the best part of a grand a week out of hand straightaway bit why didn't it stop them talking to others, we signed Brooke and Mitchley as well! I think this is just a bit of excuse making from a manager who's got used to just offering players money and seeing them sign. Altho in fairness, Reevesy was just about the first footballer for 20 years to make a correct decision and stick to his word.

I love the idea he thinks Reevesy was trying to prove a point rather than taking on his best friend though. He turned them down, not the other way round. Hardly as if he would be motivated by trying to show 300 blokes from Lincolnshire what they're missing.

Weirdo Housham!!

bumble

Re: Gainsborough Tw@t takes a swipe at reevesy
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 12:51:42 PM »

Just seen this tweeted

For those who cant read the picture

Altrincham hot-short Damian Reeves has hit back at a claim Gainsbourgh boss Steve Housham that the striker kept Trinity hanging on when he decided not to join them this summer.

Reeves seemed set for a Football League move after firing 44 goals last term, but also spoke to Blue Square Bet rivals Trinity.
All Talk of a transfer went on hold in late June when the 26-year olds girlfriend Lauren miscarried their first baby almost 6 months into pregnancy, meaning she had to go through the with the birth and subsequent funeral of tiny son Cooper James.

Reeves opted to re-sign for Alty on Tuesday night struck 4 goals in a 4-2 win at Gainsborough with Housham quoted saying “We went in for him in the summer and we though he kept us hanging on a bit. There were a couple of weeks we were waiting for him, which we could have spent talking to other players.
It was only after that he put out a statement saying he would never leave Altrincham unless a League club cam in”

Reeves responded furiously on twitter, then told The NLP  “I spoke with their ass manager and chairman over the summer and they knew the situation.
“I had more important things to worry about, and I’d told them from the outset that I’d said to Altrincham I wouldn’t sign for another Non league club but would listen to what they had to say.
“Financially Id have been much better off, but in my situation it was much better for me to stay where people know me and once id made my decision, I phoned the chairman to tell him.
“Whats most disappointing is that the manager made his comments in the press, but didn’t say anything to me when I was stood next to him on Tuesday”
Reeves had a clause inserted in his new Moss Lane contract allowing him to move to a league club for free.
With nine goals in four games leading up to this weekend, interest is likely to follow now the loan window has reopened.
He added “I was three weeks behind pre-season, but I feel sharp again now and hopefully hats showing with my goals and the team’s last couple of results”.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:06:20 PM by Stoke Alty »
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gainsborough Tw@t takes a swipe at reevesy