Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Best and Worst Alty Journeys of all time!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The Best and Worst Alty Journeys of all time!!!  (Read 13430 times)

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Best and Worst Alty Journeys of all time!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 06:04:52 PM »

WORST : thursday night down to woking  4-0 arse whooping before they went to wembly and larence batty in net 2nd biggest cock of a goal keeper of all time

Most Bizzare : dagenham away , leaving messer newhall on m25 and he getting to the ground before us

Best :  Bromsgrove away one sunny september afternoon great win 3-0 great beer and all that went that day a great bunch of lads
FFS

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 06:18:03 PM »

BEST
SC**tHORPE 1974
BLACKBURN 1973
GRAVESEND 1980
Strangely the craic on the train back from Cheltenham last season with only a handful of London Alty was funny after a woeful display against Gloucester.

Worst
TOTTENHAM 1979
Although the result was fantastic the special train didnt get back to a snow covered Alty until about 4:30am

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 06:42:17 PM »

Arriving in a bitterly cold Buxton on the train to find the ref had called off the match (allegedly because his father thought it would snow again and stop them getting back to Lincoln !)

Alleviated by cadging a lift back on the team coach !

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »

Arriving at Dover one Friday evening to Discover the following days game had already fallen victim to snow...  Only game on in the country that weekend was reading v Manchester united at elm park, but the pools panel did give us an away win.And any big game we need to win that we turn out for, Stafford 91, Tamworth, FGR ,Ebbsfleet the list goes on, best away trips are Weymouth and other seaside based malarkey. The day we mugged Whitby was top draw, sunshine, naval hats, beer, fish and chips, and a controversial but vital victory

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 07:14:45 PM »

Worst - v Kidderminster in the Trophy 1995? Lost 5-0

Best - v York in the Dale Johnson show
          v The wins a few years ago at Vics
          v Oxford first time. Aspinall's penalty

thegazelle

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 07:32:02 PM »

worst

Enfield at wembley 1982
worst case of wembley head ever and no chance to get a drink to make it better until we got back to alty.

Best
leatherhead at  wembley 78
simply the greatest alty day out ever
Birmingham 86
champagne all the way and it included getting the execs from shearings to do the dam busters with the antimaccassars on their heads and the turned round hands for goggles

one of the most expensive was waking up at mobberley on the way back from chorley or getting back for " last orders" from stafford in 35 minutes and the car engine blowing on bath street there was well over 70 stone in the car.

and the stories could go on and on and on

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 07:52:43 PM »

Didn't the supporters coach once pack up on the way to Whitby?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 08:01:03 PM »

Preston was a terrible day out, we got hammered, then some of us took a slap in a pub near the station, then wel got accused of setting fire to the traaaaaain my some Chelsea fans, put on another train, then EV who stayed on the fire stricken train got T**tted by a Chelsea fan and then EV fell asleep on the train and woke up at Stafford.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 08:09:21 PM »

Preston was garbage from the first minute, we didnt turn up at all....

Recall letting in three in 20 minutes with David Moyles playing for PNE. 

Peter Hennerly should have stayed on the pitch as a replacement for Matt Dickins

taxi Phil

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 09:47:37 PM »

WORST : thursday night down to woking  4-0 arse whooping before they went to wembly and larence batty in net 2nd biggest cock of a goal keeper of all time

Most Bizzare : dagenham away , leaving messer newhall on m25 and he getting to the ground before us

Best :  Bromsgrove away one sunny september afternoon great win 3-0 great beer and all that went that day a great bunch of lads

I notice you and Boss Hogg are keeping very quiet about a certain away match at Welling.................... ;)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 11:08:55 PM by taxi Phil »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 10:05:20 PM »

Don't do many the best were when Skipper (RIP) was on the coach win lose or draw he also made you laugh with his antics ;D
which normally involved lots of alcahol :)
ParkINson's red and white army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 10:22:39 PM »

Hmmm, probably need to take a bit of time to think about this but the worst that spring to mind are the last game of first relegation season away at Rushden 1997 and away at Salisbury on a Tuesday night where we lost 1-4 although at least pre game at Salisbury was ok.

At Rushden it was a case of this is going to be sh*t, this is sh*t, that was sh*t.

If we're taking the thread title then actually Salisbury was ok as a journey. Rushden definatley wasn't.

The best, Probably anything from the 1994/95 season with the minibus crew. x

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 10:25:55 PM »

Hmmm, probably need to take a bit of time to think about this but the worst that spring to mind are the last game of first relegation season away at Rushden 1997 and away at Salisbury on a Tuesday night where we lost 1-4 although at least pre game at Salisbury was ok.

At Rushden it was a case of this is going to be sh*t, this is sh*t, that was sh*t.

If we're taking the thread title then actually Salisbury was ok as a journey. Rushden definatley wasn't.

It didn't help with Macc winning the title at Kettering the same day.....awful journey home

markecky

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 10:52:17 PM »

It didn't help with Macc winning the title at Kettering the same day.....awful journey home

I didn't have a lot of time before so can now expand on my answer a little.

Best away days are numerous.  Loved my early train journeys to Northwich with the lads in the late eighties (how odd does that sound) and my first proper away to Wycombe in August of 1990 with Jimmy and Big Van Vader.

Its hard to think of some of the highlight as there have been a few despite my arrival in 1987 after the trophy win coinciding with the end of the glory years!

I loved the Unibond Cup win at Chesterfield, yeah it wasn't the FA trophy but it was a trophy and we'd won it!

Many of my best nights have come stood with the hardcore, 30 or 40 lunatics who have risked jobs and relationships to travel to some stupid place on a Tuesday.  Dover on a Tuesday, on a minibus?  Ludicrous.

Nuneaton, Kettering and Eastbourne obviously as we just didn't win those games as well.  The feeling I had at half time against Gainsborough the other Tuesday was pretty damn good as well for modern times.

As for the worst...well its been said but only at Alty and I mean only at Alty would the fixtures make us get relegated at Rushden and Macc promoted five miles away.  I'd have loved to have been the other way round but seeing coaches of macc fans banging on the windows of their coaches on the M6 when you still had  little tear in the eye was dreadful.

They didn't seem as loud at the services with no glass in between them but thats another story  :D

Mention for Ev in Socrates story, his plea of "I like Chelsea, I've got them on me coupon" failed to stop him getting smacked. 

I didn't enjoy getting pulled backwards off my stool by my hair at Preston by a man with a swallow tatooed on his neck.  Was it Wayno who got left on the fruit machine and missed it all?

Looking back, we stormed the main Preston Boozer next to the station, they weren't to know we just wanted a pint and bag of nuts.

Oh and any midweek defeat at Gateshead....

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »

Best besides the Wembley trip or Goodison(we were robbed) or Anfield was Weymouth in the FA trophy,always liked Weymouth as a team.
Worst was Ellesmere Port in the FA cup,we took the lead in the second half,which lead to the Port fans invading the pitch,then after the game getting ambushed by a crowd of em in the car park.FA Trophy defeat at Cammel laird,as a team we just did not turn up.
Harold
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Best and Worst Alty Journeys of all time!!!