PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leek Town away in FA Cup
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Leek Town away in FA Cup  (Read 19496 times)

Leeeeek Town

Re: Leek Town away in FA Cup
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2012, 06:25:18 PM »

Will this game be segregated then?

There hasn't been an indication either way on that issue, although I would think it is unlikely.

The note about potteries fans concerns me.  We've had bitter experience of the sort of dipsticks that support port vale.  I would expect this to be segregated, esp. if LTFC look like getting their four figure gate.

You misunderstand.

We're not talking about fans from the Potteries, rather fans from Leek of Potteries clubs who attend Town matches when there's no clash.

A different gravy entirely, and not at all a concern.

markecky

« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2012, 06:29:38 PM »

Jimmy Hill says "I think we are the only club in the country that doesn't falsify attendance figures" whilst on a parallel thread we discuss Alty v Barnet 1991 - How ironic

Once in 100 plus years and to stop the council closing us down is probably not a bad record!

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2012, 06:46:50 PM »

Leeeeek Town whats the word on your forum about our cup game?

Tried to register myself but to no avail.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2012, 08:07:17 PM »

Exhibit 2: Noel White in 77-8 said to be credible for Football League we needed to attract gates of over 100 for each home game. 

So we had:
South Liverpool 1006
Great Harwood 1007
Boston United 1019
Gateshead 1006
Bangor City 1021
Workington 1002
Goole 1032
Worksop 1003

But I accept this was overstating attendances so not quite a direct comparison

taxi Phil

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2012, 08:15:44 PM »

Exhibit 2: Noel White in 77-8 said to be credible for Football League we needed to attract gates of over 100 for each home game. 

So we had:
South Liverpool 1006
Great Harwood 1007
Boston United 1019
Gateshead 1006
Bangor City 1021
Workington 1002
Goole 1032
Worksop 1003

Wonder how many Goole brought with them......

York Alty

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2012, 09:37:07 PM »

snap.

York Alty

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2012, 09:38:50 PM »

Will this game be segregated then?
There hasn't been an indication either way on that issue, although I would think it is unlikely.
The note about potteries fans concerns me.  We've had bitter experience of the sort of dipsticks that support port vale.  I would expect this to be segregated, esp. if LTFC look like getting their four figure gate.
You misunderstand.
We're not talking about fans from the Potteries, rather fans from Leek of Potteries clubs who attend Town matches when there's no clash.
A different gravy entirely, and not at all a concern.

thanks for clarifying.  not that I can go anyway!

regards

thegazelle

« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2012, 09:16:39 AM »

So we had:
South Liverpool 1006
Great Harwood 1007
Boston United 1019
Gateshead 1006
Bangor City 1021
Workington 1002
Goole 1032
Worksop 1003

Not so sure we did understate attendances in those days.
Is it because i was ikkle at the time ?
But when we got 1300/1500 in those days the grounds was a lot more packed than it is when we get the same crowd these days. As i have said before i recall the crowd for the FA trophy game against matlock being given as about 2000 and you couldnt move The crowd against Winsford in the next round was similar and given at about 3000, which was probaly still lesss than it actually was.
I t always appeared as if the main stand was nearly full  which is almost 1,0000 the popular side was very densley populatedand  add to that a packed Golf road or chequers end .

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 09:20:24 AM by thegazelle »

Leeeeek Town

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2012, 09:34:27 AM »

The response has been 100% positive to the draw. I think everyone appreciates it's a tough game, but in reality it's the kind of fixture that will capture the imagination in Leek - and with all due respect, a lot of people in Leek think that our rightful place in the pyramid isn't far behind a team like Altrincham. Of course we know that's not how football works!

Ignore the "drum-banging" quotes. This isn't intended to stoke the flames - we could've drawn Gresley away and there'd still be BRING IT ON posts  ;)

Selected views:

Whilst Alty have the leading scorer in the division, they also concede at the back. Two ex Hyde defenders from the promotion side were drafted in but even with their addition the defence has certainly been suspect.

Winger Clee is also a threat with plenty of pace but on a few occasions Lee Sinnott has played him in a more defensive role that certainly constrains his talent. Recently promoted from the youth set up, Duncan Watmore is attracting attention from league clubs and Altrincham have tied him to the club until the end of next season, perhaps protecting their own exposure should he go.

Ex Port Vale players Simon Richmann and James Lawrie are both regulars with Lawrie being the more threatening of the two. In goal Stuart Coburn has appeared the most times for Alty and though youth is no longer on his side, he still rates as one of the best in the non league.

I expect a good contest with both sides and it's difficult to pin down the ultimate winner at this time.

Last season Altrincham went out of the FA Cup at home to Witton Albion, who at the time were at the same level as us.
I did not realise Lee Sinnott is Altrincham manager , that should had some local interest
Bring it ON. Leave it to the Boss to sort team out and keep the flags flying high. It's on the day that matters and if they are favourites that fine by me.
According to their forum they think its a banker and are already planning to bring quite a few. Would love send them with nothin to cheer about it!!
It's going to be tough but anything can happen in the FA Cup.
If they want to think it's a banker then let them - that suits me!

A tough game! They have the top scorer in the conference North! Damian Reeves scored 44 goals last season, and already has 13 goals this season! He sounds like a bit of a handful!
Nobody in their right mind assumes a result in the FA Cup before the final whistle - I'm sure Rushall felt pretty confident & look what happened to them - knocked out by oppo 2 leagues below. Bring em on!!
Let us hope there will be 1000 at this game it is no more than this club deserves, what a draw , i think the Altrincham fans are intending on an invasion

markecky

« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2012, 09:50:01 AM »

and with all due respect, a lot of people in Leek think that our rightful place in the pyramid isn't far behind a team like Altrincham. Of course we know that's not how football works!

Blimey, what on earth do they base that on?

Leeeeek Town

« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2012, 10:09:04 AM »

and with all due respect, a lot of people in Leek think that our rightful place in the pyramid isn't far behind a team like Altrincham. Of course we know that's not how football works!

That Leek should be set up to be a Conference North/Northern Premier yo-yo team.

That wouldn't be miles away from a Conference/Conference North yo-yo team.

bumble

« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2012, 02:11:16 PM »

That Leek should be set up to be a Conference North/Northern Premier yo-yo team.

i would say it is...

West brom whove been up and down in the last few season (stable now) are a long way from a side at the bottom end of the championship who compete at the top of league one....

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2012, 03:00:47 PM »

They seem to know a lot about us, certainly more than I know about them.
Really looking forward to this one, should be a good atmosphere for their cup final  ;)

markecky

« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2012, 03:36:25 PM »

At the risk of sounding like a rapper, it depends which part of the "yo" you are on I would guess.

the left peg

« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2012, 06:30:47 PM »

snap.

Its a shame but our admin bloke very rarely allows away fans to be accepted onto our forum due to a bit of hassle in the past.Like Leeeek Town says everyone is looking forward to it and to finally have a game where the away team will bring some fans,(we've even been reffered to as hooligans for daring to sing at away venues)something sadly lacking in the lower echelons of the Evo-Stik Div whatever.As for being a yo-yo team,well in the past decade we have been on a very steep downward spiral and hopefully now we are beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel after last seasons endeavours and we have been assembling a squad over the past couple of seasons to at least get us out of this sh*te league we find ourselves in.Or maybe this is our level and in the nineties we were spoiled by being in the NPL and Conference.Either way it depresses me when we see teams like Marine,Frickley and Gainsboro still at that level,all teams with lower fan bases than ourselves........something went wrong somewhere  ???
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leek Town away in FA Cup