News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Corby Town ~ Pink for the Day

Author Topic: Corby Town ~ Pink for the Day  (Read 2950 times)

York Alty

« on: September 25, 2012, 09:53:19 PM »

From the main site...

"I would like to bring to your attention that Corby Town, the Club and its Supporters' Trust are organising a charity event on the day of your visit to Steel Park. The event is in aid of Breakthrough, which is a national charity for breast cancer. We have a lot of 'off the pitch' activities on the day. October is 'THINK PINK' month for Breakthrough and we are going to turn Steel Park PINK for the day!"

As you may have gathered from the URL on my posts Breast Cancer is horribly close to me.  I want the bloody thing solved.  I am mightily impressed with Corby Town for doing this, very very impressive.  Alty have of course raised funds for Breast Cancer care when Jane and Glenn McGrath attended a charity game three or four years ago. Jane sadly passed away in 2008 as a result of Breast Cancer but leaves behind the McGrath Foundation -  http://www2.mcgrathfoundation.com.au/

Because of Breast Cancer, more specifically a rare and aggressive form called Inflammatory Breast Cancer, I can't go to Corby but I do hope Alty fans honour the day and get pinked up.

Chaps - just cos we don't have breasts doesn't mean we can't get breast cancer - we can, and sadly some males do.  Giving a couple of quid WILL help us all.

Breakthrough Breast Cancer are at http://www.breakthrough.org.uk/ - please support them.

Thanks

York Alty.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 09:56:06 PM by York Alty »

Hemel Dave

Re: Corby Town ~ Pink for the Day
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 08:39:00 AM »

Wholly endorse this and hope we can support thier initiative.  My wife has just finished all her treatment for breast cancer and has now the all clear so close to my heart also. One thing incorrect about your post though York Alty - plenty of men I know DO have breasts.

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 03:01:22 PM »

Best of luck to you all Hemel Dave.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 06:41:23 PM »

I will be there and invited Doug Harper of Leyton Orient who is one of the aforementioned male sufferers and currently going through tortuous chemo, he may not be there on the day but there will, hopefully, be a strong number of league fans at the match (cheering for Alty, obviously)

Easy for Alty fans to wear pink - just wash your stripy T shirt - the colours will run (mine did)

TA

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 12:54:26 PM »

Best of luck to Doug and all going through the chemo and/or radiotherapy.

Port Vale played in a pink top yesterday at Bradford, I have no idea if there is a link there to a Breast Cancer charity.  If PVFC fans can wear pink I am damn sure Alty fans can.

Come on Alty.

Ta

bumble

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 12:18:56 PM »

Bumpty bump...

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 12:22:55 PM »

Bumpty bump...

beat me to it Stoke!  Many thanks.

sweetfa

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 02:46:52 PM »

Great post - I knew I kept a pink jacket in the wardrobe for a reason - 3 points to Alty and all in a good cause.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team