PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brooke,Mitchley and Lacey
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Brooke,Mitchley and Lacey  (Read 10607 times)

joe

« on: November 08, 2012, 08:34:17 AM »

Are these jokers on contracts or can we just say laters and find three players from lower leagues with a bit of fight in them?!

Mount Street Alty

Re: Brooke,Mitchley and Lacey
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 09:24:10 AM »

I say get rid

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 09:55:15 AM »

Well, we don't need them for the CSC anymore!

VofD

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 10:24:06 AM »

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 10:38:17 AM »

Free up some budget, we need another decent striker. Mitchley will go to another club and turn out to be half decent - I can still see something there, but his confidence is at rock bottom. Lacey is Evostik material.

Brooke simply has to be one of the most inept players we have ever had - and it puts him in some very dubious company. I'd rate him just above Darren Royle, wouldn't start him for my pub team.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 10:57:12 AM »

Brooke is shocking, I could do better. Mitchley has shown glimpses but we can't afford to wait for the odd flash. Wasn't there last night but if they can't produce in a game like last night i say cheerio

Ash 48

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 11:19:43 AM »

To be fair Mitchleys 1st full 90 in 3 years i over heard didnt realise that and he got into the spaces just lacks the sharpness in front of goal, with confidence he could bag them and his 2nd goal wasnt offside i was stood in line with linesman on that one
I say more game time would be the answer rather than the chopping block
Brookes lost his confidence aswell, LS had the chance to bring 2 young strikers through the team and hes give them bit parts thoughout the season there fault or poor man management from when reeves arrived back my confidence would be gone aswell
Plus blackpoolalty it was a pretty mismatch bunch of players to be playing with thats what i think anyway

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 11:25:18 AM »

They get so little game time you wonder whether it's worth loaning one of them out at a time? Even if it means dropping down three levels just to remind themselves of what it's like to hit the net again...

I suppose we can only get rid if we know we can find adequate replacements. We've already played three cup ties, have at least one more next Thursday and the Trophy is kicking off too. We need bodies.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 12:05:17 PM »

I can't comment on their performances directly. However, if they are as bad as people are saying, they need replacing asap. Our whole season depends on it.
Come on Alty!

Mount Street Alty

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 12:18:22 PM »

How dare you! Darren Royle scored a corking header at Witton!!!! Although that was all he did!! Haha

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 12:21:57 PM »

First off we need some depth to the squad.

Our FA CUP money has already been offered in part to LS.

Use that money to bring a couple of players in who are either better or as good as what we already have.

By that nature these three players will drop down the pecking order, but still provide us with a larger squad. They may leave of their own accord or fight for a place, it is then their call.

If they go bring in new players from youth or lower leagues. If they fight for their place then fine. If they sit on the bench and dont fight get rid.

But we cant afford to lay them off and replace with a similar number of players. We need a larger squad.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 12:52:08 PM »

The squad clearly lacks depth and quality, however keeping players fit and interested isnt easy without a reserve team. Last night was clearly an exercise in avoiding injury by most players coupled with lack of match time and loss of confidence/interest. In an ideal world our squad would have walked the game last night, we dont live in one  :o

I am sure Lee realises he needs to strengthen the squad but signing Moult had to be his first priority,... now achieved.

We need another CH and CM with enough quality, bet he's looking already. ;)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 12:53:57 PM »

I think it's imperative that we sign another striker to back up Reeves and Lawrie as well, because from what people are saying the current reserve strikers aren't up to the task.
Come on Alty!

Ash 48

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 12:56:25 PM »

people asume that there is a saving grace waiting to join us but there may not be therefore a good manager should be able to utilise what hes got but he hasnt
I think mitchley would do fine if he got the game time could of had 3 last night just too rusty but finds the positions
 with a good 5 full 90s we might have a different player
Ide like to see reeves duncan mitchley intergrated as a force at some point would free reeves up aswell cant see it tho
Locking moult down was crucial

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 01:22:59 PM »

Let them go free up the cash
Come on you red and white........
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team