PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brooke,Mitchley and Lacey
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Brooke,Mitchley and Lacey  (Read 10676 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Brooke,Mitchley and Lacey
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 10:21:31 AM »

It's all very well saying that Mitchley and Brooke just need game time. There's a reason they don't get on the pitch very often...

LS probably realises that he can't trust them to play at the level required, Brooke gave us a bad 10 minutes on Sunday although inmitigation he was alright at Harrogate and Gainsborough.

If our 3rd striker was Chris Senior for example (and I'm not starting anything here, I'm just using him as an example of a player who we've all seen and know his capabilities so you know the standard of player I mean) he'd get brought on quite often for the last half hour for Lawrie/Reeves. You wouldn't be looking around for Richman to come on so you could shove Dunc up front. So he wouldn't be rusty/out of nick/in need of a goal/disillusioned by this stage of the season.

They just haven't been good signings. A lack of good local contacts from LS? Possibly but thank God Reevesy came back, these two were our starting strike pairing in July!!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 12:08:29 PM »

"A lack of local contacts from LS?"

Seems that is still the situation if the comment on local radio recently from Danny Johnson Ashton United manager "I don't know Lee Sinnott at all" is anything to go by. 

I don't know how much of a problem not knowing the local NW football mafia is but I can't help feeling opportunities are missed though.

markecky

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 12:16:02 PM »

Seems that is still the situation if the comment on local radio recently from Danny Johnson Ashton United manager "I don't know Lee Sinnott at all" is anything to go by. 

I don't know how much of a problem not knowing the local NW football mafia is but I can't help feeling opportunities are missed though.

When Lee Sinnott came in he made a point of saying he wanted to appoint a local assistant manager.  Between Neil Tolson and Ian Senior I reckon the contacts are pretty good.

As for the original point, I still believe that Mitchley will come back a better player for a month somewhere. 

Ryan Brooke isn't good enough  and Lacey reaches the required standard occasionally but not often enough.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 12:54:46 PM »

When Lee Sinnott came in he made a point of saying he wanted to appoint a local assistant manager.  Between Neil Tolson and Ian Senior I reckon the contacts are pretty good.

How 'local' is Tolson though?

I may be wrong here but doesn't he live in West Yorkshire?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jimmy

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 12:58:05 PM »

A big problem in this situation is Like Ballers said the 3rd forward James Lawrie is a  decent forward but inconsistent and when he has an off day we are buggerd and you maybe right Eck about the loan of Mitchley but while he is on loan who will be the forward on the bench as for Brooke and Lacey I'd tend to agree
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 01:03:54 PM by Jimmy »

Ash 48

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2012, 12:59:39 PM »

I dont think they struggle to get in coz there not good enough they just lack time :S
I spoke to an alty fan the other day who was passing judgement on a couple of players and when i said some of the running off the ball was good to which the reply was "i dont really know enough about football to be watching runs" :( so makes ya wonder who your arguing with sometimes  ???

Jimmy

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2012, 01:06:37 PM »

Back on subject what is your opinion on the 3 players in question

Hamilton

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2012, 01:26:59 PM »

To play at their best, players need match fitness - no amount of training will get a player to his best. I doubt we have seen anything like the best of these players - certainly hope this is the case!

Jimmy

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »

That's a good point but as ballers posted earlier there is a reason there not getting game time lee can't trust them

RocketDan

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2012, 01:44:50 PM »

They just haven't been good signings. A lack of good local contacts from LS? Possibly but thank God Reevesy came back, these two were our starting strike pairing in July!!

to be fair to LS.  I don't think we'd be having this conversation if Leighton McGivern hadn't gone AWOL

JDN

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2012, 01:47:39 PM »

That's a good point but as ballers posted earlier there is a reason there not getting game time lee can't trust them
you and Ballers the same person Jimmy?

markecky

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2012, 01:50:35 PM »

you and Ballers the same person Jimmy?

Have you gone today?

Jimmy

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2012, 01:53:42 PM »

No mate

Ash 48

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2012, 01:55:08 PM »

Honestly i think brookes confidence is very very low but he has got decent technique Mitchley offers alot more to a game than some think i watched what he does to defenders when he does play he constantly keeps them moving he very arkward to mark, his build up play as a striker surpasses the abillity of his fellow strikers build up play, if we were using him instead of lawrie we would most likely be discussing something else
As for paddy i always believe when you play your a better player
LS just throws them all on at the end and we end up with a jumbled unbalanced team ,he should have give them more starts early on with the odd 30 aswell and now we would have some fight for places. You gotta realize aswell brooke and mitchley started pre season then reeves come back and started the next 5 games to get fit so them games were takin away from the others so they didnt really even have a pre season
Theres always more to a situation than first glance were at a hard level for players  only 2 days training and a game and if your not starting you get two sessions a week were as mitchley and brooke would have used to full weeks training and getting reserves

JDN

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2012, 01:59:56 PM »

Honestly i think brookes confidence is very very low but he has got decent technique Mitchley offers alot more to a game than some think i watched what he does to defenders when he does play he constantly keeps them moving he very arkward to mark, his build up play as a striker surpasses the abillity of his fellow strikers build up play, if we were using him instead of lawrie we would most likely be discussing something else
As for paddy i always believe when you play your a better player
LS just throws them all on at the end and we end up with a jumbled unbalanced team ,he should have give them more starts early on with the odd 30 aswell and now we would have some fight for places. You gotta realize aswell brooke and mitchley started pre season then reeves come back and started the next 5 games to get fit so them games were takin away from the others so they didnt really even have a pre season
Theres always more to a situation than first glance were at a hard level for players  only 2 days training and a game and if your not starting you get two sessions a week were as mitchley and brooke would have used to full weeks training and getting reserves
so you think brooke and mitchley should play more? but who would you drop so that could happen?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brooke,Mitchley and Lacey