PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brooke,Mitchley and Lacey
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Brooke,Mitchley and Lacey  (Read 10608 times)

Ash 48

Re: Brooke,Mitchley and Lacey
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2012, 02:13:36 PM »

Think they should have more time ide start mitchley before lawrie as i beleive with 4 games we wud see a more effective player if he was playing he wud be slotting his half chances coz he finds the space which is a good quality on it own get him playing and fit its the only fair test before judgement cudnt have a performance review at work with ya hands tied behind ya back

Jimmy

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2012, 02:16:25 PM »

The situation were in can we afford to experiment

JDN

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2012, 02:24:56 PM »

Think they should have more time ide start mitchley before lawrie as i beleive with 4 games we wud see a more effective player if he was playing he wud be slotting his half chances coz he finds the space which is a good quality on it own get him playing and fit its the only fair test before judgement cudnt have a performance review at work with ya hands tied behind ya back
you would start mitchley ahead of lawrie?

Ash 48

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2012, 02:43:34 PM »

Exactlty i knew it would happen when reeves came back we would push some young potential with pedigree back on to the bench letting them rust even with the possibillity of reeves leaving at any momennt the blame lies with LS hes not used them properly he didnt give himself enough options or give them the boost they need and they receive the blame when there driving in a race without fuel
Ive played low level before and for me i could put in extra training each day but match practice is a different beast
Yer i would no doubt hes clearly got intellingence on the pitch with games hed be a much better option but i go back to others i spoke to who said " i only judge strikers on goals" tut tut tut but its a difficult time to start experimenting i agree
But anyway COME ON ALTY!!!!

Jimmy

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2012, 02:52:17 PM »

They have been at a higher level but so have most players at this level pedigree is flattering I'd say to be honest

JDN

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2012, 02:52:48 PM »

Exactlty i knew it would happen when reeves came back we would push some young potential with pedigree back on to the bench letting them rust even with the possibillity of reeves leaving at any momennt the blame lies with LS hes not used them properly he didnt give himself enough options or give them the boost they need and they receive the blame when there driving in a race without fuel
Ive played low level before and for me i could put in extra training each day but match practice is a different beast
Yer i would no doubt hes clearly got intellingence on the pitch with games hed be a much better option but i go back to others i spoke to who said " i only judge strikers on goals" tut tut tut but its a difficult time to start experimenting i agree
But anyway COME ON ALTY!!!!
yeah Reeves coming back really messed everything up!

you must be dissapointed that i see for some reason LS has gone for lawrie ahead of mitchley again today :( madness!!

Ash 48

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2012, 03:05:09 PM »

It did abit he gave himself a good chance when reeves come back to guide the others in but he didnt he just put his reeves glasses
I like lawrie dont get me wrong but ide go mitchley my mates a mansfield fan and they had him he said when he was fit he destroyed wrexam to the point they had to keep 2 men on him so somethings there

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2012, 03:12:24 PM »

It did abit he gave himself a good chance when reeves come back to guide the others in but he didnt he just put his reeves glasses
I like lawrie dont get me wrong but ide go mitchley my mates a mansfield fan and they had him he said when he was fit he destroyed wrexam to the point they had to keep 2 men on him so somethings there

Dear Lord, you're going on my mental list of posters not to reply to!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Ash 48

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2012, 03:22:57 PM »

Mental list of posters for giving my opinion rather than coming on to critisise people get a grip mate everyone has an opinion.
Dont be so dismisive

Alfa Romeo

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2012, 08:43:57 PM »

I think Ash 48 may be related to Danny Mitchley as his/her comments are lifted straight from a conversation I had with Danny Mitchley's Mum in the car park on Wednesday night. And yes, I am the Alty fan who confessed that I'm not enough of an expert in the game to notice every run, good or otherwise, that a striker makes. If the run ends with a goal that's good, if it ends with a header 10 yards over the bar or a shot scuffed straight at the keeper that's less good. That limited knowledge over the past 40 years has enabled me to recognise that John Hughes, John Rogers, Graham Bennett, Colin Little, Rod Thornley, Andy Green, Damian Reeves, to name a few, were good strikers. Whereas a set of players who'd just been turned over 4-0 by Congleton Town might possibly not be so good.

I hope both Danny & Ryan turn it around as we may need them as the season progresses and I agree with those who suggest they get some game time on loan in the meantime. Oh, and as I said on another thread, Paddy Lacey played really well today. At least I think he did, I'm not an expert after all

markecky

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2012, 09:21:21 PM »

If it is his Mum then I understand the feeling of defending your son, doubt he will be overly pleased that she has done it in this way though!

One of the joys of non league football!

Oh and Alfa, you're getting us a bad name mate, start watching these runs a bit more!

Let's hope Ryan Brookes mum hasn't got a computer!

taxi Phil

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2012, 10:02:23 PM »

I think Ash 48 may be related to Danny Mitchley as his/her comments are lifted straight from a conversation I had with Danny Mitchley's Mum in the car park on Wednesday night. And yes, I am the Alty fan who confessed that I'm not enough of an expert in the game to notice every run, good or otherwise, that a striker makes. If the run ends with a goal that's good, if it ends with a header 10 yards over the bar or a shot scuffed straight at the keeper that's less good. That limited knowledge over the past 40 years has enabled me to recognise that John Hughes, John Rogers, Graham Bennett, Colin Little, Rod Thornley, Andy Green, Damian Reeves, to name a few, were good strikers. Whereas a set of players who'd just been turned over 4-0 by Congleton Town might possibly not be so good.

I hope both Danny & Ryan turn it around as we may need them as the season progresses and I agree with those who suggest they get some game time on loan in the meantime. Oh, and as I said on another thread, Paddy Lacey played really well today. At least I think he did, I'm not an expert after all

Expert or not, you're right about Lacey today. Probably his best performance for us - I'm prepared to revise my opinion of him from Wednesday if he can give us more of the same.

forever red

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2012, 10:15:36 PM »

if ash48 isnt related to Danny then its Danny himself...
anyways, I agree mitchley shows something but isnt fit but we cant afford to start him ahead of lawrie or reeves at the moment so imo a months loan is the answer.
Brooke on the other hand is just a poor player. end of. and he needs to go and stop pissing about.
lacey was poor on Wednesday but had his best alty performance today, was top quality.
mitchley and lacey worth keeping for now. but Brooke isnt good enough for this level imo

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2012, 02:42:41 AM »

That limited knowledge over the past 40 years has enabled me to recognise that John Hughes, John Rogers, Graham Bennett, Colin Little, Rod Thornley, Andy Green, Damian Reeves, to name a few, were good strikers. Whereas a set of players who'd just been turned over 4-0 by Congleton Town might possibly not be so good.

I think this is a fair point. You don't need to have necessarily have played the game at any level. Obviously you will have gained an insight but if all you have ever done is watch then at the very least you will be able to recognise who is good at a particular level. eg. Damian Reeves = good goal scorer, Mitchley/Brooke = less so. Paul Cuddy = very determined, quality no nonsense defender, Marc Joseph = slightly past his best, hesitant mistake prone defender.

Of course, Brooke and Mitchley do have more ability than the next kid at school. I'm not saying that they're completely sh*t (Mitchley at least looks lively and as I've said previously Brooke was good at Harrogate and Gainsborough) but ultimately you have to make a judgement at the level you're at.

In a nice world both would get game time elsehwere, game time here and get their confidence back but wouldn't everyone?

Nonleaguer

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2012, 12:46:32 PM »

I'm sure if Mitchley was that good at Mansfield he would have still beeen there. As early season tips for promotion the Stags have seen having a bit of a down turn in fortunes given the money lavished by John Radford. Some people perhaps don't spark at particular clubs and perhaps Alty is one of these in the case of Mitchley.

I would if when he left, his fellow team mates had a whip round for the much sought after Stags stationery set? ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brooke,Mitchley and Lacey