PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "my mates going...and his mates from work...and Dave from down our road"
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: "my mates going...and his mates from work...and Dave from down our road"  (Read 14879 times)

JDN

Re: "my mates going...and his mates from work...and Dave from down our road"
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 07:24:39 PM »

I'm expecting a big turn out.

I'm aware of a decent number of people coming, majority are not Alty regulars and there are some who have never been before.

I just hope we put on a performance as we have a hisory of not turning up when we get a bumper crowd.

have we? Depends what you call bumper suppose

JDN

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 07:28:09 PM »

It's great that we will be attracting so many more people, but I can't agree that the result isn't important.
I desperately want us to win this game, apart from the financial and longer term benefits, it would really make this a great season .
it would be memorable game, but a great season rather depends on the bread and butter

Was 88-89 a great season?

fuertes

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 08:02:45 PM »

I'd take doing nothing in the league this season if we draw a Prem team in the FA Cup 3rd Round or win the FA Trophy.

JDN

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 08:20:25 PM »

I'd take doing nothing in the league this season if we draw a Prem team in the FA Cup 3rd Round or win the FA Trophy.
fair enough

These league games are a distraction

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 08:53:26 PM »

A strange statement in my opinion

fuertes

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 09:06:24 PM »

The run to Wembley or a tie at Old Trafford wouldn't only be fantastic events for us fans, but they'd also equip us with the cash to kick on in coming seasons. An upturn in league form seeing us make the playoffs would obviously be great too, but the massivepayday is what we've been hoping for for years.

Just look at our opposition tomorrow night. Burton's ties against United netted them around £1m in total. Allowed them to progress into the FL. I'd love that for us.

RocketDan

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 09:12:13 PM »

Not really.... £27k for winning second round. Plus an away draw at a big club would give us gate receipts of anywhere between £300-£400k. Plus another £20,000 for being shown on TV.

Long term investment to the ground and squad.

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 09:16:06 PM »

A trip to wembley or stretford is the extreme of the argument you could get reading or villa under 15 grand there

JDN

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 09:23:56 PM »

The run to Wembley or a tie at Old Trafford wouldn't only be fantastic events for us fans, but they'd also equip us with the cash to kick on in coming seasons. An upturn in league form seeing us make the playoffs would obviously be great too, but the massivepayday is what we've been hoping for for years.

Just look at our opposition tomorrow night. Burton's ties against United netted them around £1m in total. Allowed them to progress into the FL. I'd love that for us.
agreed

It was the I would take doing nothing in the league this season that was the strange statement

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 09:27:30 PM »

Think I will throw my season ticket away

RocketDan

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 09:28:54 PM »

A trip to wembley or stretford is the extreme of the argument you could get reading or villa under 15 grand there

so a conservative estimate for the gate of premier league team would be 20,000 and at £25 per ticket - Thats Half a million quid - of which we'd get 45%

£225k is more than our gate takings for the whole season and would financially set us up for the next decade.

arnald

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 09:32:59 PM »

lets just get moss lane rockin tomorow all the lads singin ,its only the first round if we get beyond
then ile need more pills simple as

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 09:34:31 PM »

I understand dan but there are many ifs and buts it is probably mort likely we have a good leauge season than beat both burton then Crewe anyway the 2 go hand in hand if we had united in January we would buy quality players that month

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 10:07:08 PM »

It's great that we will be attracting so many more people, but I can't agree that the result isn't important.
I desperately want us to win this game, apart from the financial and longer term benefits, it would really make this a great season .

That was just my opnion.  I think its pretty obvious I want us to win for the financial and long term benefits like you.

I'm saying I won't be desolate if we lose to a team two leagues above providing we have put on a good show for the newbies.
mark is again spot on as i said before we played at theres if we show heart and passion and close them down we can hold our heads high as when we walked out of there ground
ParkINson's red and white army

Jenga

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 10:14:11 PM »

If you see people NOT singing tomorrow, give them a slap. :-\

Seriously we need everyone singing and make the atmosphere better than at Burton.

If it goes quiet we all have the responsibility to get everyone going, keep encouraging each other to all sing. The sore throat is for Friday, not Thursday night.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "my mates going...and his mates from work...and Dave from down our road"