News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 When will Sinnot learn?

Author Topic: When will Sinnot learn?  (Read 36854 times)

ForeverAlty

When will Sinnot learn?
« on: November 24, 2012, 07:30:51 PM »

Whenever Watmore comes on off the bench, he makes an instant impact... He should learn that it would be a good idea to start him and get going from the start.

Passing it around the back four... Burton amost scored an extra two due to us doing this, granted there a league club so we'll leave them out... but today we carried on doing it and it invited pressure and this is how most of the time we could not get the ball up the pitch, which is were we score our goals!

One thing i like about his play is the passing and how brilliant it can be sometimes, but they can even take that too far when we are 10 yards from goal and then it is passed to the wing.

So either Sinnot needs to change some factors of his play or we change the manager!

Bath Alty

Re: When will Sinnot learn?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 07:38:37 PM »

Agree with the need to start Duncan - as well as being one of our best attacking threats he needs to build his stamina so we can get 90 minutes out of him in the big games which we never will if he only plays 30 minutes a game from the bench.  I really don't understand why Lee does this.

I disagree on the playing it around at the back.  While we may play our selves into trouble sometimes I think we do better doing this than thumping it long into a midfield where we lack presence and the ability to win headers, it will come back to us more often more quickly from long balls.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 08:40:13 PM »

Agree with the need to start Duncan - as well as being one of our best attacking threats he needs to build his stamina so we can get 90 minutes out of him in the big games which we never will if he only plays 30 minutes a game from the bench.  I really don't understand why Lee does this.

I disagree on the playing it around at the back.  While we may play our selves into trouble sometimes I think we do better doing this than thumping it long into a midfield where we lack presence and the ability to win headers, it will come back to us more often more quickly from long balls.

Against Burton he was great in the first half but in the second half he was ineffective.

RocketDan

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 04:44:56 PM »

Whenever Watmore comes on off the bench, he makes an instant impact...

Please can you provide us with example of this.

Watmore is far more effective when he plays from the off.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »

That's what he said.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 05:15:28 PM »

I totally agree with playing it around at the back. It was Danny Hall against Burton, he panicked and nearly caused a goal  ???

ForeverAlty

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 05:56:45 PM »

What i'm trying to say is that Watmore SHOULD start and i said he makes an instant impact off the bench as back up to my point that he should start.

An example of him making an impact off the bench (as you asked for) is Burton with our 3rd goal... He came on, few minutes later he's on the wing and he gets a lucky deflection to score.

Against Hinckley, he scored two in the last 10 minutes coming off the bench

Even Halifax yesterday, we looked more alive with him on after he came on off the bench

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 06:36:02 PM »

Duncan does display levels of enthusiasm and urgency that many of his collegues would do well to copy.

mikealty

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 11:35:05 PM »

What i'm trying to say is that Watmore SHOULD start and i said he makes an instant impact off the bench as back up to my point that he should start.

An example of him making an impact off the bench (as you asked for) is Burton with our 3rd goal... He came on, few minutes later he's on the wing and he gets a lucky deflection to score.

Against Hinckley, he scored two in the last 10 minutes coming off the bench

Even Halifax yesterday, we looked more alive with him on after he came on off the bench
Not to mention his absolute screamer against Harrogate, in a game where he started.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 When will Sinnot learn?