News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 'Now, let's concentrate on the league' - Sinnott

Author Topic: 'Now, let's concentrate on the league' - Sinnott  (Read 5533 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 28, 2012, 10:49:24 AM »

www.thisistrafford.co.uk

THE Cup exploits have been rewarding in every sense of the word, but Lee Sinnott has challenged his Altrincham players to make their Blue Square Bet North endeavours even more memorable, as they head into a season-shaping spell of eight games in December.

A 5-2 FA Trophy defeat at FC Halifax Town on Saturday marked the end of a lucrative seven-game run in the two main knock-out competitions, but, with two-thirds of their League programme still to go, and play-off places up for grabs, Sinnott was adamant Alty still had plenty to play for.

"We have been saturated with Cup games over the past couple of months, but the league is our bread and butter, and this is a really important time for us," said Alty’s manager, ahead of Saturday’s trip to Boston United.

"The FA Cup, in particular, was a great adventure, but we’ve got some catching up to do in the league now, and we need to try and build some momentum.

"We have to strive for the kind of consistency we showed in September and October, when we went on a nine-game unbeaten run. That’s what we have to get back to, and I firmly believe we have the quality to do it.

"What set us back a bit was losing three on the trot after the Cup win at Boston, when we had the chance to force our way into the play-off places. That was an opportunity that passed us by, but we must seize this one.

"I’m not going to say everything in the garden is rosy. There are one or two things that need ironing out. We are conceding too many goals, which is baffling when you look at the personnel in the team, but we will work on that."

Alty’s Trophy hopes were effectively ended by a stunning Gareth Seddon hat-trick inside 197 seconds just before half-time and red card for Danny Hall soon after.

"We started so well, and were a goal up early on, but it turned into a bit of a bizarre day,’ said Sinnott. ‘I don’t want to sound flippant, but we went Christmas shopping after 15 minutes. We just shut down, which was surprising and alarming. You can’t do that anywhere, let alone a place like Halifax. It’s a point I put to the players vigorously, and we must make sure we learn from it.’ Midfielder Carl Rodgers is likely to need another week to recover fully from his hamstring injury.
@AltyDaz

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 'Now, let's concentrate on the league' - Sinnott
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 11:10:19 AM »

Sinnot says in the last paragraph It's as if the team went Xmas shopping after 15 mins.

Can I suggest that LS goes xmas shopping, for longer than 15 minutes and gets a midfielder and defender to put some spine and steel  in the team before it's too late.

VofD

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 11:26:01 AM »

www.thisistrafford.co.uk

THE Cup exploits have been rewarding in every sense of the word, but Lee Sinnott has challenged his Altrincham players to make their Blue Square Bet North endeavours even more memorable, as they head into a season-shaping spell of eight games in December.

A 5-2 FA Trophy defeat at FC Halifax Town on Saturday marked the end of a lucrative seven-game run in the two main knock-out competitions, but, with two-thirds of their League programme still to go, and play-off places up for grabs, Sinnott was adamant Alty still had plenty to play for.

"We have been saturated with Cup games over the past couple of months, but the league is our bread and butter, and this is a really important time for us," said Alty’s manager, ahead of Saturday’s trip to Boston United.

"The FA Cup, in particular, was a great adventure, but we’ve got some catching up to do in the league now, and we need to try and build some momentum.

"We have to strive for the kind of consistency we showed in September and October, when we went on a nine-game unbeaten run. That’s what we have to get back to, and I firmly believe we have the quality to do it.
"What set us back a bit was losing three on the trot after the Cup win at Boston, when we had the chance to force our way into the play-off places. That was an opportunity that passed us by, but we must seize this one.

"I’m not going to say everything in the garden is rosy. There are one or two things that need ironing out. We are conceding too many goals, which is baffling when you look at the personnel in the team, but we will work on that."

Alty’s Trophy hopes were effectively ended by a stunning Gareth Seddon hat-trick inside 197 seconds just before half-time and red card for Danny Hall soon after.

"We started so well, and were a goal up early on, but it turned into a bit of a bizarre day,’ said Sinnott. ‘I don’t want to sound flippant, but we went Christmas shopping after 15 minutes. We just shut down, which was surprising and alarming. You can’t do that anywhere, let alone a place like Halifax. It’s a point I put to the players vigorously, and we must make sure we learn from it.’ Midfielder Carl Rodgers is likely to need another week to recover fully from his hamstring injury.

He's having a laugh  ??? ??? ???

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 11:49:42 AM »

www.thisistrafford.co.uk

He's having a laugh  ??? ??? ???

We probably do have the quality......on paper.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 12:10:46 PM »

In the first eleven we certainly have the quality to do it.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 12:13:41 PM »

Agree regarding our first choice XI, it's just imperative that we sign some better quality cover asap.

It's still totally achievable, but only if the appropriate action is taken soon.
Come on Alty!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 12:38:32 PM »

We have 12 players that are good enough.
Full time and proud of it

whopper

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 12:44:39 PM »

Im not sure we have the quality to defend a lead let alone 11 players that are good enough.

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »

You lot amaze me at times.

After Burton EVERYONE was saying we have the quality, now after getting beat 5-2 we dont have the quality. Either than or those that dont think we have the quality only pipe up after a defeat and keep quiet when we win, and there are a few of those around.

We have the quality in the starting 11 plus 2 subs (I am including Adam Reid in that).

What we need is to either increase the calibre of the players on the bench, or bring in first 11 players who are better than what we have and move some of the starting 11 to the bench.

At present we have nothing to replace tired legs or to change the game (except Watmore when he is sub).

Bring in 5 players and kick out 3. That will do us and we CAN reach the play offs.

Otherwise some players need to step up their game and with the current squad we may have enough to reach the play offs, but I think we will struggle and achieve 6th or 7th at best.

whopper

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 02:20:44 PM »

After Burton EVERYONE was saying we have the quality, now after getting beat 5-2 we dont have the quality. Either than or those that dont think we have the quality only pipe up after a defeat and keep quiet when we win, and there are a few of those around.

We have the quality in the starting 11 plus 2 subs (I am including Adam Reid in that).

Obviously that was a one off cup game in which players up there game so its an exception, IMO we are 3 maybe 4 quality players mostly defensive minded short.

Jimmy

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »

The best first 11 we have won all 4 games with ease but why only 4 games

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 09:21:00 PM »

Obviously that was a one off cup game in which players up there game so its an exception, IMO we are 3 maybe 4 quality players mostly defensive minded short.
this is the problem the players have proved with the right attitude they can match teams far superior this attitude should be the rule not the exception and then and only then will we progress
ParkINson's red and white army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team