PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott  (Read 22849 times)

Jenga

Re: Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 07:47:16 PM »

We played ok today, ran at their defence and apart from their keeper we would have had the game sown up early on.

Watmore should have started today.

Was impressed with Brooke, and I thought Sinnout offered something as well in the middle as an attacking midfielder.

For me it was a case points lost thought today.

My only good point is that I can see the team playing some nice football and the players are now forming more team play. We are improving and the jigsaws are coming together. I like the way we play, I like the players we have and I think things do look brighter going forward. I can see what Sinnout is trying to do and I firmly believe that if we can keep this team together we will go places, just not this season. I am going to actually support Sinnout at present, the signs are there.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 08:03:11 PM »

Do any of us know if Duncan was 100% fit today, how he trained on Thursday or any other reason why he may have chosen to start him on the bench? I would venture to suggest that the answer to that is a resounding NO!!

Another question - Who knows the players better, the Manager who works one to one with them, knows how they train, how they're feeling, their strengths and weaknesses  OR some people on here who look at most everything through red and white striped shirts hoping that some nasty facts don't get in the way of their personal perceptions.

Oh and for my money (and incidentally that of quite a few folk around the ground) Ryan Brooke didn't have a bad game at all. Seldom looked like scoring in all honesty but worked hard, linked play well and helped to make chances for some others

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 08:14:20 PM »

Ryan Brooke looked like the sort of player you throw on when your 2 up somewhere with 15 left to chase the ball down.... Not starting Duncan against Greg young today was a disgrace, as was yet again only have four subs, however its dressed up...

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 08:41:14 PM »

So do you actually know whether Duncan was 100% fit or how he trained on Thursday then Pete?

Maybe you know the reasoning for him being left on the bench?

As for the four substitutes thing. I'll agree with it on the whole but would just ask who else you would have put on there?

Simon Richman is unwell, Danny Hall suspended, Sam Grimshaw injured and Danny Mitchley on loan at Marine to get some game time so I assume, that he will be hopefully a bit more up to speed if/when we need him later in the season.

As I said Ryan Brooke never looked much like scoring but did okay. Too many people (and I'm not necessarily including you) had decided he was going to be crap before he even set foot out of the dressing room and would have said he was even had he scored a hat trick

whopper

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 08:42:09 PM »

Think lee tryed to play tight at home and maybe doesnt rate duncans defending? Either way phil if he's fit to play then he should start no excuses.

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 08:53:44 PM »

I've been one of Brooke's biggest critics, but thought he was good today. I also thought Lacey put in a good shift. Jordan Sinnott looks a very good young player in the making. Nobody actually had a bad game today apart from Reeves who was simply kicked out of it. Budtz was excellent in goal for them, and but for him we would probably have won.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 09:14:27 PM »

Do any of us know if Duncan was 100% fit today, how he trained on Thursday or any other reason why he may have chosen to start him on the bench? I would venture to suggest that the answer to that is a resounding NO!!
Another question - Who knows the players better, the Manager who works one to one with them, knows how they train, how they're feeling, their strengths and weaknesses  OR some people on here who look at most everything through red and white striped shirts hoping that some nasty facts don't get in the way of their personal perceptions.
Oh and for my money (and incidentally that of quite a few folk around the ground) Ryan Brooke didn't have a bad game at all. Seldom looked like scoring in all honesty but worked hard, linked play well and helped to make chances for some others

In answer to your question = No we dont know - however the lad hasnt hardly completed 90 mins all season, If he is indeed fit then Mr Sinnot's decision not to give the lad a full game is not one of his better choices, and I have to agree with Pete and say he would/could have ran Greg Young ragged all afternoon. Nice bloke Greg but a left back he aint. PS thought Brooke did ok

thegazelle

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 09:24:46 PM »

a messgae from an idiot abroad

why should we accept getting beat by Gainsborough . we are supposed to be contenders we lost at home to chester brackley guisley and for fecks sake gainsboro plus workington et al . no chance of the play offs for us.  2 year plan my arse. great football no points,
good attacking play but why cant we defend with a manager who was a top level defender.

I know i cant really vote because i am not there every week and some prick will peake me for saying it (and remember i think your a faceless prick who wouldnt say it to my face  before you peeke me), but sinnout for me.

lets start agian for next season coz this one is over.

and yes i was there at halifax to watch that debacle because i do go when i can.

arnald

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 09:38:46 PM »

dont give up on mr sinnott ,mr king took a while

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 10:00:45 PM »

Watmore should have stated rw and sinnout mid and lacey on bench.

Having said that we were miles better than them 2nd half and should won comfortable.

Full time and proud of it

Jenga

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 10:12:35 PM »

I agree with ATS. Usually I dont but on this issue I do.

I am sure I read somewhere that Duncan was not 100% fit. If that is the case you dont play him in the first 11. If however he was fully fit then he should have started.

Maybe LS will comment on the forum homepage in a couple of days time and we can see his side of the story. Until then it is difficult for us all to comment really.

scott tompson

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 10:52:16 PM »

Im not gunna call for his head, but cant see us getting in the play offs, quite sad really as we should be in the blue square prem; however, we cant be in a negative frame of mind, lets thrash droylsden and hopefully get a point against brackley!

fuertes

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 11:27:06 PM »

Just a couple of things:-

If we use last season as a guide, we need another 49 points from our remaining 26 games to make the playoffs. Call me a dreamer if you must, but I hardly think 14 wins, 7 draws and 5 defeats is beyond the realms of possibility. It's not long since we went 9 unbeaten. And I assume we might pick up a couple of players in Jan with our (well-earned ) FA Cup money.

I have no particular reason to back Sinnott. I don't know the man. But I think it's worth at least acknowledging that he's got us playing a decent brand of football and that he still has a chance of achieving something this season. Let's finish this season and see how we go. If we finish 13th and it looks like we're going nowhere then fine, it's worth considering alternatives. But I think there's still a chance he'll do the business for us.

Jenga

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 11:30:10 PM »

Agree Banbury.

Jimmy

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2012, 11:47:24 PM »

Phil there was nothing wrong with Duncan we saw that when he came on may I add if we're good enough to drop Duncan we should be running away with this leauge
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott