PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott  (Read 22848 times)

fuertes

Re: Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2012, 07:35:50 PM »

In the time we our waiting for failure a better manager who is out of work may find another job

Or an even better manager might become available...

Unless you're obsessed with the idea of appointing Gary Lowe (a man who resigned from the Hyde job because he didn't have the bottle to have a crack at the Conference on a small budget), you'd need to be clairvoyant to know the optimal time to change manager.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2012, 07:43:46 PM »

In the time we our waiting for failure a better manager who is out of work may find another job

Unless you're obsessed with the idea of appointing Gary Lowe (a man who resigned from the Hyde job because he didn't have the bottle to have a crack at the Conference on a small budget), you'd need to be clairvoyant to know the optimal time to change manager.

How do you know what was said between the chairman and Gary Lowe? He might've been told he wasn't allowed to eat sausage rolls on the coach to away games. I work with Matty Blinkhorns dad who's currently at Hyde and there's a lot of interesting things I get to hear...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2012, 07:47:01 PM »

Do any of us know if Duncan was 100% fit today, how he trained on Thursday or any other reason why he may have chosen to start him on the bench? I would venture to suggest that the answer to that is a resounding NO!!

I've read some sh*t on here in my time but this is an absolute belter. Aside from the fact that Duncan looked ok as he skated past 4 players the first time he got the ball you're suggesting that how he trained on Thursday may have been a factor?

If Duncan Watmore trained so badly on Thursday that despite us only having 11 fit outfield players, including a loanee debutant, and the other 2 players who have played in his position (Richman and Lawrie) being unavailable/unfit to start to a standard that he could not get in the starting XI then the young lad needs his contract ripping up and taken outside to be shot - it would have been the worst training session in football history.

Taking the standpoint of devil's advocate does not mean you have to present such absolute rot and drivel!

JDN

« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2012, 07:47:23 PM »

Two of the "three best players" were coming back from injury. I'd have started Watmore, but Lee's failure to do so is hardly a sacking offence ! We were the better side, but had no luck at all. We are better than we were last season. Onwards and eventually upwards.

This 100%

Mister Taylor,

But you told me on Saturday that you wouldn't have started with Watmore, which rather contradicts the above...!

disingenuous Taylor

Anything to happy clap

Credibility now nil

fuertes

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2012, 07:50:37 PM »

How do you know what was said between the chairman and Gary Lowe? He might've been told he wasn't allowed to eat sausage rolls on the coach to away games. I work with Matty Blinkhorns dad who's currently at Hyde and there's a lot of interesting things I get to hear...

Obviously I don't. I'm just trying to make the point in the starkest terms possible that there's not necessarily a ready-made solution to our managerial situation.

And anyway, by your logic (and it's perfectly sound) we should probably hold back a bit in judging Sinnott. There may be things behind the scenes of which we are all unaware.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2012, 07:53:19 PM »

Obviously I don't. I'm just trying to make the point in the starkest terms possible that there's not necessarily a ready-made solution to our managerial situation.

And anyway, by your logic (and it's perfectly sound) we should probably hold back a bit in judging Sinnott. There may be things behind the scenes of which we are all unaware.

Very true

JDN

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2012, 07:55:56 PM »

I feel we have better players than last season by some distance however team selection and poor tactics have us in a simalar position
team has gone forward, management has gone backwards

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2012, 07:57:24 PM »

Maybe he does make too many errors. And as I've said before, if we get to the end of this season and can conclude firmly it's a second successive disappointment, then fair play, consider alternatives.

But it's ridiculous to claim that a manager making a mistake indicates he doesn't care.

I wouldn't go as far to say he doesn't care as it would be odd in the extreme if he wasn't bothered. However, what I would say is that Mr. Sinnott does not seem to realise what sort of football club he is at. I rather get the impression he thinks he is at a club like Farsley or Vauxhallor such like and he's here to get a side playing nice football and entertaining the hundred or so locals that may turn up.

He seems to have no concept of many of our supporters pride of our playing status in the BSP and the desperation I and many others have to get back to that level. Where was his desperation to haul us into the play off hunt - it wasn't apparent in his selection on Saturday.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2012, 08:01:32 PM »

Maybe he does make too many errors. And as I've said before, if we get to the end of this season and can conclude firmly it's a second successive disappointment, then fair play, consider alternatives.

But it's ridiculous to claim that a manager making a mistake indicates he doesn't care.

I wouldn't go as far to say he doesn't care as it would be odd in the extreme if he wasn't bothered. However, what I would say is that Mr. Sinnott does not seem to realise what sort of football club he is at. I rather get the impression he thinks he is at a club like Farsley or Vauxhallor such like and he's here to get a side playing nice football and entertaining the hundred or so locals that may turn up.

He seems to have no concept of many of our supporters pride of our playing status in the BSP and the desperation I and many others have to get back to that level. Where was his desperation to haul us into the play off hunt - it wasn't apparent in his selection on Saturday.

I would put my house on the line and say if the game goes ahead tomorrow.. Watmore won't start again...

JDN

« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2012, 08:03:37 PM »

out of touch Banbury

Jimmy

« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2012, 08:38:46 PM »

How do you no why he resigned In my opinion Sinnott should have gone last march when it was obvious we wouldn't make playoffs
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:45:18 PM by Jimmy »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2012, 09:16:57 PM »

Two of the "three best players" were coming back from injury. I'd have started Watmore, but Lee's failure to do so is hardly a sacking offence ! We were the better side, but had no luck at all. We are better than we were last season. Onwards and eventually upwards.

This 100%

Mister Taylor,

But you told me on Saturday that you wouldn't have started with Watmore, which rather contradicts the above...!

OK Mr Cult

To clarify

I am 100% in agreement with the fact that failure to start a particular player is not a sacking offence

Also I am 100% in agreement with the view that we are in a better state than last season and finally the onward and upward bit

You are correct in that I intimated that I would not have started Duncan on Saturday for the reasons I outlined to you then.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2012, 09:21:27 PM »

This 100%

Mister Taylor,

disingenuous Taylor

Anything to happy clap

Credibility now nil

If you took the time to read some of my historic posts you will see that i am far from happy clappy when there is valid reason to criticise rather than what some people have turned into a purely personal vendetta with absolutely no connection to the team whatsoever

I am entirely gutted that you now consider me to have no credibility - I may well go and open a vein

taxi Phil

« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2012, 10:06:41 PM »

Open a vino instead Phil. Makes much better sense.

Jimmy

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2012, 10:21:10 PM »

[/quote]

Unless you're obsessed with the idea of appointing Gary Lowe (a man who resigned from the Hyde job because he didn't have the bottle to have a crack at the Conference on a small budget), .
[/quote]yes it must be a smaller budget phil jevons won't cost much
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott