PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott  (Read 22745 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2012, 11:55:33 PM »

Do any of us know if Duncan was 100% fit today, how he trained on Thursday or any other reason why he may have chosen to start him on the bench? I would venture to suggest that the answer to that is a resounding NO!!

I've read some sh*t on here in my time but this is an absolute belter. Aside from the fact that Duncan looked ok as he skated past 4 players the first time he got the ball you're suggesting that how he trained on Thursday may have been a factor?

If Duncan Watmore trained so badly on Thursday that despite us only having 11 fit outfield players, including a loanee debutant, and the other 2 players who have played in his position (Richman and Lawrie) being unavailable/unfit to start to a standard that he could not get in the starting XI then the young lad needs his contract ripping up and taken outside to be shot - it would have been the worst training session in football history.

Taking the standpoint of devil's advocate does not mean you have to present such absolute rot and drivel!

Gareth

1) Where in my post are the words devils & advocate even alluded to, never mind use?

2) Historically you posted balanced opinion and, due to your having played at a higher level than me, I attached a bit of credence to those posts. Now sadly you seem to have become a little sad, bitter and twisted, posting mainly criticisms of the Club and then disrespectful / borderline abusive observations of the people who have the temerity to hold a different viewpoint.

I hope that you are soon able to resolve your own internal issues

fuertes

Re: Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2012, 08:12:59 AM »

I wouldn't go as far to say he doesn't care as it would be odd in the extreme if he wasn't bothered. However, what I would say is that Mr. Sinnott does not seem to realise what sort of football club he is at. I rather get the impression he thinks he is at a club like Farsley or Vauxhallor such like and he's here to get a side playing nice football and entertaining the hundred or so locals that may turn up.

He seems to have no concept of many of our supporters pride of our playing status in the BSP and the desperation I and many others have to get back to that level. Where was his desperation to haul us into the play off hunt - it wasn't apparent in his selection on Saturday.

To be fair, when he was at "a club like..." he got them three promotions, including up to the Conference. Obviously I wasn't an avid watcher of Farsley Celtic throughout the course of those years, but that record certainly suggests he takes progression up the pyramid every bit as seriously as developing a nice style of play.

I suspect it would be easier to get out of this division by signing up lots of big, strong, aggressive lads, getting them well-organised, then hoofing for 42 games. But that would probably see you relegated from the Conference the following season. If we can get up playing some good stuff as the likes of Wimbledon have done, perhaps we'll fare a bit better?

Dunno. As I say, I'm not particularly in love with Sinnott. But I think it's worth giving him a bit longer just yet. Surely we're better than Premier League numpties who don't give a manager a proper chance? We haven't bought into the cult of the sackfest, have we?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Your hanging yourself Mr Sinnott