News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Doesn't look like Stevenage can have any complaints

Author Topic: Doesn't look like Stevenage can have any complaints  (Read 3891 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 24, 2007, 05:24:27 PM »

Tkaen from there forum

Best we've had all season?

Allowed the game to flow at possible every opportunity even if meant not giving the dozens of life threateningly obvious fouls.

10/10.

@AltyDaz

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Doesn't look like Stevenage can have any complaints
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 05:38:34 PM »

Or maybe i was wrong

A case of boro not putting their shooting boots on. Stevenage dominated the whole of the game with dozens of scoring chances. Unfortunately they shot every ball over the bar or wide, some of them open Goals. They were hit by one of Alty's two chances the whole game.
Ho hum. That's football for you

He must know how much we like him cos we have him every other week and the consistency of his performances are truly amazing. As too the midget female running the line, also truly amazing.

Was thet positive enough?

Have never seen such a one sided game in all my life, how can you get 3 points with just 2 shots on target and about 5% of the play?.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 05:40:22 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

Altysmiffy

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 05:42:44 PM »

Conservation of energy?????

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 05:46:41 PM »

Or maybe i was wrong
A case of boro not putting their shooting boots on. Stevenage dominated the whole of the game with dozens of scoring chances. Unfortunately they shot every ball over the bar or wide, some of them open Goals. They were hit by one of Alty's two chances the whole game.
Ho hum. That's football for you
He must know how much we like him cos we have him every other week and the consistency of his performances are truly amazing. As too the midget female running the line, also truly amazing.
Was thet positive enough?
Have never seen such a one sided game in all my life, how can you get 3 points with just 2 shots on target and about 5% of the play?.

10 out of 10 plus 1 Goodwin for humerous facetiousness!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 05:48:59 PM »

Thank you and here's another two

There's not been a bigger injustice since old OJ got off scot free. FACT.

Unless you were there they just wouldn't understand. To use the old cliche had it been a boxing match it would have been over before half time. But alas it was a football match run by a man who seems as if he's on another planet and we wish him all gods speed that he gets there one day soon. Hope he takes his midget with him.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 05:50:39 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 05:51:09 PM »

According to the way the board is set up, you'' have to wait another 0.4 hours for your next Goodwin  ;)

(Slightly longer than that actually as I'm off down the pub now to take the p*ss out of all the Chester fans!  :D :D )
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 05:54:22 PM »

According to the way the board is set up, you'' have to wait another 0.4 hours for your next Goodwin  ;)

(Slightly longer than that actually as I'm off down the pub now to take the p*ss out of all the Chester fans!  :D :D )

Goodwin for you i off to the pub to wind up the Morcombe fan who knows everything about football and might have one eye on the football.
@AltyDaz

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 05:57:59 PM »

the best till last

Nobody likes to see their team lose and I am no exception, although can accept when the opposition have done enough to win on the day. Alas I must report that Alty had little to offer (2 shots on goal) and 10 behind the ball after their early goal, very difficult to say "well played" and be sincere. They looked what they are, a lowly outfit, part time maybe but got out of jail today. At any other time it could and should have been at least 5-1

Whether its luck or a cat with 9 lives, they used up most of both today.

[
@AltyDaz

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 06:05:06 PM »

well all i can say is roll on another 6 points next year from stevenage!

markecky

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 06:21:20 PM »

on the coach home. posting on phone. what a result. nothing wrong with the referee. they dominated but we held firm with grit and determination. they were flash with no end product. it was backs to the wall stuff but we held out. we also did some nice passing ourselves at times. maybe their fans expected us to go all out attack. apologies for not rolling over and forming a guard of honour

Altysmiffy

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 06:26:21 PM »

We only took 4 points from Northwich.....

Stevenage are worse than Northwich!!!!!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 10:35:55 PM »

The result is what matters, I have seen Utd (Man) be por and commended for the one killer blow!

Well done lads for getting the three points!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 11:25:04 PM »

Predictable comments from a team that the little part time Alty have beaten.

Sorry but if you can't break down a part time team then you are simply not good enough to win the game. The clue in why we won is the phrase "Once they got the early goal" well if Stevenage were so good and superior why did they not get that early goal ?

Worse crossing I have EVER seen from a full time club and I apologise on behalf of Altrincham Fotoball Club for upsetting you so much with what was a gutsy performance.

lets be honest Stu didn't have to make any world class saves during the 90mins. Lots of possesion IN THEIR OWN HALF but we stepped up and sorted out things on the edge of the area. Looks like our tactics won, and we only talk about them on a Thursday  ;D ;D

Altyant

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 05:39:15 PM »

on the coach home. posting on phone. what a result. nothing wrong with the referee. they dominated but we held firm with grit and determination. they were flash with no end product. it was backs to the wall stuff but we held out. we also did some nice passing ourselves at times. maybe their fans expected us to go all out attack. apologies for not rolling over and forming a guard of honour

Sounds a bit like the Oxford fans after we got a point there!!

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 09:34:03 PM »

Worse crossing I have EVER seen from a full time club

after a while to think about yesterday that was the big thing, their wide men were excellent running with or without the bal, and very tricky but there just wasnt any end product. still i wouldnt be surprised to see the left winger play at a higher level. no-one could claim that stevenage werent the better team and were unlucky, but so what. all that matters is who's leading when time is up
a couple more wins and all should be sorted. we were referred to on the bbc as mid table altrincham, which is a step forward
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team