PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Duncan Protection
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Duncan Protection  (Read 22307 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Duncan Protection
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 05:13:10 PM »

What a number of you are conveniently overlooking is that Lee at Watford, Jordan at Huddersfield and any number of other 18 year olds you could mention were/are at full time clubs and consequently are able to benefit from all that entails

How many times have we gone on about playing full time Clubs who not only train every day but have state of the art monitoring, full time medical staff etc?

Maybe if Duncan was at a full time Club then he would be able to play every game but he isn't and given the points made by the Manager in his interview I suspect that he'd be rested even at a full time club.

Duncan trains once or maybe twice a week and probably has access to our medical staff no more often than that.

He is also in full time education which takes up a significant amount of time and energy.

Sorry but again it seems to me that some of you are just looking for any convenient stick to beat the Manager with and will not be satisfied until he has gone.

whopper

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 05:21:47 PM »

What a number of you are conveniently overlooking is that Lee at Watford, Jordan at Huddersfield and any number of other 18 year olds you could mention were/are at full time clubs and consequently are able to benefit from all that entails

How many times have we gone on about playing full time Clubs who not only train every day but have state of the art monitoring, full time medical staff etc?

Maybe if Duncan was at a full time Club then he would be able to play every game but he isn't and given the points made by the Manager in his interview I suspect that he'd be rested even at a full time club.

Duncan trains once or maybe twice a week and probably has access to our medical staff no more often than that.

He is also in full time education which takes up a significant amount of time and energy.

Sorry but again it seems to me that some of you are just looking for any convenient stick to beat the Manager with and will not be satisfied until he has gone.

so why do so many pro clubs send there youth prospects on loan to non league then?

Robin Reliant

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 05:28:29 PM »

[/quote]so why do so many pro clubs send there youth prospects on loan to non league then?
[/quote]

They still have access to the original club for training and medicals etc. and only train part time with the nonleague club.

whopper

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 05:42:15 PM »

so why do so many pro clubs send there youth prospects on loan to non league then?
[/quote]

They still have access to the original club for training and medicals etc. and only train part time with the nonleague club.
[/quote]im aware of this but also that it doesnt make sense to say we cant start watmore becuase we dont have the right medical set up?

whopper

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 05:44:17 PM »

I found the Watmore thing in that article to be okay, what annoyed me was that ridiculous statement about the substitutes. What Sinnott is basically saying there is that some of the players we have are not even capable of being on the bench instead of air. Nevermind if they're youth players or whatever, that is just bad man management. Must make Offori and Riley feel like sh*t.
he didnt mind playing twiss 36 times last season and he's full of air  ;D

Robin Reliant

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 05:47:22 PM »

[/quote]im aware of this but also that it doesnt make sense to say we cant start watmore becuase we dont have the right medical set up?
[/quote]

Agreed...if he can play the last 30mins, why not the first

whopper

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 05:50:54 PM »

im aware of this but also that it doesnt make sense to say we cant start watmore becuase we dont have the right medical set up?
[/quote]

Agreed...if he can play the last 30mins, why not the first
[/quote]exactly, it just feels like we are holding back a really quick horse but not sure what for

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 06:23:51 PM »

Yet more attempts to twist what someone posts in pursuit of slagging off the Manager.

Duncan has had a growing spurt - he is now taller than he was and has filled out some. he is also apparently having to do some extra stuff to avoid injury as a consequence of this

At Huddersfield, if an 18 year old had such a spurt he would be monitored very closely on a daily basis by the Medical Team there and would be given specific training and exercise regimes based on that.

We cannot monitor him on a daily basis as we only train at most twice a week (often once with a midweek game) and then only for a couple of hours.

We cannot suggest that Duncan rest for a few hours every day if necessary, as would happen at a full time Club

Nobody is suggesting that we have the 'wrong' medical set up but we have what we have as a part time club and that must be necessity have some impact.

whopper

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 06:34:49 PM »

Yet more attempts to twist what someone posts in pursuit of slagging off the Manager.

Duncan has had a growing spurt - he is now taller than he was and has filled out some. he is also apparently having to do some extra stuff to avoid injury as a consequence of this

At Huddersfield, if an 18 year old had such a spurt he would be monitored very closely on a daily basis by the Medical Team there and would be given specific training and exercise regimes based on that.

We cannot monitor him on a daily basis as we only train at most twice a week (often once with a midweek game) and then only for a couple of hours.

We cannot suggest that Duncan rest for a few hours every day if necessary, as would happen at a full time Club

Nobody is suggesting that we have the 'wrong' medical set up but we have what we have as a part time club and that must be necessity have some impact.
phil, just to make it clear this is not about calling for the managers head, this is about hundreds of people failing to understand why duncan can come on as sub but not start.

RocketDan

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 06:55:13 PM »

All this talk about monitoring his growth is garbage, I mean how much can you grow in a week?

I've never seen Huddersfield's training complex, but the way you are talking about monitoring players make it sound like something from Rocky IV. OK our medical facilities won't be anywhere near as good a theirs, but I can't imagine them being much worse than most full time clubs in league two or the conference.

I'd also argue that our medical and training facilities are much better than the ones used by Manchester United's title winning sides of the mid-50's which regularly featured 5 or 6 teenagers in their starting line ups.

taxi Phil

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 07:35:20 PM »

Has anyone considered Duncan's own view on this subject ?
and that is?
I haven't a clue. And neither has anybody else. Which is entirely the point !

Obviously we should farm him out to a bigger club who can monitor his development for us and send him back later.....oh, just a minute......

whopper

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 07:45:26 PM »

Has anyone considered Duncan's own view on this subject ?
and that is?
I haven't a clue. And neither has anybody else. Which is entirely the point !

Obviously we should farm him out to a bigger club who can monitor his development for us and send him back later.....oh, just a minute......
as far as i know duncan gets paid to play for us, he has a contract to play and when fit should, if he is injured or suspended then he doesnt, simple

Jenga

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 07:47:43 PM »

I really cannot believe how short sighted people are.

I agree with ATS he has basicaly expanded on my own thoughts and saved me alot of typing.

You dont play a player for 30 mins against fresh opposition and use one of you subs inside the first half. Your play him in the last 30 mins when the that opposition is weaker and tired. Any idiot can deduce that i am sure.

Jimmy

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2012, 07:49:56 PM »

Protection no protection lets just say because of the games Sinnott had rested/not selected to start Duncan the odds are we won't make playoffs if the manager continues to do this we certainly won't

Jenga

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 07:53:10 PM »

i would agree that without duncan playing 90 minutes each week our chances are severly reduced of reaching the playoffs.

After Brackley this week our league position will possibly be and look aweful.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 07:55:01 PM by Teaser »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Duncan Protection