PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Duncan Protection
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Duncan Protection  (Read 22305 times)

RocketDan

Re: Duncan Protection
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2012, 06:57:21 PM »

If Duncan is as bright as his previous academic history is suggesting and if he does well with the degree I believe he may well be taking he could at least double the £50K per year by not being a Professional Footballer

sorry Phil, you're just wrong. I don't know recent graduates (and i know a lot of them) that earn £35k a year or above within the first 3 years of graduation.

I'd imagine Duncan could easily earn £1mil through football before he starts seeing a £100k a year sallary which he probably wouldn't see until his late 20's (at the earliest).

Besides, who want to be an accountant anyway? If I was 18 and had the choice between being a footballer or a normal well paid job, it would be a no brainer.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:01:41 PM by The Golf Road Grumbler »

JDN

« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2012, 09:26:25 PM »

try going to games before calling people trolls you dickhead

Bless. You're very agitated, aren't you?  :D

Thanks for the personal abuse, though. And I'll be at the game tomorrow, FYI.
Banbury sorry for calling you a dickhead

I may not always agree with you, but no need

Football a passion game, but we all Alty

Enjoy the game tomorrow, I can't make it otherwise I would have bought you a pint

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2012, 12:10:03 AM »

If Duncan is as bright as his previous academic history is suggesting and if he does well with the degree I believe he may well be taking he could at least double the £50K per year by not being a Professional Footballer

sorry Phil, you're just wrong. I don't know recent graduates (and i know a lot of them) that earn £35k a year or above within the first 3 years of graduation.

I'd imagine Duncan could easily earn £1mil through football before he starts seeing a £100k a year sallary which he probably wouldn't see until his late 20's (at the earliest).

Besides, who want to be an accountant anyway? If I was 18 and had the choice between being a footballer or a normal well paid job, it would be a no brainer.

Perhaps you are right in that it may well be an individuals late twenties before they hit  £100K PA. However the career which earns them this will not end by the time they're in their mid to late forties.

There are a significant number of extremely lucrative careers knocking about though. Having worked in HE up to recently and still having connections I can tell you that 400+ graduates who take just one specific course are on £50K pa within 15 months of graduation (and that doesn't include the Dentistry Grads)

Can I ask you please. How many of the youngsters who have ambitions to be a professional player actually make it? And of those, how many will earn £1M at all never mind before they are thirty?  I think the stats would surprise you

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2012, 12:18:31 AM »

Perhaps you are right in that it may well be an individuals late twenties before they hit  £100K PA. However the career which earns them this will not end by the time they're in their mid to late forties.

Are you just making this up as you go along?

I know people who are in their late twenties, who work in London, who went to the best universities in the country and are working in the most lucrative type of jobs and they earn nowhere near £100K a year.

Duncan has a much better chance of becoming a professional footballer than earning £100K PA by his late twenties.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:36:01 AM by Jimmy Hill »
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2012, 01:01:06 AM »

Before this went off topic my point was that whatever the kid's potential, he should not lose his back up plan. Many if not most professional lower league players earn reasonable but not life changing money. there is no guarantee of success in football and no route through to post football life for most. The kid needs and surely will be advised to complete his studies, no one is saying his studies will earn him 100k, but they will give the lad a choice and a back up should he not become the next Wayne Rooney as some on here think.

Besides his own interests, isn't that what we all want?

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Hamilton

« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2012, 11:34:16 AM »

SW is right, one bad tackle could end his footballing career.

taxi Phil

« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2012, 11:39:51 AM »

Correct Hamilton. We've been strangely quiet on this forum about the tragic end of Ben Deegan's football career, and he's barely older than Duncan.

Jimmy

« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2012, 12:04:41 PM »

My opinion is that he has his head screwed on will get his degree and he has so much talent he will then become a profession footballer at say 21 22 then he has a career when he is done

bighairedmike

« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2012, 12:07:22 PM »

just has a conversation with a port vale fan in my office and he asked why we were midtable?

he then said these words "please tell me sinnot didn't last more than a season with you!"  :-\

"he was the worst manager vale ever had the fans hated him"  :-\

Speak to a Liverpool fan about Roy Hodgson and I promise you that his view will differ from that of a Fulham fan on the same manager. Different Strokes for different folks.

JDN

« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2012, 01:27:42 PM »

lets never play him incase he gets injured then?

whopper

« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2012, 01:30:40 PM »

is he starting today?

Hamilton

« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2012, 02:22:27 PM »

Keep up! We had got on to Duncan keeping up his education as a back up to a football career!

Hamilton

« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2012, 02:47:44 PM »

Keep up! We had got on to Duncan keeping up his education as a back up to a football career!
hmmmm

my reply was to your LAST post

And only ONE post since has been about education

think you should keep up bell

Oh dear!

taxi Phil

« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2012, 02:55:31 PM »

Today's team indicates that we are protecting Ryan Brooke  ;)

whopper

« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2012, 03:00:39 PM »

Just to check we signed duncan to play football not to study  ???
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Duncan Protection