PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Duncan Protection
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Duncan Protection  (Read 22493 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Duncan Protection
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2012, 04:01:30 PM »

just has a conversation with a port vale fan in my office and he asked why we were midtable?

he then said these words "please tell me sinnot didn't last more than a season with you!"  :-\

"he was the worst manager vale ever had the fans hated him"  :-\

In fairness to Sinnott, he took Port Vale over in League 1 after getting Farsley promoted. It's hardly surprising he was out of his depth imo so I wouldn't use that of a barometer of his time here. Do you know any Bradford Park Avenue fans?

Also with regards to other points on here, as a student Duncan will have ample time to rest...I think playing against Gainsborough won't affect his studies. In fact, from past experience let me tell you it's easier playing and training for semi pro football while you're a student rather than when you start working.

And as far as jumping at 1k a week, most 18 yr olds would jump at it obviously but I think (and this isn't the place to discuss probably) that the Watmore family are somewhat wealthier than one from the Brow or something. Not lavishly rich I'd guess but enough that Duncan wouldn't have his head turned by an offer. Maybe £1k yes but I don't think we'll see him doing a Dale and buggering off to Droylsden for an extra £50 anyway.

Jenga

« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2012, 04:12:52 PM »

There is a wide range of opinions on this topic. Some which unfortunately have got a little heated.

I would be interested in looking at who tends to back Sinnott on this topic and who doesnt and then look at the ages of those posters.

I am not saying anything concrete as I dont know who people are that are posting, but i wouldnt be surprised to see the older people supporting Sinnott and the younger ones disagreeing.

For the record i class myself as an older person at 42. Actually 43 on Tuesday. You can all buy me a beer for my Birthday on Tuesday night.

JDN

« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2012, 05:16:32 PM »

There is a wide range of opinions on this topic. Some which unfortunately have got a little heated.

I would be interested in looking at who tends to back Sinnott on this topic and who doesnt and then look at the ages of those posters.

I am not saying anything concrete as I dont know who people are that are posting, but i wouldnt be surprised to see the older people supporting Sinnott and the younger ones disagreeing.

For the record i class myself as an older person at 42. Actually 43 on Tuesday. You can all buy me a beer for my Birthday on Tuesday night.
I'am 38

taxi Phil

« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2012, 09:39:01 PM »

Just to check we signed duncan to play football not to study  ???
We signed Stuart Coburn to play football, not run a hire company. Spot the problem ?

"Part time, and we're proud of it......."

Jimmy

« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2012, 07:28:49 AM »

I'am 38
I would say its the other way round but great result today well done Sinnott the team and fans

whopper

« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2012, 03:08:39 PM »

I'am 38
I would say its the other way round but great result today well done Sinnott the team and fans
it was a great result jimmy and  something  tells me duncan will be staring again on Saturday  8)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2012, 08:30:15 PM »

One question - could we not get Duncan to sing for the full duration of his uni course - 3 years I am assuming??

taxi Phil

« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2012, 09:28:24 PM »

One question - could we not get Duncan to sing for the full duration of his uni course - 3 years I am assuming??
Has he got that good a voice as well ?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2012, 10:13:07 PM »

Has he got that good a voice as well ?

Give us an A .....

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2012, 07:54:48 AM »

Soz guys, I meant sign!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Duncan Protection