News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who would have thought....

Author Topic: Who would have thought....  (Read 1999 times)

Hemel Dave

« on: March 24, 2007, 09:58:51 PM »

...that we'd get one, never mind nine points from our last three away games - all against top half teams.

Chris Senior.....

Not sure it was altogether wise to do a somersault over the advertising hoardings after scoring (given he could barely see over them!). 
Although he tried hard to win the ball in the air, I'm sure he won't thank Stuart for puming the ball up to him when the bloke marking him was at least a foot taller.
Good idea to bend down and pretend to tie your shoelaces when being substituted in the last minute - especially as he was the furthest man from the dugout anyway.

Well done Alty.  Stevenages passing and movement were exceptional but at the end of the day we defended better (albeit last ditch desperation at times) than their forwards could find the target.  How many saves did Stuart really have to make?

louise1925

Re: Who would have thought....
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 11:03:43 AM »

On the radio it sounded like we had one shot and they had about 30. Must be some kind of record for most shots without scoring.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 11:10:39 AM »

depends what you class as a shot. We can all do 'off target' shots.

Shots were about 3 on target for us to about 5 or 6 to them, but can't remember Stuart having to pull off a world class save to stop the mighty Stevenage from scoring. Most of their possession was in their own half while they knocked it about. Their crossing was WOEFUL, I think they should look at that a couple of days next week  ;)

They quite simple couldn't break us down to create a real goal scoring chance, like we did to them. The defending was excellent and it had to be but the never roll over attitude of the Alty players won the day. Their players can keep the fancy 4x4's and sports cars that we saw in the car park. Guts and determination is whats made Alty win 5 out of 6.

bighairedmike

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 08:59:13 PM »

NLP today said stu had quite a lot to do. ???

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 09:10:15 PM »

I saw a few easily caught crosses and punches but don't remember any full stretch saves ?

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 09:28:27 PM »

ok fair enuff. jus wot i read. best way 2 find out is probly 2 go but thn agen i not bin 2 any games we won away so i  may not go 2 any away games in the future

Altyant

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 08:03:05 PM »

ok fair enuff. jus wot i read. best way 2 find out is probly 2 go but thn agen i not bin 2 any games we won away so i  may not go 2 any away games in the future

You and me both mate
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team