PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stalybridge intending to appeal red card
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Stalybridge intending to appeal red card  (Read 15775 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 02, 2013, 04:28:45 PM »

By using " the video evidence available" I assume that wont  be forthcoming from altrincham until the slanderous comments about alledged racism by our "right wing tory scum" fans on the messageboard that's linked from their official website are removed?

Mount Street Alty

Re: Stalybridge intending to appeal red card
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 04:35:39 PM »

And a full apology issued

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 04:41:03 PM »

Looking at the Alty FC Tv evidence. It is inconclusive because you can't tell whether it the goalkeeper or the defender that brings Reeves down. They might be appealing on mistaken identidy so that the defender gets the 1 match ban and not the keeper.
They really should be beating teams like us

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 04:50:19 PM »

It's pretty low that the comment in question has been allowed to remain, in fact it's not really on that no one on their forum has even bothered to put him right on the issue (even though they have been on here).

Branding a whole club racist is a very serious thing to do and it doesn't show Stalybridge in a good light that their (pretty much) official forum allows such nonsense to be published.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 06:20:23 PM »

By using " the video evidence available" I assume that wont  be forthcoming from altrincham until the slanderous comments about alledged racism by our "right wing tory scum" fans on the messageboard that's linked from their official website are removed?

I hope we are using the same video for the challenge on Duncan??

Baldrick

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 06:25:47 PM »

That challenge on Duncan was an instant red card offence. The referee and linesman should be banned from football for life.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 06:26:08 PM »

What would we use it for?

I was in the Office and didn't see the challenge but (apparently totally incorrectly) the match officials adjudicated that it was not worthy of a free kick let alone a disciplinary sanction so the video, in this case is absolutely nugatory

bumble

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 06:29:22 PM »

I was in the Office and didn't see the challenge but (apparently totally incorrectly) the match officials adjudicated that it was not worthy of a free kick let alone a disciplinary sanction so the video, in this case is absolutely nugatory

A referee will never get anything wrong and there is never anything refered after the game for a second look

Robins Retweet

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 06:54:02 PM »

A referee will never get anything wrong and there is never anything refered after the game for a second look

why dont you get a cctv fitted in your office so you can make sure the officials are always right?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 07:00:39 PM »

I thought if a referee missed or didn't act upon an incident at the time it could be looked at by the FA? So presuming the ref didn't note anything in his report action could be taken against the 6? James Smith at Mansfield? Incidentally I didn't get a good view of what happened but he obviously hurt Watmore

Robins Retweet

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 07:05:18 PM »

totally wrong, plenty of incidents have been fought for in court that missed the officials eyes.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 07:46:55 PM »

why dont you get a cctv fitted in your office so you can make sure the officials are always right?

Get a grip! I've just said that they obviously got it wrong haven't i?

Also, as you will know officials are not always right and nor have I ever said that they are.

Unfortunately when you play at the level we are at then you get a standard of player and official commensurate with that level of football.

You are right that if a Referee becomes aware when viewing a DVD that he has missed something he can retrospectively refer it to the FA. However as DVDs are not mandatory at BSN level (they are in the BSP) I'm not sure whether the facility is available to him on this occasion. Appeals can only be made with the support of video evidence but this would not be an appeal per se in the case of Duncan.

I'm intrigued to know where the reference to Courts has emanated from as well

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 08:05:16 PM »

Now according to their forum, accusing a whole club of being racist is some sort of hilarious wind up that we've all fallen for. ::)
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

markecky

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 08:31:23 PM »

Now according to their forum, accusing a whole club of being racist is some sort of hilarious wind up that we've all fallen for. ::)

Indeed.  We're all biting apparently.  You can't beat the old classic "racist scum" windup.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 08:41:44 PM »

Ah yes, that old chestnut.

To think two obvious WUM posts on here led to a full week of our poor Tameside cousins venting their spleens about us all over their own forum, on here and the Conf North Forum. Even one of their directors was reeled right in along with the other 5 lads who have access to the computer in Stalybridge. Now apparently by calling us all racists this is some hilarious, subtle piss take that we've somehow totally misread. Of course it is. Lets hope we somehow fluke promotion this year so we don't have to deal with these tedious balloons next season arguing the toss over 3 quid and FUMING because we turned up for about 5 minutes yesterday and still beat them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team