News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Warrington Town

Author Topic: Warrington Town  (Read 4705 times)

bumble

Warrington Town
« on: January 24, 2013, 04:35:39 PM »

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/warringtontown/news/new-stadium-plan-841144.html

"The ambitious plan includes an indoor sport and entertainment venue.
The club’s Chief Executive Richard Sutton, who has been driving the plans forward on behalf of the club, said: “We have made no secret of the fact that our ambition is to deliver a Football League status club with the right facilities and a sustainable business model."

Jezza

Re: Warrington Town
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 05:09:01 PM »

"The ambitious plan includes an indoor sport and entertainment venue.
The club’s Chief Executive Richard Sutton, who has been driving the plans forward on behalf of the club, said: “We have made no secret of the fact that our ambition is to deliver a Football League status club with the right facilities and a sustainable business model."

spot the flaw in the plan

markecky

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 05:12:12 PM »

2016 - Chairman "We need the town to back us"...."We expected gates of 1500 at this stage but Tuesday gate of 487 barely covers the cost of opening the ground"

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 05:16:45 PM »

There's certainly the potential in Warrington if they can get the town on board. They could end up either like Leigh or Fleetwood but fair play to them in recognising the potential.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 05:40:09 PM »

Rugby league town , easy cycle to current ground on pennine trail

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 06:15:26 PM »

You'd think there are enough people in a big town like warrington to support a football club playing at a decent level.

Weird place.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 06:51:29 PM »

I've lived in Warrington for over 20 years - its a very traditional  rugby town and those that are football supporters generally follow the Manchester and Merseyside clubs as ithe town is positioned between both. Warrington Town has a nice setup though with a good size bar/function room that brings on revenue for the club. Unfortunately the ground is right by the Manchester Ship Canal so its a cold place to watch the team in August never mind the winter months :D

Paul

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 07:42:30 PM »

I've lived in Warrington for over 20 years - its a very traditional  rugby town and those that are football supporters generally follow the Manchester and Merseyside clubs as ithe town is positioned between both. Warrington Town has a nice setup though with a good size bar/function room that brings on revenue for the club. Unfortunately the ground is right by the Manchester Ship Canal so its a cold place to watch the team in August never mind the winter months :DPaul

You could always take your tackle out and dangle a maggot (in the canal) if the game's sh*t  ;) :D

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 08:30:28 PM »

I've lived in Warrington for over 20 years - its a very traditional  rugby town and those that are football supporters generally follow the Manchester and Merseyside clubs as ithe town is positioned between both. Warrington Town has a nice setup though with a good size bar/function room that brings on revenue for the club. Unfortunately the ground is right by the Manchester Ship Canal so its a cold place to watch the team in August never mind the winter months :DPaul

You could always take your tackle out and dangle a maggot (in the canal) if the game's sh*t  ;) :D
GO TO YOUR ROOM !  >:(

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 11:15:23 PM »

The 1987 FA Vase Final was between Warrington Town and St Helens Town with St. Helens winning 3-2.  I know cos I was there along with 4253 others.

Just goes to show that rugby towns can still get a decent footy club together.

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 11:35:49 PM »

Ikea have bigger gates.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 11:52:19 PM »

Noticed reading the website that they have engaged Bryan Robson's sports consultancy to get involved to assist with their plans - I remember a few years ago Burscough linking up with Robbo for something similar and nothing came of it. Leigh (RMI) Genesis had similar plans.

Warrington though is certainly a large enough town to support a decent side if people are interested - problem is they follow Liverpool FC or Warrington RLFC. I cannot see the need for a new ground either. The Halliwell Jones is already a great stadium (been several times) and hosts premier league reserve football.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 07:00:11 AM »

seems to me the chairman has just downloaded google sketch up and got carried away...

Altyroo

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 11:10:41 AM »

Like already mentioned Warrington folk follow Warrington Wolves. So arnt intrested in the game with a round ball.
Having said that Wigan is also a big rugby town and they have a premier league team so who knows.

York Alty

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 11:18:36 AM »

Leeds, Huddersfield and Hull show you can have the two sports in the same place.  Leeds is a fair bit bigger than Warrington though.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Warrington Town