Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I've got my Workington bobble hat and Gloucester scarf on...
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I've got my Workington bobble hat and Gloucester scarf on...  (Read 10318 times)

Jimmy

Re: I've got my Workington bobble hat and Gloucester scarf on...
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013, 10:32:02 PM »

169 at Brackley.  I bet Gloucester had 30 there as well

I know its sounds patronising and all that but what's the point?  Why bankroll something no one is arsed about?
If you won the lottery and alty had gates of 200 you would still throw money at us mate

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2013, 10:33:32 PM »

Harrogate Town 3 Workington 1

Worky went in at half-time at 1-0 and should have been 3 up. They then hit the bar early in the second half.

The turning point was when Harrogate brought on Lee Elam who equalised then bossed the game, Town scoring 3 goals in 7 minutes. Two goals from ex-Burnley man Dominic Knowles.

Workington lacked a bit of talent but were a big, strong side who I bet are a tough test on their own patch.

Harrogate were garbage for an hour and I will lay £10 on the table right now that says they will finish at least 2 places below Alty at best.

Crowd was 284, it was bloody cold, I am off now for a few pints to warm up.

I will have highlights on tomorrow for anyone who is arsed, not your flash Alty TV HD job though, just bog standard.

Jimmy

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2013, 10:38:37 PM »

Enjoy the pints

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2013, 11:51:25 PM »

Worky went in at half-time at 1-0 and should have been 3 up. They then hit the bar early in the second half.

The turning point was when Harrogate brought on Lee Elam who equalised then bossed the game, Town scoring 3 goals in 7 minutes. Two goals from ex-Burnley man Dominic Knowles.

Workington lacked a bit of talent but were a big, strong side who I bet are a tough test on their own patch.

Harrogate were garbage for an hour and I will lay £10 on the table right now that says they will finish at least 2 places below Alty at best.

I will have highlights on tomorrow for anyone who is arsed, not your flash Alty TV HD job though, just bog standard.

Thanks Phil.....look forward to watching the highlights.Lee Elam made his final appearance for Alty at Bootham Crescent.......the only time that we have ever won there......in fact I believe that his final touch may have been a rather hopeful ball out to the byline that Dale Johnson somehow turned into a memorable late winning goal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRpa350mF4

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2013, 11:56:36 PM »

Thanks Phil.....look forward to watching the highlights.Lee Elam made his final appearance for Alty at Bootham Crescent.......the only time that we have ever won there......in fact I believe that his final touch may have been a rather hopeful ball out to the byline that Dale Johnson somehow turned into a memorable late winning goal!

Ha! Brian you have hoist me by mine own footage petard with that one.

I also remember a certain Altrincham supporter tapping the referee on the shoulder who should have been immediately ejected!

Lee actually came on trial at York but didn't get a contract which was a shame because, when he had his "head on" he was unplayable. Strangely I went to the Unibond Final between Bradford Park Avenue and Boston United and there he was again, dominating the game. Sadly BPA lost in extra time.

He's certainly a character who needs a biography publishing, a fascinating guy who people either love or loathe.

York Alty

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 12:31:47 AM »

Oh Dale Dale Dale..what you could've been...

I saw a photo of 'Lurch' Brodie the other day.  He was ugly in 2008, even worse now.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2013, 01:09:52 AM »

I have the shirt he was wearing in that game, signed, with me in MA!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mount Street Alty

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2013, 08:58:16 AM »

The attendances last night were a joke, the sooner we get out of this league the better, come on alty

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2013, 09:28:54 PM »

Match highlights of Harrogate Town v Workington for anyone interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh_LAmtjGbk

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 12:30:54 AM »

I also remember a certain Altrincham supporter tapping the referee on the shoulder who should have been immediately ejected!

Lee actually came on trial at York but didn't get a contract which was a shame because, when he had his "head on" he was unplayable. Strangely I went to the Unibond Final between Bradford Park Avenue and Boston United and there he was again, dominating the game. Sadly BPA lost in extra time.

He's certainly a character who needs a biography publishing, a fascinating guy who people either love or loathe.

I went to that Bradford Park Avenue v Boston United Play Off Final.......Damian Reeves scored his last goal before joining Alty & he hit the bar & missed a great chance at 1-0, before Boston snatched an equaliser & then victory in Extra-Time.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2013, 12:45:21 AM »

Very good highlights.....thanks Phil. Harrogate were quite poor at our place last month, but I think that , despite the huge number of games that they have left, they have a reasonable chance of making the play-offs.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »

Very good highlights.....thanks Phil. Harrogate were quite poor at our place last month, but I think that , despite the huge number of games that they have left, they have a reasonable chance of making the play-offs.

I agree, Brian. It's also worth bearing in mind that a high proportion of their remaining games are at home, because of their pitch problems this season. So if those have now been resolved, that gives them an even better chance.

altyf

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2013, 01:00:37 PM »

I went to that Bradford Park Avenue v Boston United Play Off Final.......Damian Reeves scored his last goal before joining Alty & he hit the bar & missed a great chance at 1-0, before Boston snatched an equaliser & then victory in Extra-Time.

I don't mean to brag but this was also the day I turned to you in the mainstand at the Horsfall Stadium and said "Should we not be looking to sign Damian Reeves if Bradford don't go up?"

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2013, 02:01:10 PM »

I don't mean to brag but this was also the day I turned to you in the mainstand at the Horsfall Stadium and said "Should we not be looking to sign Damian Reeves if Bradford don't go up?"

Not a bad shout that, he's turned out alright for us.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2013, 01:13:19 AM »

Yes........yes, you did son........good lad!!

Has that transfer started washing off yet??
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I've got my Workington bobble hat and Gloucester scarf on...