PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Histon matchday thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Histon matchday thread  (Read 6271 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Histon matchday thread
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 11:45:26 PM »

Okay we lost

I wasn't there but it seems that the better team won

That however does NOT make us a bad team and nor does it mean that we have to make wholesale changes, buy in players willy nilly etc.

We have been on a good run where we have played good football, scored goals and won games we would have lost not only last season but earlier this season.

All teams have bad performances, we seem to have had one tonight and lost

SO

On Saturday we need to start another run just like the one which ended tonight

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 12:46:32 AM »

I'll be fair to Histon, they did a number on us and passed the ball better than most BSN sides I've seen us play this season.

Considering for years they were an awful long ball outfit the change in their style of play is bloody impressive. The positive out of that is they will give all the other play off contenders they've still to play a very hard game.

As others have said though after our very good run we take that on the chin and move on to the weekend, still think we are a top 5 outfit...

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 01:46:56 AM »

I went to the match with a friend of mine who set up the youth accademy at Histon and has been involved with them for years. He said tonight's game was the best perfermance that he has ever seen from a Histon side, including the team that hit the top of the Conference. I didnt think we were that bad tonight but to be honest we were second best. I thought it more of a case that Histon played very well. Hopefully we will put things right at Workington on Saturday.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 01:49:45 AM »

Weird to read about a Histon team passing........when I saw them beat us at Moss Lane a few years ago in the conference the ball was in the air most of the time!

markecky

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 08:08:38 AM »

It was a team full of confidence just ready to tear into us and that's  what they did.

They never let us get going at all. Yes we could have done better but I honestly don't think we need to analyse it too much.   We knew it wasn't going to be our night when they cleared off the line.

Histon off the pitch is still a weird place, on the pitch they were simply superb especially on that first half. I don't know the ages of all the players but some are going onto bigger things.

Onwards to Saturday and we must fly at them like Histon did to us.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 08:18:42 AM »

It was a team full of confidence just ready to tear into us and that's  what they did.

They never let us get going at all. Yes we could have done better but I honestly don't think we need to analyse it too much.   We knew it wasn't going to be our night when they cleared off the line.

Histon off the pitch is still a weird place, on the pitch they were simply superb especially on that first half. I don't know the ages of all the players but some are going onto bigger things. Onwards to Saturday and we must fly at them like Histon did to us.

Five or Six players were left out of the Histon squad last night, two of which would have been in their starting line-up, as they are needed for Histon's FA Youth Cup match tonight at home to Liverpool.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 08:42:23 AM »

Histon off the pitch is still a weird place, on the pitch they were simply superb especially on that first half. I don't know the ages of all the players but some are going onto bigger things.

Re Off the pitch you're right there Ecky. None of us lot paid to get in. Simply walked straight from the car park upstairs into the bar and then down onto the ground at kick off. Not challenged once. Still they made it up in bar takings from us with those cans of IPA.

Mount Street Alty

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 08:58:17 AM »

That's an awful result

Iateallthepies

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 11:35:26 AM »

sh*te:!!

Saw Barry fry and Darren Ferguson at the game. Hope they aren't they to look at Reeves.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 11:43:44 AM »

Every time we get beat these days its against the future barca!!!  :D

markecky

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 12:03:42 PM »

Apologies if it doesn't fit with your arguments. Just telling you what I saw. Please feel free to dismiss my opionion.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 12:04:46 PM »

Apologies if it doesn't fit with your arguments. Just telling you what I saw. Please feel free to dismiss my opionion.

Ecky i don't argue i tell  ;)

as long as it's a blip i don't think it will effect our play off place anyway.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:37:54 PM by Jacko »

Jenga

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 12:52:48 PM »

Spelling Police will be out on this one - WATCH OUT !!!

JDN

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 01:14:19 PM »

this is what worries me, as soon as we play a team with confidence we get beat

Not sure why they should have had more confidence than us either?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 01:23:27 PM »

To be honest Jamie from what I heard coming out of the Boston dressing room pre match they weren't short on confidence and we didn't lose to them did we?

I'm not trying to downplay us getting beaten but, to quote Hughesey it fair boils my piss that as soon as we lose people start picking holes in and criticising something which the majority of them have been more than happy with during our unbeaten run
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Histon matchday thread