PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Lee Sinnott  (Read 12675 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Lee Sinnott
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2013, 08:23:50 PM »

I think for the average Alty fan we find ourselves in a strange position. Most fans favour stability and don't want to see constant changes of management but at the same time I don't think any of us think we are moving forward at the moment.BEFORE the season ends.

We seem to be going through cycles of looking a good side with good football to watch and then very poor quality football often against poor opposition.

I don't pretend to know what the answer is but I can't see how a change of management at this stage of the season would help our cause. Surely the time to make the big decisions is in the summer, if a knee jerk reaction was made now then we will end up with whoever is available not the best man for the job.

Whilst I'm not calling for Lee's head, I do have to say that, IF the board were considering "letting him go", they should do it before the season ends. Any new manager then has the whole summer to sort things out.

But I wouldn't sack Lee anyway !
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:26:16 PM by taxi Phil »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2013, 08:32:10 PM »

I think for the average Alty fan we find ourselves in a strange position. Most fans favour stability and don't want to see constant changes of management but at the same time I don't think any of us think we are moving forward at the moment.BEFORE the season ends.

We seem to be going through cycles of looking a good side with good football to watch and then very poor quality football often against poor opposition.

I don't pretend to know what the answer is but I can't see how a change of management at this stage of the season would help our cause. Surely the time to make the big decisions is in the summer, if a knee jerk reaction was made now then we will end up with whoever is available not the best man for the job.

Whilst I'm not calling for Lee's head, I do have to say that, IF the board were considering "letting him go", they should do it before the season ends. Any new manager then has the whole summer to sort things out.

But I wouldn't sack Lee anyway !

is he on a two year contract ?

York Alty

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2013, 08:34:01 PM »

Lee will stay and rightly so.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2013, 08:35:50 PM »

Very good forward Mr Russell, liked the booze I understand but the first time I saw him in an Alty shirt I thought what the f*ck do we have here

Got on one of my dads buses in Blackpool and when my dad recognised him sheepishly walked off.

He was plastered. Think he was living in Lytham at the time as I also saw him in a car once on the south prom

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2013, 08:36:42 PM »

I think it was Andy McDonald in 2002.

First game away at Lancaster if I remember correctly on a weekday night.

Jimmy

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2013, 09:02:29 PM »

Mount Street Alty

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2013, 09:19:48 PM »

Sinnout

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2013, 10:20:18 PM »

Very surprised at some people's opinion of Danny Hall. I think that he has been a good acquisition for us and forms a good partnership with Luca.

Phil,

Well, I'm disappointed at you, as you are usually the scourge of ponderous centre halfs!

After all, you used to give dear old Darren Tinson some considerable grief on this Forum and, to be fair to him, he was nearing 40 and playing in a higher division.

Personally, I'm increasingly underwhelmed by Hall, who appears to be under the delusion that he is Franz Beckenbauer.

Barry

The comparison of Danny Hall and the fossilised Tinson is akin to comparing Sara Martins to Mona

taxi Phil

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2013, 10:36:38 PM »

Franz Beckenbauer ? Hall is more like Franz Half an hour.....which is about the time he seems to need on the ball of late.

Hamilton

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2013, 11:11:59 PM »

Did we sign him from Coronation Street?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2013, 11:55:43 PM »

First game away at Lancaster if I remember correctly on a weekday night.

I think that it was Lancaster away, but on a Saturday afternoon......about October/November 1997?

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2013, 01:04:27 PM »

Lee's fate will rest with chairman, probably at the end of this season.  If he stays some will see this as a message to the fans that BSCN is good enough.  Personally, I can't get too exicted either way, he isn't terrible.  In a 3rd season though he will have nowhere to hide, play-offs will be demanded surely?

If Lincoln don't come down, Guiseley go up and FC United don't do a Chester, we have nothing to fear next season and no excuses.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott