PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 One less relagation place
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: One less relagation place  (Read 9701 times)

Jukes

« on: March 29, 2007, 09:53:35 PM »

Surprised no one on here has jumped on this, Connett is pulling out of Vics and putting the club up for sale, thoughts are they will have to 'do a Telford' and reform in the Unibond League

Alex

Re: One less relagation place
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 10:06:40 PM »

wow i been in power one day and already i have an impersonator kewl. didn't realise i was loved this much

Daycare Dan

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 10:10:17 PM »

Imitation is the best form of flattery.

Or it could just be you logged in under a different name.....

Alex

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 10:10:55 PM »

nah don't think you can do that.....

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 10:15:06 PM »

ummmmmmmmmm can't get on confguide to check on the Vics situation, although a statement has been issued on the supporters trust website mentioning 'imminent changes'

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 10:21:24 PM »

I feel sorry for the 500 odd Vics fans that came to Moss Lane on Boxing Day. Unfortunately with Connett's exceedingly dubious business track record combined with Vic's pisspoor gates this season then it was always a case of sooner rather than later as to when he lost interest. We already had the 'Do the people of this town.... etc etc' classic a couple of months back and while all at the moment is specualation and rumour it does not look good for our salt munching foes from down the A556.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 12:58:06 AM »

This was always on the cards, especially after Kidderminster thwarted Mister Connett's dream of swanning around the new Wembley Stadium at the FA Trophy Final.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 08:23:30 AM »

Now their trust forum has cracked and ceasing to work...I sense dark days ahead for Northwich.

I bet if it happens all the town are really sorry..although not sorry enough to actually go when they were needed.

teasybeaver

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 08:24:36 AM »

The fans who saw it coming i do feel sorry for, they dont deserve to go through all this, connett is scum, lowest of the low, hope he messes up one too many ventures and gets clipped.

For all the vics fans who came on here giving it the biggun about their stadium and bright future, with all of their blatant rural bravado:

HA! WE ALL TOLD YOU!

thegazelle

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 08:56:57 AM »

No news on the forum etc but this is from the witton site

The story as I have heard third hand is very similar to Robbo's information, at this stage they appear to be strong rumours and not confirmed facts.

Allegedly MC has said he is not prepared to fund the losses beyond the end of this season and has therefore put the players/management/staff on notice that they should look for new employment from the end of April. He is looking to sell the team/name etc which is separate to the other activities on the site (which I am told he still plans to develop), I believe this to be the NVFC 2004 company which is separate. I understand from third parties that he is wanting to sell the 'club' and at the same time will rent the ground to any new owner. The opinion would seem to be that he wants all the income and none of the risk, perhaps realising that the running costs/losses are unsustainable based upon gate receipts and commercial income from the football side.

As Robbo says this is all still alleged and supposed at the moment as there appears to be no formal communication of the facts, however many of the rumours have a common theme. I think many people have seen this coming for some time, preservation of the football club would appear to be low down the list of personal priorities.

Whilt there is a perverse enjoyment from the demise of any competition (be it in sport, business or other competitive area), I can't help feeling sorry for the hundreds of lifelong supporters of the club that have done nothing than show there support over decades - the present situation is not their doing. If the boot were on the other foot I am sure we would take plenty of stick and ridicule, however the reality is that this is the worst nightmare for any football fan. If this were Witton we would all be beside oursleves, worried about the outcome. No true supporter of a team deserves to be in that position (even if they do wear green and white). The reality is that very few football clubs die away, whatever the price and whatever the deal there will be a rescue package of sorts that will mean that NVFC continue in some shape or form.

From an etirely selfish perspective the troubles at NVFC play right into our hands. We have the opportunity to build our club, move up into a new division and prosper off the back of this. We have a sensibly ran football club with excellent relationships between the board/management/players and fans, we need to capitalise on this and take the opportunity to develop, starting Saturday!

Irrespective of the rivalry I wish the genuine fans of NVFC well for the difficult months/season ahead, however agree with others that our focus is WAFC and to become the areas number one team.

I am sure not everyone will agree with my post, but again thats what opinion is all about!

Sounds like it could be the end dont know if i feel sorry for them or not after the arrogance etc but then i suppose it was just a few knobs and there could be some nice people living down tthe salt mines.

The gazelle....... mellowing in his old age and thinking "Its ages since we had to finish with a jezzaesque flourish"

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 11:18:14 AM »

I heard FC United are buying the ground and Vics are moving in with Witton at the new ground that will be built at Moss Farm *where Vics originally wanted to move to*

Again all justs rumours that I heard about 3 weeks ago from someone associated with Witton Albion.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 11:24:16 AM »

Why they didn't just share Witton's ground in the first place is beyond me. It could easily have been redeveloped if required and would have been a really good business decision. It's not like the capacity is a problem and I'm sure they could still have built a "Chiquitos" on the same site!   ;D

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 12:18:51 PM »

Hope all this doesn't mean the Marina project is on hold?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 12:20:30 PM »

I have to agree with my learned friend the teaser.

You have to feel sorry for the Vics fans who saw this coming but there is a certain satisfaction in the "we told you so" scenario.

Best of luck to Vics, I'd rather play them Boxing Day than Droylsden.

FCUM say they won't play permanently outside the connurbation of Manchester and while the VS would be a solution to their ground needs I think closer to manchester is where they'll look.

Wincham park is in the middle of land designated for housing so worth quite a bit..I heard the original plan was for them to sell up and move in to the VS giving Vics a regular income to subsidise the rest of the VS developement..however Witton seem dead against this.

The most likely outcome I'd say would be AFC Vics moving in with Witton and starting again or perhaps they'll be able to persuade their case to stay in the conference...I can't see anyone paying £400k for the right to lease a ground...maybe FCUM will rent there for a few years but they're better off in Bury I'd imagine?..it'd suit any developer to get rid of the football club and have carte blanche on the site.

teasybeaver

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 12:31:06 PM »

Its all very business like. All the talk is of the economies of ground sharing and land value. Just goes to show that once a club is owned as a business interest  the voice of the club (i.e. the fans) is silenced and eventually forgotten about.

Its a shame for Vics, but in my eyes its a bigger shame for us. We've taken so much enjoyment from our 2 games this season, and its made the season that much more special and competative. If that goes it'll be a sad loss for any new supporters of the robins who may not get to experience a green slime derby for a fair few years!

On the business side i'd be delighted to see FCUM go to Northwich. They wont pick up many fans in that lacklustre town if vics didnt manage it, and they'd lose a fair few due to the distance. If they were to die out i'd be over the moon. It'd be like Northwich was a black hole of football! :D
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team