PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ryan Brooke
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ryan Brooke  (Read 5884 times)

VofD

Ryan Brooke
« on: April 01, 2013, 07:56:29 PM »

Why do YOU think Sinnott started this duffer today.

I haven't a clue because Duncan did not appear to have any problems. >:( >:(

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan Brooke
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 07:57:42 PM »

Just to give you something to criticise him for.
Come on Alty!

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 08:04:43 PM »

so you and lee could have something in common VofD; you are both now clueless!!!  ;D ;D ;D

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 08:17:41 PM »

Cos its April Fools Day?

FFS
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 08:26:38 PM »

It shows on the striker front as we all know there is not a great PlanB, needs to be corrected for next season.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 08:50:12 PM »

I reckon Lawrie down the middle with Reevesy and Buzz left mid would've been a better bet but I suppose LS wanted to have someone who could hold it up which Brooke can do.  Must admit I thought Lee was up to some tactical masterplan and "Duncan's got a knock and Nicky has a virus"  was a bit of a cover. If we'd started with those two and had a go I reckon we could've won. Tragically for me (and him of course) I had a chat with the manager in the car park after the game who said exactly the same. By all accounts Duncan would've come off much earlier vs Vauxhall if we'd been winning and Nicky shouldn't really have been playing at all but insisted. So apologies due and here's to 3 points at Halifax.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 08:59:25 PM »

I reckon Lawrie down the middle with Reevesy and Buzz left mid would've been a better bet but I suppose LS wanted to have someone who could hold it up which Brooke can do.  Must admit I thought Lee was up to some tactical masterplan and "Duncan's got a knock and Nicky has a virus"  was a bit of a cover. If we'd started with those two and had a go I reckon we could've won. Tragically for me (and him of course) I had a chat with the manager in the car park after the game who said exactly the same. By all accounts Duncan would've come off much earlier vs Vauxhall if we'd been winning and Nicky shouldn't really have been playing at all but insisted. So apologies due and here's to 3 points at Halifax.

Thank God someone has spoken to him and he has confirmed that was the situation.  

People might have wanted to see doctors note to prove it otherwise or brought him in front of some sort of forum jury.

Can't believe there were people sat in that great support fuming at a big cover up that never was.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:00:57 PM by markecky »

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 09:16:05 PM »

I also presume with the resources Chester have that they have had us watched and that he probably wanted to give them something different to think about. Although we lost I think we had a fair crack second half and they didn't steam roller us considering they're 5425643 points ahead at top. Just one if those teams that has two chances and scores them both. Our season won't be based on this game, onwards to Saturday ....

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 09:27:14 PM »

Disappointing performance Leather and Richman excellent not much else to shout about however still think we will make playoffs

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 09:39:49 PM »

Well i guess you guys didnt listen to Radio Robins.

Watmore was injured and was advised to play 20 minutes at the most. He came on  little earlier than expected as we needed something. Clee was also suffering from a virus.

I wonder what people would have done in the same situation? I think there are only one or two possibilities really.

It just goes to show that critising the manager / players without knowledge of the situation does indeed sometimes backfire on the poster.

sweetfa

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 09:43:47 PM »

Confirm that Duncan has struggled all weekend with a knock and wouldn't have made 90 mins without putting Halifax, Guiseley etc at risk. Lee made the right call and got 20 mins out of him. His balance was affected as was seen when he slipped during a "trademark run". With Ben Mills injured I think Ryan Brooke will be needed in the run in. Probably not a popular comment, but I think we should cut him some slack. He's young, does well in training by all accounts, and popular with the other players. He did OK today, and we should be trying to give him the confidence to play whatever part in the run in he may be needed for. Whether he is right for the future is a decision for another day. Finally, I know Chester thought they were in a real game today and if one of the two equalizing chances in second half had gone in, who knows what might have happened. Performance better than result, but against the runaway champions a result was always tough, so what we need is more of the same performance, starting with Halifax on Sat.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 09:44:17 PM »

Disappointing performance Leather and Richman excellent not much else to shout about however still think we will make playoffs

Agree Jimmy, thought Luca played well again as well.

So frustrating that if we could have started with the team that started against Vauxhall with Richman for Moult I know we could have got something.

Jimmy

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 09:49:36 PM »

To be fair people who criticised were probably just thinking about previous times when Duncan was dropped rested which have cost us points yes he probably had a knock

Jimmy

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 09:52:52 PM »

Agree Jimmy, thought Luca played well again as well.

So frustrating that if we could have started with the team that started against Vauxhall with Richman for Moult I know we could have got something.

Have to disagree about Luca after an excellent month he had a off day but with a fit Watmore and clee could got something I agree

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 10:21:01 PM »

Disappointing performance? Are you serious? What were you watching? We were playing a Chester team that hasn't lost at home, and without two of our most important first team choices. So some of Densmore's and Lawrie's passes went straight to the opposition, but they always do. That was the most committed I've seen an Altrincham team this season. I can't remember the last time I saw them win so many 50/50 balls. To say that was a disappointing performance takes no account of the opposition they were up against.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ryan Brooke