PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time to hit back at the FA ..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Time to hit back at the FA ..  (Read 8574 times)

Butty

Re: Time to hit back at the FA ..
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 04:56:55 PM »

yeh its a total f*cking joke. Now the total has been raised  to 3 clubs, because West Ham will be finead a MAXIMUM of 3 points for fielding TWO ineligable players. Surely they should be fined the points that they won whilst they were on the pitch, and double that because it was two players. As for Accrington, this really p*sses me off, because they are also gaining popularuty with their recent promotion. And Wimbledon is just plain stupid. What made their appeal right? They have been fined 3 points, which means that they must have done something wrong because the FA would not fine you for nothing, so why just reduce it? I know it is a rather rushed comment but i hope you see where i am coming from.

teasybeaver

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 04:58:56 PM »

I have e-mailed mr moules in order to try and get a contact address for the FA. More than a long shot but worth a try. Obviously i put my best e-mail voice on in order to impress.

Perhaps a better outlet is my friend the 'Short fat hairy' journo. He works in London and is a sports journo, maybe he will have a contact address for someone or just the format of their e-mails:

i.e. chris.edwards@thefa.com

and we can work out the rest. If it works we should bombard them with everything we have, politely, until they make some kind of comment or decision on their treatment of our club.

Lets not forget the hurt that everyone felt last year after the appeal.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 05:50:30 PM »

We need an FA cup run more than ever next season now, just so we can show the FA what we really think of them, hopefully on TV.

I just can't let this lie.

I also have emailed Mr Moules. I  DO NOT blame the Conference Board as their hands were SUPPOSED to be tied and its the useless FA that have let down one of its members.

Jenga

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 06:46:23 PM »

I know someone who runs a TV company - he is looking for programmes to make

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 09:16:34 PM »

We need to generate some publicity - get on to Radio 5, the newspapers etc. Keep badgering them until they pick the story up - which they will if enough people complain.

What about contacting the guy on Radio 5 that questionned Moules on the radio last year - he seemed in support of us and was pretty scathing about the deduction.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 09:30:53 PM »

On it as you type mate

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 12:22:25 AM »

I agree with the sentiments raised in this thread, however for the purposes of clarity the comparison should really be restricted to ourselves and AFC Wimbledon.

Bringing Accrington's treatment into the equation will only muddy the waters as; 1) The FA had nothing to do with the decision and 2) It was a completely different crime.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Butty

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 08:32:04 AM »

I agree with the sentiments raised in this thread, however for the purposes of clarity the comparison should really be restricted to ourselves and AFC Wimbledon.

Bringing Accrington's treatment into the equation will only muddy the waters as; 1) The FA had nothing to do with the decision and 2) It was a completely different crime.

They fielded two ineligable players. We fielded 1 ineligable player. Same thing

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 09:05:52 AM »

The person who 'chaired' the meeting with Accy was the same person who chaired our meeting.

Interesting ... Funny how he suddenly changes his views.

I have spoken to one of our directors and a letter has been sent to the FA and any reply will be shown to the fans.  There is also a good article in the programme today about the clubs feelings towards what has happened in the past week with regards to our punishment and other clubs lack of punishment.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 09:07:43 AM by gazwarrington »

Altysmiffy

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 09:11:48 AM »

3 suggestions that might get the notice of the press:

Ideally at a home match (or the high profile match at dagenham & Redbridge, where there are likely to be cameras anyway) - how about some sort of high profile & peaceful demonstration to which we invite the media.

Possibly flyers to fans at other Conference games

Large banner(s) at ours or other games

Bath Alty

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2007, 10:04:22 AM »

Agree this is madness from the FA (I am sure they have the right to interfere in the FL decision on Accy whether they made the original decision or not)

What do we want out of any protest?

1) AFC Wimbledon to suffer as we did - surely not
2) The FA toapologise and retrospectively apply the same discretion to us and change the historic record so we did not finish bottom last year - Would be nice and I can't see why they wouldn't now as Peake doesn't care anymore
3) Compensation for costs we incurred last year - I don't think we'll get these as AFCW had to appeal too, so we wouldn't have got these back if they'd got it right the first time
4) Compensation for lost prize money - do you get any for finishing 19th?
5) Compensation for the pain and suffering for the time between appeal failure and SFC getting kicked out?- not sure we'd get anything for that
6) rule change - for the good of the game (only we mean that!)
7) Highlight to the world that those running the FA are a joke and should be fired - what good would that do us?
8 ) Just vent anger and make us feel better - will just make us look bitter, in the end the points deduction didn't really matter

So I'm all for making some fuss but it should be targeted at a specific objective otherwise we won't get anything.  Personally I'd go for 2 (and 4 if there is anything to gain) from the above list - the rest are either unrealistic or just moaning and making us look bad, where as we came through the whole Robinson affair with dignity - lets not blow that away now.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 12:08:15 PM by Bath Alty »

Altysmiffy

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2007, 10:13:46 AM »

I think it is worth them reviewing No 6. It is for the good of the game if there is consistency - with no mitigating circumstances (which seem to be random).

Compensation would be nice, if not for us but for the Grays chairman, Mr Woodward

Butty

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2007, 12:26:21 PM »

i agree with altysmiffy, grays did a lot for us and we hsould thank them for what little we may have got out of it.

louise1925

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2007, 02:05:20 PM »

We should demand a proper explanation from the FA for the inconsistences at the very least - not that nonsense in the NLpaper this morning.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2007, 02:12:54 PM »

What did the NLP say (we don't get it in Scotland)?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Time to hit back at the FA ..