PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley MATCH DAY UPDATE THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Guiseley MATCH DAY UPDATE THREAD  (Read 21022 times)

JDN

Re: Guiseley MATCH DAY UPDATE THREAD
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2013, 08:49:42 PM »

Brook is gash, there something wrong when he stepping up to take a pen (unless it a bit of a joke like versus Hinckley)

We bottled it and thus must be content with a point

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2013, 09:03:43 PM »

Have to disagree about the pen being soft.  That was pen all day, every day. Ludicrous bit of keeping form a bloke who was top drawer for 89 minutes.  The ball was going out of play, away from goal but the penalty was correct.  He won't do that again for the rest of his career.  How old is he by the way?

Mid 20's I think. If its the same bloke I'm thinking of he used to be at Morecambe. (Football manager knowledge coming in handy here... :D )

Cheers mate, I knew he played against us in the Conference,but I couldn't remember who for. Class keeper, behind Stu the best in the league.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2013, 09:05:55 PM »

Have to disagree about the pen being soft.  That was pen all day, every day. Ludicrous bit of keeping form a bloke who was top drawer for 89 minutes.  The ball was going out of play, away from goal but the penalty was correct.  He won't do that again for the rest of his career.  How old is he by the way?

Mid 20's I think. If its the same bloke I'm thinking of he used to be at Morecambe. (Football manager knowledge coming in handy here... :D )

Cheers mate, I knew he played against us in the Conference,but I couldn't remember who for. Class keeper, behind Stu the best in the league.

drench is 27 according to wikipedia , looked class last night

taxi Phil

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2013, 10:37:38 PM »

The return of ADT is amusing!

Since we last spoke, there is now about 20 places between us in the league, your stalwart secretary has jacked it, your manager has fell out with your top scorer, you've all been banned from Vauxhall Motors, 15 of your young fans have been publicly flogged by your millionaire, banned for life and then he got told off by someones mum, someone had a piss in Vauxhalls social (that's in vauxhalls social, not in the toilets) and Jim Harveys family is getting some abuse.

Oh and your attendances have dropped to about 19.

Apart from that though, it's great to have you back!

Reminding us the Knobsock of the year award is due soon!
I shall be posting the poll only when the playoffs are settled. But I can only assume ADT's reappearance is a late attempt at vote catching in a season when he has a very real chance of emulating TonyB's achievement two seasons back. There are less obvious candidates this season, though I do believe there can only be one winner.....and it isn't The Tameside Troll.

arnald

« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2013, 11:10:19 PM »

who is adt ?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2013, 11:22:36 PM »

A Downright T**t
ParkINson's red and white army

arnald

« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2013, 11:34:54 PM »

A Downright T**t
  a joker then with no life

York Alty

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2013, 12:39:28 PM »

ADT is...

Hamilton

« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2013, 01:28:45 PM »

ADT is...

Absolutely Disastrous Tosser

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2013, 03:01:04 PM »

Hamilton

Tinpot Lover from LPool

« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2013, 12:07:55 AM »

Taken couple of days to post but still.......
As someone who grew up in the Pool in the 70s & 80s Alty will always hold a small piece of affection. You were THE non league team when I was growing up. Now exiled in Leeds and supporting my local team. As such always a pleasure to welcome you over and great to see so many of you especially on a cold wet Thursday night. Great rendition of Hey Jude, shame about the w&*kers chant (aren't we all wankers?! :-), I know i do from time to time).
My prediction before the game was the winner would be the team that got promoted based on us being 2nd and you being the form team.
Thought you were really well organised and played some tidy football. You were definitely the best team till we rather fortuitously took the lead. After that, we remembered how to play football and at times played really well. Ref was shocking (Your excellent and very sociable keeper agreed!) and whilst I accept that Holsgrove probably should have gone, in a brawl like that, you probably should send 1 from each side. unfortunately the Ref has history at our place - last time, he sent 2 of ours off!! so perhaps we should be grateful. Anyway you scored a fine equaliser and we held out for a draw thanks largely to our keeper, Steven Drench, who must be the best keeper in the BSN. It was a tremendous penalty triple save (something your keeper predicted - he turned to us after the award of a rather soft penalty and said dont worry we never score and afterwards said told you!!).
And most of us went home happy - a spirited performance against a quality outfit with good form.
Look forward to seeing you all again on the 1st and 5th May. Who will win - you can flip a coin - think we've gained confidence from our performance Vs you and today Chester. But who knows - you remind me of Nuneaton last year.
All the Best :)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2013, 02:43:56 AM »

Taken couple of days to post but still.......
As someone who grew up in the Pool in the 70s & 80s Alty will always hold a small piece of affection. You were THE non league team when I was growing up. Now exiled in Leeds and supporting my local team. As such always a pleasure to welcome you over and great to see so many of you especially on a cold wet Thursday night. Great rendition of Hey Jude, shame about the w&*kers chant (aren't we all wankers?! :-), I know i do from time to time).
My prediction before the game was the winner would be the team that got promoted based on us being 2nd and you being the form team.
Thought you were really well organised and played some tidy football. You were definitely the best team till we rather fortuitously took the lead. After that, we remembered how to play football and at times played really well. Ref was shocking (Your excellent and very sociable keeper agreed!) and whilst I accept that Holsgrove probably should have gone, in a brawl like that, you probably should send 1 from each side. unfortunately the Ref has history at our place - last time, he sent 2 of ours off!! so perhaps we should be grateful. Anyway you scored a fine equaliser and we held out for a draw thanks largely to our keeper, Steven Drench, who must be the best keeper in the BSN. It was a tremendous penalty triple save (something your keeper predicted - he turned to us after the award of a rather soft penalty and said dont worry we never score and afterwards said told you!!).
And most of us went home happy - a spirited performance against a quality outfit with good form.
Look forward to seeing you all again on the 1st and 5th May. Who will win - you can flip a coin - think we've gained confidence from our performance Vs you and today Chester. But who knows - you remind me of Nuneaton last year.
All the Best :)

Fair assessment,I reckon mate. Drench had a great game, the triple save from the penalty was brilliant and whilst we should have taken all 3 points I think a draw was a fair result. Couldn't tell much of what happened with the brawl as we were at the other end but it did seem a penalty from my angle and as for missing them it's becoming a real problem. I believe that's 8 we've failed to convert this year which is ridiculous and I wouldn't fancy us at all if it came down to a shootout should we reach the playoffs.
I was impressed with Guiseley when you'd settled down a bit after our early dominant spell and I can see why you're second in the table. You were very difficult to break down and were coping well with Watmore when he was on and Reeves which many teams haven't been able to do this year. If we meet in the playoffs it really could go either way and it's pretty much a lottery then anyway, especially over two legs with two form sides.

As for the "wanker" chant, I think it was aimed at one of the Guiseley players who seemed to be moaning at every decision the ref made...nothing personal!  :) ;)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:46:38 AM by GolfRoader »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley MATCH DAY UPDATE THREAD