Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Will alty ever move up into bigger leagues?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Will alty ever move up into bigger leagues?  (Read 9514 times)

fgrfan

Re: Will alty ever move up into bigger leagues?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 02:02:23 PM »

we have also signed john hardiker, ryan robinson and adriano rigoglioso from morecambe using the grass fund. it has really helped and look at how good (despite now being injured) rigoglisio has been. robinson has been outstanding and john hardiker scored two goals for us on tuesday night to beat exeter and he'a right back!!!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 02:06:31 PM »

Dea FGR fan,

I know you're being a wind-up merchant but I couldn't resist responding (i.e. "biting") last time - more fool me.  ::)

Anyway I'm off to ML now to watch a great, honest team of professional part-time players who play for a club which is bigger and better than FGR will ever be ... and has a damn sight more integrity.

Shouldn't you be popping round to your 3 sided heap to watch your shower get leathered by the Dustbins? or will you be spending the afternoon on the net (again)?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 02:07:15 PM »

you mean full time my boy, not proffesional, your backers are committed i'm sure, martin harrison was the coldseal fellas were, your manager is committed as long as his wages are being payed and he has job security.

you may be a village but within 30 miles of us we have 4 of the biggest clubs in the world over 200 non league clubs from tier 1 through to 4 and countless lower league clubs you have well you have... hell i cant really think of many bristol near you? gloscester rugby not much thats for sure. of and you currently have an average of 46 more fans than us £460 if you charge a tenner in thats not enough to pay DCB to turn up for half the training sessions you have

hear hear saughall

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 02:09:27 PM »

quick one "grass fund" is that for colin peake or something

fgrfan

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 02:15:50 PM »

i thought you would mention colin peake when i said "grass fund".

u have to understand that when u r at the new lawn it may look like a sort of manufactured side but for its full time status the club is really working together and progressing further than it has before. it is really surreal - last season we were playing at our famous old lawn ground and now we play in a gr8 ground despite the huge levels of concrete.

i'm off to the new lawn now.

i won't be sitting in front of my compiter

Altysmiffy

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 02:33:46 PM »

i'm off to the new lawn now.

What? to mow it?

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 03:38:09 PM »

In the 70s we were THE TOP non league team
Harold

Altysmiffy

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 03:39:22 PM »

Well said

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 04:20:53 PM »

Altrincham always have been fighting for survival but the big question is will Alty ever move on from the conference,with a couple of big signings i think that we could get up that table next year!

Well, i firmly belived that this season we have a much better squad than last year. i think improvements within defence would set us up for another excellent season next year. However i would like to see Altrincham continue to be run by a dedicated, well-organised and succesful board. What i dont want to see is someone coming in and making an unsustainable wage budget (aka Berman era). We still need to look at where we can improve currently, namely increasing awareness of the club, and increasing attendance. Also off the pitch to improve facilities (corporate, etc). I believe only on an average attendance of 2000 would sustain league football, even then, we dont really have the financial depth to capture "big signings". its up to the manger to see what is available, also players may want a high increase in wages to sustain any attempt of full time football. Personally, i like the current set up, and it would be a shame if the time came where the interaction between player, board, supporter reflects many football league clubs.
The main problem is that many youngsters would prefer to play for man u, city, bolton, wigan etc in their youth set up instead of trying to make it through the leagues. The current emphasis is great, blending youth and experience together.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2007, 12:13:20 PM »

BY THE WAY WE GET THE MONEY FOR THE PLAYERS IS BECAUSE WE HAVE A DEVOTED GROUP OF FANS THAT HAVE SET UP THE "GRASS" FUND.

I love that.

Are you raising enough money to pay his wages each week too? Crowds of 900, and to a larger extent this season of 1100  do not fund full time football clubs, if you think there's enough gym memberships sold to cover it the rockwool is being pulled well and truly over your eyes.

As we said last year tho, investment of the magnitude that some people have put in would disappear for good in the confS so it's no wonder Colin Peake did what he had to do. The pressure on him must've been enormous. He should have just said so, or at least included us in the emails.

p.s. Has he got onto the FA about the Accrington case for the good of the game yet? If he does so and proves that was his main concern I will take back everything I ever said about the man. p.s. you only have 47 points, it might be worth your while.

moousee

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2007, 12:32:14 PM »

oh and by the way, Altrincham average attendance 1047, FGR 977

fgrfan

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2007, 12:37:20 PM »

forest green do not average 977 u idiot. we average 1,192. at least get your facts right.

do you have a scheme where you raise money to bring in players at altrincham after some excellent work by your fans?

moousee

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2007, 01:36:35 PM »

http://www.confguide.com/clubs.do?club=fore

i got my information from there.... please dont get your joke of a club to report me to Mr Moules....

fgrfan

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2007, 01:48:41 PM »

that website is totally wrong - it marks our highest attendance as 1,957 when our highest attendance this season was 3,020 at home to oxford united - use a proper website like www.footballwebpages.co.uk that website is obviously not reliable and is giving out the wrong information

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2007, 02:20:16 PM »

they were last years attendance figures, and i think come end of the season we will have a higher average crowd. yours is being pushed up by the fact oxford came to you when you were on a run, ours is the vics game with 2300 or so. if you were to take out the oxford and vics games we have a higher average! FACT oh and lewis chalmers, pat mcfadden earlier on ian craney, we produce a good pedigree of youth players and have done for many years so suck it fool (yes yes i know very immature but then i am drunk from breakfast)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Will alty ever move up into bigger leagues?