Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Will alty ever move up into bigger leagues?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Will alty ever move up into bigger leagues?  (Read 9454 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: Will alty ever move up into bigger leagues?
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2007, 05:15:41 PM »

forest green do not average 977 u idiot. we average 1,192. at least get your facts right.

do you have a scheme where you raise money to bring in players at altrincham after some excellent work by your fans?

Look at it this way - Alty have an average of about 1,100 on a part time wage bill and will probably make a small operating profit of a few thousand pounds at best this season.  FGR have an average that is only slightly higher yet have a full time wage bill.  Even allowing for the grass fund, how is that economically sustainable in the long run, particularly in light of the small catchment area that you make great play of?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2007, 05:32:08 PM »

The more you bite, the more he'll come on here to wind you up!
I know it's hard to resist because I had a go back yesterday but we're just feeding his obsession to talk to real people instead of the "extended family" with eleven fingers and twelve toes he's used to.
Ignore him and he'll go away  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Altysmiffy

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2007, 05:34:14 PM »

Forest Green - where they say "Gimme six!"

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2007, 05:51:53 PM »

The more you bite, the more he'll come on here to wind you up!
I know it's hard to resist because I had a go back yesterday but we're just feeding his obsession to talk to real people instead of the "extended family" with eleven fingers and twelve toes he's used to.
Ignore him and he'll go away  ;)

Oh I'm not wound up by him at all.  I find it all quite hilarious because what they are doing is totally unsustainable in the long run yet they are convinced they are going onwards and upwards.  One day it'll end in tears and there will be I told you sos a plenty.  Couldn't happen to a nicer club...

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2007, 05:55:20 PM »

I'd really like to think so Bob.
It seems a very long time ago that they were referred to as "The Friendly Club on the Hill" doesn't it?  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

fgrfan

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2007, 06:07:44 PM »

i think i'm doing pretty well for a 14 year old. getting grown up people to argue with me like little children  ;)

Butty

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2007, 07:05:35 PM »

i think i'm doing pretty well for a 14 year old. getting grown up people to argue with me like little children  ;)

well bulied im 13 so shhhhh

Altyant

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2007, 08:20:55 PM »

BY THE WAY WE GET THE MONEY FOR THE PLAYERS IS BECAUSE WE HAVE A DEVOTED GROUP OF FANS THAT HAVE SET UP THE "GRASS" FUND. we raised £8000 in the january transfer window and were able to get Danny Carey Bertram. So it was the supporters that raised the money in a fantastic effort which we all gave some money to and full marks to the supporters at FGR for doing so

The grass fund.... Hmm the irony!!!

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2007, 10:06:22 PM »

we achieve bigger crowds than you and were just a village. we have backers that are fully commited to the club - trevor horsley has taken this club from being the awful decision of turning us in to stroud fc to the conference and where we are now. we have a devoted board and a devoted manager. why would huge only in it for the money backers want to get in to fgr? are you allowed in the football league if ur not professional?

I'd wager that you draw a significant amount of your support from outside Nailsworth itself, furthermore you don't have one of the biggest football clubs in the world five miles up the road instead you have those footballing giants Gloucester City.

Please don't try to compare our respective crowds as, with all respect, you know absolutely nothing about the various factors that influence the football supporting culture in our area.

BY THE WAY WE GET THE MONEY FOR THE PLAYERS IS BECAUSE WE HAVE A DEVOTED GROUP OF FANS THAT HAVE SET UP THE "GRASS" FUND. we raised £8000 in the january transfer window and were able to get Danny Carey Bertram. So it was the supporters that raised the money in a fantastic effort which we all gave some money to and full marks to the supporters at FGR for doing so

You raised money for a couple of players, good for you. That does not mean, as you seem to be suggesting that contributions from fans sustain full-time football.

As you and I know it's Trevor Horsley's rather deep pockets that do that.

Really?

A retarded amoeba could post a load of poorly argued nonsense and elicit responses telling them that they are posting poorly argued nonsense.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 10:29:13 PM by Jimmy Hill »
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

fgrfan

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2007, 10:22:12 PM »

i'm gonna leave now but just to answer the original question:

will alty ever move  up into bigger leagues?

the answer is...... no

Altysmiffy

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2007, 10:34:10 PM »

I think we can safely say Alty have a significantly better chance than FGR

Jezza

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2007, 02:57:12 PM »

I'm gonna bite.

We heard all this when Radcliffe Boro made the dizzy heights of being in the same league as the mighty Alty...we were told by Alfreton's sugar daddy Wayne Bradley we were Dinosaurs and we were on the way down and they were heading for the football league....Droylsden's money man Mr Pace is still trying to emulate Alty's success after telling us to get used to being below Droylsden in the league....yet the cream of Alty has always risen above while the sh*tty dregs float around below us and normally get flushed down the toilet at some stage.

For a fan of a club who gets the same crowds as us at the height of their achievement, who has a great manager of a full time squad of players who are struggling just as much as our part timers to tell us to go full time does not need a witty retort or facts thrown back to kill his argument....fgrfan needs no help from us to look stupid.

I'd enjoy the ride on your Massive gates fgrfan while it lasts...the "I cannot fund this club anymore" statement always comes sooner or later...'committed boards' have always, always done the dirty on their teams sooner or later...we should know, we've had at least 3 millionairres wander away from us when we least expected it.

FGR are the absolute Oxford dictionary defintion of a tin pot two bob village pub team living way way way beyond it's means and the really funny thing is.....they've never got above about 6th from bottom.....where's your history big boy?

Full time?...what a waste of money (especially including the fans appropriatly named 'Grass' fund)...why not just burn £20 notes or go and pay your favourite players mortgage?..coz that's what your fabulous scheme is doing.

Fans raising money for their club?...now why on earth didn't we think of that?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Will alty ever move up into bigger leagues?