Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You may think I'm an old fuddy duddy but....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: You may think I'm an old fuddy duddy but....  (Read 13466 times)

York Alty

Re: You may think I'm an old fuddy duddy but....
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 06:09:14 PM »

I don't think we should go overboard on this.  It happened, nobody hurt.  Perhaps the club should restate the policy in the next match programme (hopefully on the 12th of May).

bumble

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 06:12:58 PM »

I cant believe we're argueing over this tbh.

It happened. It wont be happening again for a long time (unless the playoff final goes on till 8pm due to us and Halifax being awful at penalties.)

Bogman, the lad got chucked out, he may or may not be banned for future games.... it being on the ground regulations means plenty of people who use them face conqsequences such as the lad who got a custodial sentence.

We won the first ever PO game at moss lane 2-1 with a wonder strike. The atmosphere was amazing (far better than burton).

Shall we talk about Moult's goal and the way the lads rallied around?

JDN

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 06:13:13 PM »

Yes this thread boring

We have lots of other things to talk about at this exciting time

markecky

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 06:28:58 PM »

Indeed, I've got to be honest I didn't think we'd manage to do a negative thread today.

Move on now

robins1978

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 07:11:33 PM »

I don't think we should go overboard on this.  It happened, nobody hurt.  Perhaps the club should restate the policy in the next match programme (hopefully on the 12th of May).
The Conference produce the programme for the final.
I dont see this as a negative thread as nothing could take the shine of a great - NO FANTASTIC night we had at Moss Lane last night.
It Happened - It shouldnt have - but it did. Lets move on to saturday.
Most of last night (i thought flare was a bad idea too) was another example of why so many of us love our club so much and do what we do to make it the awesome club it is.
Should be a cracker on Saturday. Cant wait.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 08:02:36 PM »

Yes is what I have been told and as his picture is all over Facebook I think everyone knows what he looks like now.
@AltyDaz

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 08:31:17 PM »

I used to wear flares, a tank top and long sideburns when I first started watching Alty and nobody made this kind of fuss  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 08:40:48 PM »

Let's just be clear... the suggestions on here that repeating this could ever be acceptable are wrong... you can't have rules which are OK to waive just because it is a big game..

Yes, last night's result was brilliant but celebrating dangerous behaviour condones it... Chucking the offender out was right, my point about "getting toothpaste back in the tube" aimed to highlight the fact that once it is lit that it is even more dangerous to try and stop it in a crowded place whereas stewards can intervene on almost all other problems..

Had the same thing happened in the Main Stand we could have had another Bradford, but I guess that many of those on here do not remember that disaster.

I've had my say and yes, it is time to look forward to Saturday.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 09:08:32 PM »

I just watched that bradford tragedy fire video again on you tube made me want to cry I remember seeing it unfold on tv so so tragic rip
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:10:14 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 09:27:57 PM »

I just watched that bradford tragedy fire video again on you tube made me want to cry I remember seeing it unfold on tv so so tragic rip

Exactly what I thought of when I saw the smoke curling under the lip of stand and out into the air.

It was a tad eyre. Most of the people were suffocated or melted in their seats.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

bighairedmike

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 09:34:00 PM »

Let's just be clear... the suggestions on here that repeating this could ever be acceptable are wrong... you can't have rules which are OK to waive just because it is a big game..

Yes, last night's result was brilliant but celebrating dangerous behaviour condones it... Chucking the offender out was right, my point about "getting toothpaste back in the tube" aimed to highlight the fact that once it is lit that it is even more dangerous to try and stop it in a crowded place whereas stewards can intervene on almost all other problems..

Had the same thing happened in the Main Stand we could have had another Bradford, but I guess that many of those on here do not remember that disaster.

I've had my say and yes, it is time to look forward to Saturday.

Well quite, but it WASNT done in the main stand, probably for the reason that the reception it would have had there would not be like it was on the pop side and, more to the fact, it would have burnt the thing down. I dont remember the Bradford fire as I wasn't even born when it happened but it doesn't stop me from knowing about it. The same goes for many on here.

The fact of the matter is that it was in the pop side, the lad holding it was holding it aloft, not waving it around or brandishing it in peoples faces. Surprised as you may be by this, flares come with instructions and not everyone that buys them are lunatics or hooligans. I personally think this has been overhyped and an element of scaremongering is going on by people that didn't like it. For me people use the "danger" element to shout down people that want to have a but of fun because they associate flares with hooligans. Its like giving matches to kids. The educated ones know how to use then safely and in a controlled way. As long as you can control their usage then its fine.

This was used in a controlled manner and for me there was no problem and its been blown massively out of proportion.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2013, 09:56:30 PM »

I have seen a few away fans at moss lane with flares over the years, were they ejected too?

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 10:00:48 PM »

I despair, I really do.

Jenga

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013, 10:01:33 PM »

Yawn.

I heard there was an epic game of football last night with a 92 minute screamer from Jake Moult. 2-1 in the first leg bring on Saturday.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You may think I'm an old fuddy duddy but....