Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You may think I'm an old fuddy duddy but....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: You may think I'm an old fuddy duddy but....  (Read 13311 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: You may think I'm an old fuddy duddy but....
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 10:05:44 PM »

Yawn.

I heard there was an epic game of football last night with a 92 minute screamer from Jake Moult. 2-1 in the first leg bring on Saturday.
will you be supplying complimentary chilled lager and light savouries. ?
ParkINson's red and white army

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 10:10:01 PM »

Let's just be clear... the suggestions on here that repeating this could ever be acceptable are wrong... you can't have rules which are OK to waive just because it is a big game..

Yes, last night's result was brilliant but celebrating dangerous behaviour condones it... Chucking the offender out was right, my point about "getting toothpaste back in the tube" aimed to highlight the fact that once it is lit that it is even more dangerous to try and stop it in a crowded place whereas stewards can intervene on almost all other problems..

Had the same thing happened in the Main Stand we could have had another Bradford, but I guess that many of those on here do not remember that disaster.

I've had my say and yes, it is time to look forward to Saturday.

Well quite, but it WASNT done in the main stand, probably for the reason that the reception it would have had there would not be like it was on the pop side and, more to the fact, it would have burnt the thing down. I dont remember the Bradford fire as I wasn't even born when it happened but it doesn't stop me from knowing about it. The same goes for many on here.

The fact of the matter is that it was in the pop side, the lad holding it was holding it aloft, not waving it around or brandishing it in peoples faces. Surprised as you may be by this, flares come with instructions and not everyone that buys them are lunatics or hooligans. I personally think this has been overhyped and an element of scaremongering is going on by people that didn't like it. For me people use the "danger" element to shout down people that want to have a but of fun because they associate flares with hooligans. Its like giving matches to kids. The educated ones know how to use then safely and in a controlled way. As long as you can control their usage then its fine.

This was used in a controlled manner and for me there was no problem and its been blown massively out of proportion.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it and I hope it becomes part of another Alty legend.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

PeterJ

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 10:25:38 PM »

sounds like you didnt even go? thanks for being offended on behalf of all those who couldn't be there tonight. imagine if it had been in the bar, imagine if it had been in the club shop, imagine if it was done in the toilets.

it wasn't.

someone let off a flare, stewards did there job and ejected him

andrewflynn

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2013, 09:23:19 AM »

The fact of the matter is that it was in the pop side, the lad holding it was holding it aloft, not waving it around or brandishing it in peoples faces. Surprised as you may be by this, flares come with instructions and not everyone that buys them are lunatics or hooligans. I personally think this has been overhyped and an element of scaremongering is going on by people that didn't like it. For me people use the "danger" element to shout down people that want to have a but of fun because they associate flares with hooligans. Its like giving matches to kids. The educated ones know how to use then safely and in a controlled way. As long as you can control their usage then its fine.

This was used in a controlled manner and for me there was no problem and its been blown massively out of proportion.

I think this is spot on, mate.

Honestly... If it was known how much it would overshadow such a good game then I don't think it would have even been arranged in the first place.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on what is undeniably a dangerous item.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2013, 09:59:05 AM »

Lets get some perspective in this.

I would rather stand next to a bloke with flare once in every blue moon, rather than some pissed up pain in the arse,

We should be celebrating a great game played in front of a great crowd with a great goal scored by Alty at the death.

OK, the flare shouldnt have been there, it was, it didnt harm anybody and its gone now

Get over it ffs

markecky

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2013, 10:04:14 AM »

We need to do the forum perspective thing again. 1500 + alty fans there, only 20 post on here, most thought it was a bit risky but looked class.

A couple of people have complained, I'm sure a few more did at the match but I have spoke to 50 who thought (as a one off) it looked amazing.

I think a look at my friends facebook pictures would back that up.

Jezza

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2013, 10:52:37 AM »

The flare has now become legend and will live in history as an iconic moment.

The organisers of it came on here to say it was a one off and they had no plans to repeat it. It seemed to have been lit and held in a very controlled way, I was about 6 feet away from it and felt totally comfortable.....I am sure the lads would not have even considered lighting it in the wooden main stand.

As a one off it was superb and fitting on a memorable night....I have not seen anyone suggesting it was done again...I would not want it to become regular as it would become tedious, ultra-ish and a bit like playing music after scoring.

It is and has been made clear flares are banned at Moss Lane....not seen anyone suggesting this should be changed.

I am sure Bogman has never broken speeding rules to get home or to work on time, the consequences of which could be extremely servere with severed heads and wounded babies?

God I'm so excited about Saturday now!....and beyond!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2013, 04:34:27 PM »

I sincerely hope that there won't be any retrospective punishments handed out to those of us in the Main Stand on Tuesday evening who got a trifle carried away when Jake Moult scored; removed our cravats and then waved them around in a jaunty manner in a moment of unbridled celebration?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

bighairedmike

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2013, 04:47:50 PM »

I sincerely hope that there won't be any retrospective punishments handed out to those of us in the Main Stand on Tuesday evening who got a trifle carried away when Jake Moult scored; removed our cravats and then waved them around in a jaunty manner in a moment of unbridled celebration?

I've just got an image of VofD in my head now going stark raving bonkers and yelling "NOT RUBBISH!" over and over again. :D

VofD

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2013, 04:52:28 PM »

I've just got an image of VofD in my head now going stark raving bonkers and yelling "NOT RUBBISH!" over and over again. :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

thegazelle

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2013, 08:03:50 PM »

you should be banned for wearing cravats or is that just a posh word for scarf

Hamilton

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2013, 10:45:11 PM »

Reminds me of the race between two items of neckwear - it was a tie!

VofD

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2013, 10:51:46 PM »

FFS  Get knotted. :) :)

Hamilton

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2013, 11:14:01 PM »

FFS  Get knotted. :) :)
LOL  :D

altyherealtythere

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2013, 09:01:32 AM »

those photos of the flare just look better and better whenever i see them. was a great idea.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 You may think I'm an old fuddy duddy but....