PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Liam brownhill
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Liam brownhill  (Read 14056 times)

Robins Retweet

Re: Liam brownhill
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2013, 07:09:51 PM »

Why? How many times was Matt doughty exposed last year?? And his attacking overlapping give us another string to our attacking bow, why wouldn't he get in your first X1
this is about solid back up on the left, as clee seemed to get a few more knocks than normal last season and matt isnt getting any younger, if im honest i would say we are weakest there and get beaten for pace against the better sides yet going forward against sides like hinkley they look great

Robins Retweet

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2013, 07:15:07 PM »

Football is about opinions and in mine I didn't notice us lose and more goals down our left than right I may be wrong
i saw big problems in the away leg against brackley on this side and i believe we can improve from it, good back up is needed

bighairedmike

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2013, 07:37:30 PM »

Why? How many times was Matt doughty exposed last year?? And his attacking overlapping give us another string to our attacking bow, why wouldn't he get in your first X1
this is about solid back up on the left, as clee seemed to get a few more knocks than normal last season and matt isnt getting any younger, if im honest i would say we are weakest there and get beaten for pace against the better sides yet going forward against sides like hinkley they look great

Nonsense argument Jacko. You're making him out to be a semi decent left back at the bottom of the Conf North. The football played last year was some of the best I've ever seen us play and the build up to the final goal at home to halifax last year involving glee, reeves and doughty was one of my favourite memories of last season.

Football is about opinions and in mine I didn't notice us lose and more goals down our left than right I may be wrong
i saw big problems in the away leg against brackley on this side and i believe we can improve from it, good back up is needed

It wasn't just down the left that we had problems against Brackley. If anything, due to not having a player that would stick to the right hand side, players got drawn across and then balls were pinged across the pitch to expose where players had moved from. The left side is the least of our worries right now.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2013, 07:58:06 PM »

Nonsense argument Jacko. You're making him out to be a semi decent left back at the bottom of the Conf North. The football played last year was some of the best I've ever seen us play and the build up to the final goal at home to halifax last year involving glee, reeves and doughty was one of my favourite memories of last season.

It wasn't just down the left that we had problems against Brackley. If anything, due to not having a player that would stick to the right hand side, players got drawn across and then balls were pinged across the pitch to expose where players had moved from. The left side is the least of our worries right now.
the fact that players were getting drawn accross and outpaced should tell u something, enjoy your good football against sh*te, i would rather have a more balanced side

bighairedmike

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2013, 08:04:22 PM »

Halifax are sh*te?

Jimmy

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2013, 08:09:42 PM »

As we have brought in Williams haven't they got the left sided cover anyway the odds are he will be the left back if that's the correct choice that remains to be seen

scousr alty

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2013, 01:48:42 AM »

Could i just remind everyone this the lad from ALTY signed for Droylesden instead for an extra £50 a week?? Also i know fact he got bined from Bangor and was trying to get back to us,also this same lad was playing sunday league for Navigation Bay and believe me im old and he was not that good not good enough to play for my red and white heroes!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2013, 08:07:26 AM »

We know what he is. It's just Jacko being star struck for some bizarre reason.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2013, 06:09:23 PM »

We know what he is. It's just Jacko being star struck for some bizarre reason.
of course ballers whatever you say....

A player expressed his interest in coming to alty in the off season, he went somewhere else...life goes on
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 06:19:51 PM by Are we human ...or are we densmore »

joe

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2013, 06:32:15 PM »

I expressed an interest in goin to Alty in the off season,Im still without a club.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2013, 06:56:07 PM »

I expressed an interest in goin to Alty in the off season,Im still without a club.
ive heard lady barn are on the look out for a keeper joe ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Liam brownhill