Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tony Sanders, John Rogers, John King, Jeff Johnson & Graham Heathcote 2013 style

Author Topic: Tony Sanders, John Rogers, John King, Jeff Johnson & Graham Heathcote 2013 style  (Read 3655 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Photograph taken at the Tony Sanders Tribute Event held at Moss Lane on Thursday, 16th May 2013.

Image kindly supplied by Nic Seller (alias Bogman of Moss Lane).

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Fantastic photo. Great to see we do not forget our proud history and the legends who helped shape it.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Tony's wearing well isn't he? I wouldn't fancy spilling Kingy's pint though  ;D
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Hamilton

That look on his face, I think someone just has!

York Alty

It'd be an honour and a pleasure to buy the legend another.

Hamilton

It'd be an honour and a pleasure to buy the legend another.

Well said.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Here's another photograph from the event, comprising 'The Famous Five' plus the back of Niall Flynn's head:

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

'Good hair day' son ;D

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile

There's a good picture of Kingy looking appropriately scary during his Wigan days in the latest edition of Backpass magazine

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

It was such a pleasure to be back amongst these guys. Kingy looked after Kenny Palin in the bar before hand, such a kind man, totally different to the hard man skipper on the pitch... I'm proud to call them all friends, more so than heros, as back then AFC was a family from top to me at the bottom... The Bogman label comes from one summer when I replastered and repainted all the outdoor unrinals at ML... the others bought me a T shirt.. "Bogman of Moss Lane".. so there you have it, now I'm getting back to my bottle of lovely Cahors Malbec. hic hic.

Tony brought his grandson to the event, David's son. Pre match a few of us used to keep an eye on him over a beer and Hamlet cigar in The Moss as he wasn't allowed in the dressing room! Then back to the Moss afterwards to do the quiz in the Football Pink as soon as it arrived!

Even Sid the landlord was a god guy... best hot steak sandwiches in the North West!

Nite all!

Hamilton

It was such a pleasure to be back amongst these guys. Kingy looked after Kenny Palin in the bar before hand, such a kind man, totally different to the hard man skipper on the pitch... I'm proud to call them all friends, more so than heros, as back then AFC was a family from top to me at the bottom... The Bogman label comes from one summer when I replastered and repainted all the outdoor unrinals at ML... the others bought me a T shirt.. "Bogman of Moss Lane".. so there you have it, now I'm getting back to my bottle of lovely Cahors Malbec. hic hic.

Tony brought his grandson to the event, David's son. Pre match a few of us used to keep an eye on him over a beer and Hamlet cigar in The Moss as he wasn't allowed in the dressing room! Then back to the Moss afterwards to do the quiz in the Football Pink as soon as it arrived!

Even Sid the landlord was a god guy... best hot steak sandwiches in the North West!

Nite all!

Lovely stuff on so many levels and so typically Alty.

thegazelle

"Even Sid the landlord was a god guy... best hot steak sandwiches in the North West!"

The bar man Pete from 78 to 79 was a good guy as well and if i recall correctly he was abley assisted by a young cornerflag

Beware the dark Mild !!!!!

i know we have discussed the steak sandwiches loads but they were brilliant canadienne minute steaks gently sauted in the frying pan that was never washed with onions served on a barm from the bakers by the ground.

My favourite Sid quote and you have to picture him with his cardigan on, hands in pockets, park drive in side of the mouth" right pete  i am going to teach you something that (cough splutter) they wont teach you at that fancy (cough splutter) catering college. (cough splutter- pause - take drag of fag)  remember this it will serve you well (cough splutter pause take drag of fag another pause ) TITS SELL BEER "
very wise man that Sid god rest his soul

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tony Sanders, John Rogers, John King, Jeff Johnson & Graham Heathcote 2013 style