PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 RIP Keith Davey
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: RIP Keith Davey  (Read 20480 times)

T.A

RIP Keith Davey
« on: June 12, 2013, 06:57:30 PM »

Really cant believe the news... Not many people will ever dedicate time to the club the way he did. RIP

bumble

Re: RIP Keith Davey
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 07:02:35 PM »

Absolutely devastated.

One of the nicest bloke Ive had the fortune to meet.

Mount Street Alty

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 07:03:17 PM »

He knew wayne more than me but I knew he was a top man. RIP

Jimmy

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 07:07:44 PM »

Top man very sad news

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 07:16:23 PM »

I can't believe the news won't get to see another season at Alty in shock really

My memories of Keith ( I know others will have a lot earlier ones than me) was of him serving me hot vimto at the old snack hut which is now the family stand

A lovely man totally dedicated to the club and was always smiling and never seemed unhappy

Worked tirelessly for this club and I will miss saying hello to him and chatting and his friendly service in the snack bar

Can't believe you were only saying at Brackley how you were looking past the disappointment and to next season

Rest in peace I hope it's red and white up there

image search
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:25:07 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 07:22:04 PM »

terrible news....very sad...thoroughly nice bloke, a tireless helper to the club a big loss.....my condolensces to his family

ScoreDaws

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 07:23:38 PM »

What a great man Keith was. Totally dedicated to Altrincham FC and the local community including Altrincham Festival amongst numerous others. He will be sadly missed and Moss Lane won't be the same without him around now, condolences to his family and friends and Dawn in the snack bar.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 07:27:14 PM »

Utterly devastated by this. We should use this thread to tell stories of him and his service to our club.

I will post later when off my phone, just so sad at this news.

roytonmike

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 07:30:24 PM »

Dreadful, shocking, sad news. Such a good bloke, Alty through and through ... I can't really take this in at this point. May he rest in peace and his family be comforted.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 07:32:17 PM »

Terrible shock this, completely unexpected, a lovely guy and a wonderful supporter and volunteer for the club for so many years.

I was only chatting to him the other day and arranging to meet him to discuss the catering facilities.

RIP Keith.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 07:33:20 PM »

Awfully sad news

Keith was a real Club man, Alty to the core

He will be really missed

thegazelle

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 07:38:16 PM »

many many memories and a few late nights with no memories  keith was a an alty fc man through and through

keith may you rest in Pies

george

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 07:39:59 PM »

Keith R.I.P.  iT WILL HIT ME EVERY HOME MATCH, WHEN HE WOULD PICK ME UP @ 9.00 a.m. So I could open up & we could both go about our jobs, preparing for the match. A vital cog has dropped out of the machine @ Moss Lane. GONE BUT NEVER TO BE FORGOTTEN.

bumble

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 07:50:52 PM »

Keith was one of the first people I met when I started using TASC coaches.

Ill never forget when I finally saw Altrincham win away in the league, Sat at the front wit and y was him tim and Mr Steve Murray going to Abbey Hay and Keoth convincing our Steve we were off to Rhyl (Mr Murray had had one too many light bevarages that day)

I think what sums up Keith is the conversation ive just had with Mark in that he used to take the of Ecky to games when he was 14, and even tbis season drove to Mossley and Skelmsdale

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 07:55:38 PM »

I remember having lunch with my dad in 1977 - who knew Keith well - in Ware's Creamery in Hale.  Keith walked in - and I tried to enlist his help to convince my dad to allow me to go to the match at Scarborough that evening.  I was only 15 so this was not a trivial ask.  It was all going swimmingly until keith suggested the coach would not get back to Moss Lane until 1am.

No amount of cajoling would convince my dad to let me go after that.  We won 1-0 with jeff johnson scoring in the 86th minute.  Keith told me the following Saturday what a good match it had been.  The following year I went on the coach to a midweek match at Scarborough (we won 2-1 coming back from 1-0 down with 10 men after Barry Howard was unjustly sent off) and we got back way before midnight.

All of us will have these kinds of day to day memories of Keith - you put them together and get a devoted servant of the club, widely and deeply liked - and will be badly missed by all of us
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 RIP Keith Davey