PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 RIP Keith Davey
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: RIP Keith Davey  (Read 20484 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Keith Davey
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 07:56:25 PM »

A wonderful club man, the sort that are going and never to be replaced with the passing generations. Like so many others I've Known Keith a long time, and matchdays,infact moss lane itself will not be the same without him. So many years of unsung but very vital work on behalf of the club in roles to numerous to list fully, from kit man to doorman to catering manager to work party organiser. May you rest in peace Keith.

Hamilton

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 07:59:11 PM »

Shocked. One of the great foundation stones of Moss Lane has passed away.

Me deepest sympathies to his family and many friends.

groundsman

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »

Only just found out about Keith what he didnt know about this club and the drains under my pitch and the storys he told me about how " Jack used to do things " was talking about him at the club today how it was odd he hadnt been around this week and now im shocked !! cant believe it a special commited man who gave all his time voluntary to the club he loved will miss chatting to you down there now mate RIP you will be missed xx

joe

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 08:14:37 PM »

RIP Keith

An absolutely top bloke and I was genuinely upset when I found out he had passed away today.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 08:21:26 PM »

This is a shock, very very sad and a big loss to Altrincham FC.
I remember Keith from the 1970's and always found him to be a quiet, pleasant and very nice man.
He was definately an unsung hero over many decades at Alty.
God Bless Keith R.I.P.

sweetfa

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 08:28:46 PM »

Very sad. Always got my half time tea from the away end and Keith was invariably there to serve it with courtesy and good customer service. Top guy and will be missed.

York Alty

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 08:29:43 PM »

Another member of the Alty family gone before his time.

Sad news.

Condolences to all.

ForeverAlty

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 08:31:46 PM »

Impossible to find the words to express how upset I am about this, I spoke to him for a long time before every game and he has always been so kind. You would never have found him without a smile, always happy even though he didn't stop working at the club.

markecky

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2013, 08:37:59 PM »

I feel so so sad that Keith has gone,

When I was a youngster and painted the ground in my six weeks holidays aged 10 or so he would always be there, helping and making drinks for everyone.  In fact, Keith was always there whenever I went in the the club from those days to sorting the coaches.  

When I was a bit older he'd give me a lift to Bill's (The Flying Scotsmans) house with Derek, Jack Rodgers ( or Brian Newhall if one couldn't make it) in his blue metro van.  Always smiling and positive on the way although not always on the way home but he'd certainly have a moan if the players hadn't performed and he'd let them know as well if he saw them.  However there was always the next game to put it right.

As Wayne said, I remember him serving from the original tea bar in the stand where the family stand is now.  He always seemed really high up...maybe I was just smaller then.

Some people outside of our club would never understand why someone would do what Keith did.  Hours and hours of his own time, his petrol, unsociable hours, cleaning the ground, going to the cash and carry, cooking the food, serving the food and probably loads of other stuff I never even saw.

We are blessed at our club to have few like him, these people are irreplaceable.  Gold dust.  They are the real club legends, part of the foundations of the club.  The fabric of the place.

I'd always make sure Keith got his seat at the front of the coach or on the front of the minibus as he said he felt a bit sick anywhere else. For me it was a respect thing, you respect people like Keith Davey for all that they do.

He'd always have a story of Swindells or an old player he never seemed to run out of them.

I can't believe he won't be around.

God bless you Keith.  A true gent, a grafter, a genuinley funny man and someone to look up to as a selfless individual x

anglo alty

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 08:41:13 PM »

Clubmen like him are few and far between RIP

Midlands Alty

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 08:47:37 PM »

Absolutely stunned to hear this sad news, and can't believe that I will not see Keith at Alty again.
I have had the pleasure of knowing Keith for nearly 40 years and he has been part of the fabric at our club since I first started watching.
I hope he is catching up with all the other Alty fans up there, including my dad who knew Keith well.
RIP Keith - you will be sorely missed.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 09:01:33 PM »

Very sad. I think Ecky has summed up what I feel. I don't really know how to put it. As a ballboy at the Chequers end Keith was always there serving us vimto (or a cup of tea to take to Jeff Wealands to drink in between stretches/saves/sit ups/press ups etc).

A lovely, lovely man, Alty to the core.

Re-united with a big mate of his from years back, Martyn Tomlinson. I don't know what heaven is like but I know the catering is sorted!

RIP Keith, we'll miss you terribly.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2013, 09:08:55 PM »

Shock!! Only called in last Thursday and spent a good hour chatting about teams of "yester year", Mr Swindles generally coming up in the conversation. One Magnificent Gentleman!!!  RIP Keith.

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2013, 09:09:15 PM »

R I P KEITH, Had known Keith for 35 years,what a true gent,will be greatly missed,by every one.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2013, 09:11:07 PM »

Can't say anything else that hasn't been said. Feels like you've lost someone of great importance,and he was. RIP Keith
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 RIP Keith Davey