PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 RIP Keith Davey
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: RIP Keith Davey  (Read 20468 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Keith Davey
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2013, 09:28:24 AM »

Very sad to hear the news of the sudden death of Keith
RIP Fella

Ray & Jill

Cornish Alty

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2013, 10:02:58 AM »

Very sad to hear this news.
I found his kindness and dedication nothing short of inspirational. 
I remember having a few too many on a match day, followed by a few more in the Bridge. Keith insisted on walking me home, as he was worried I might stumble into oncoming traffic.
A truly wonderful person. I don't know what else to say. 

Foz

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »

I'm also very upset to hear the sad news about Keith.

Over the years, whilst I have been helping at the club, I have grown to have a genuine respect for Keith. He was always kind, and friendly to me, and you always felt he was genuinely pleased to see you.

Keith spent many hours at the club, not just doing all the preparation for the catering that he so expertly ran for the club, but also assisting doing less glamorous jobs like ground maintenance with the chairman, and our other helpers. I remember well a couple of years ago him spending many hours trying to ensure that the toilets at the away end worked after a particularly cold spell, so that we could get the home game over Christmas V Wrexham on.

He didn't tend to tell people this, but not only did Keith work so hard for the club, but he also used to spend his Christmases working at the homeless centre ensuring that the homeless would get a decent meal.

He is someone that I am sure all of the staff, volunteers and many of the fans of the club will all call a friend, and I am sure he will be missed by so many!

Thanks for everything Keith!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2013, 10:52:53 AM »

RIP

Such a shame the type of people like Keith will never be and can't be replaced

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2013, 11:22:39 AM »

Very sad news, RIP Keith. Condolences to family and friends.

As others have said a true Alty legend.

Iateallthepies

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2013, 12:23:09 PM »

Sad news indeed. When i started supporting Altrincham and using the coaches last season, Keith
made me feel welcome. His knowledge and passion of the club was phenomenal. Sad to think that
next season we wont see keith sitting at the front of the coach.
Thoughts and prayers to his family.
will always think of him with respect and fondness.

Altyroo

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2013, 12:32:53 PM »

very sad news to hear that Keith is no longer with us. It was a privilege to have known him and will be sadley missed by a lot of people in and around Alty, not just at the club. Im sure the club will have some sort of fitting tribute for a man who dedicated his life to such a great club. R.I.P Keith.

dawno

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2013, 02:07:01 PM »

Still in shock.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

TJ

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2013, 02:51:42 PM »

I am totally devastated at this loss!

I would go and visit Keith in his home as often as I physically could, because he lived less than 30 seconds away from my house!

We would sit for hours, sometimes untill the early hours of the morning, just chatting, watching TV and having a good old laugh! Discussing how my team (Coventry) were doing in the league, and constantly chatting/reminiscing about Alty FC and the great times we have spent there.

I will never forget how kind he has been to me since I met him for the first time when I first came to Moss Lane, and I have never been able to thank him enough for the things he has done for me over that time. He has been a pure inspiration in my life and a very true friend...It just won't be the same having him around anymore to give me my usual sausage butty and a brew when I came to matches straight from College.

One of my favourite memories would be when Keith had his first stewarding experience with me at Stockport County fc, (although he didn't plan to) And I will never forget them offering to pay him, and he refused the money because he wanted to do it purely to help them out, something which he has done for others for a very long time! a definite sign that he had  heart of Gold!

He has been like my Mentor, constantly giving me life advice, and he was one of the first people I told about my vocation to the priesthood, which he has always supported me with, and he was always the pillar that I could lean on when I had any problems I needed to talk about.

R.I.P Keith, I am constantly praying for you, but I know you're in heaven, there's no other place you could possibly be! Thank you for all the memories, you will constantly remain a true friend, and I will never forget you for as long as I live!!
Missing you like mad!
TJ <3

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2013, 03:05:19 PM »

This is still a shock, condolences to his friends and family.
I have known Keith since he was the chef in our workplace in Broadheath in the late 80s. He certainly cooked the best chicken curry I have ever eaten.
It was also a pleasure to be able to talk to someone at work who knew so much about Alty and could tell me so much about its history.
 RIP Keith.

robins1978

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2013, 04:59:27 PM »

Like others genuinely shocked to hear the sad news of Keiths passing. You dont come across many people like Keith in your lifetime. He was one in a million - a true gent. Thoughts are with his family and im sure he will get the send off he so richly deserves. Rest peacefully up there mate - goodnight xx.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2013, 08:14:24 PM »

Will be missed.
Enjoyed the away trips with
Keith, Noel, and Dennis.
RIP M8.

WiganAlty

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2013, 09:03:45 PM »

Shocked to hear the news about Keith - he has always been a permanent feature of the ground ever since I can remember. My condolences to his family and friends.

RocketDan

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2013, 11:25:14 PM »

Did not know him personally but you could see his genuine love for the club.

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this or if the board have any plans, but how about renaming the "club man of the year" trophy in his honour?

T.A

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2013, 12:48:29 AM »

Did not know him personally but you could see his genuine love for the club.

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this or if the board have any plans, but how about renaming the "club man of the year" trophy in his honour?
Fully in favour of this
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 RIP Keith Davey