PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty website revamp
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Alty website revamp  (Read 23473 times)

Hamilton

Alty website revamp
« on: June 19, 2013, 11:19:32 PM »

Looks very very impressive. Easy to use and very clear. Smashing job done by all involved.

RedWhiteRedWhite

Re: Alty website revamp
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 08:11:43 AM »

Couldnt agree more...excellent work.

On your next stage of development...could you consider removing the pop-up element? (And just navigate the site using the one browser window?)

Not a negative point i'd stress...just a suggestion regarding user experience.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 08:15:54 AM »

Looks good , just one suggestion , on the admission prices ,can we not make it clearer about the age the senior Concessionary prices start , and that students get a reduction to .

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 08:32:28 AM »

On your next stage of development...could you consider removing the pop-up element? (And just navigate the site using the one browser window?)

Agree. Having a fixed menu bar at the top should negate the need to have new windows/tabs opening for every link clicked.

joe

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 08:49:01 AM »

Im not a fan tbh. Having no computer at home I use my phone and its not the easiest to use.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 09:23:28 AM »

Agree. Having a fixed menu bar at the top should negate the need to have new windows/tabs opening for every link clicked.

Again I agree, keep it to 1 tab/window.
On first looking a very impressive site, congrats to all concerned.
 Not tried the site on my phone yet though.
I'll be going for the full news as my saved page, but can see the usefullness of the highlights page for those who just want a quick update.

Mount Street Alty

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 10:58:43 AM »

Its bloody awful

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 11:51:16 AM »

shocking waste of time and money. Bring back the old website or i will get the Chinese to hack it and bring down Alty FC with it.

Good job guys, looks very nice and clean.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 12:17:28 PM »

I like it. A lot of people in non-league regard JL's site one of the best, but it lacked in appearance as looking like being stuck in the 90's. This change could lead to John getting the national recogition that is deserved.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 12:21:34 PM »

Im not a fan tbh. Having no computer at home I use my phone and its not the easiest to use.
I'm not the only one to have this issue then. I love our site, the content is the best in non-league, however technology has advanced far further than even this new design takes into account.

<geek talk>Also a problem we may have soon with this design is the nature of the code. A lot of the content uses old tags, such as <font color="red"> which is deprecated in html 4.01 a version of html which is 4th generation away from the current standards. we could end up loosing alot of functionality from the site within a few browser updates http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_font_color.asp.</geek talk>

Hamilton

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 12:34:45 PM »

I'm not the only one to have this issue then. I love our site, the content is the best in non-league, however technology has advanced far further than even this new design takes into account.

<geek talk>Also a problem we may have soon with this design is the nature of the code. A lot of the content uses old tags, such as <font color="red"> which is deprecated in html 4.01 a version of html which is 4th generation away from the current standards. we could end up loosing alot of functionality from the site within a few browser updates http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_font_color.asp.</geek talk>

Nope! Don't understand a word of it!

One question: when will the shop be up & running?

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 01:32:56 PM »

Sorry to be negative but design of community hall is poor and looks cheap and the site has go backwards, too much going on and where is alty tv? The most important icon!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 01:43:28 PM »

I prefer this new layout to the old one. More concise and the new icons are good. I'm pleased that it seems more commercially minded too.

That said I agree about the pop ups and it doesn't work as well on my phone. But a positive move on the whole.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 02:46:00 PM »

Nope! Don't understand a word of it!

One question: when will the shop be up & running?

I don't know about that, I'm only working on the radio robins side of things I'm afraid. You will have to ask alty snapper about the shop!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 02:48:29 PM »

ALTY TV is ICON under alty fans.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty website revamp