PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 congratulations
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: congratulations  (Read 5029 times)

Barry Howard was my Hero

congratulations
« on: August 24, 2013, 06:11:42 PM »

Fair play, you were by far the better team.

Not sure how far we can sink, we have a crap team but we have an amazing fan base and hopefully we will soon stop sinking and return to the surface.

Jimmy

Re: congratulations
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 06:21:02 PM »

You deserve better great support still enjoyed watching crainey a fine player

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 06:44:40 PM »

Yes, your fans were a credit to your club today. No trouble in the ground and all the County fans we talked to in Altrincham were very pleasant. Deserve better really as the team that came up against Alty didn't look interested at all.

Barry Howard was my Hero

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 06:52:11 PM »

Disagree on crainey, his legs have gone, not what is required at this Level.

Effort and mobility wins every time at this level, Phil jevons is a fine example of what is not required at this level.

altyherealtythere

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 07:08:13 PM »

zigga zagga zigga zagga!

doesnt seem that long ago when me and me mate went to watch county beat moneybags city 2-1 with jon hardiker scoring 2 in the last 5 mins. what a game that was.

dont worry, county will be back (might take a while though im afraid to say)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 07:11:26 PM »

For me its the defence, complete difference between Luca's performance and any of the county back 4
Bernard Taylors barmy army

brian1925

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 07:13:34 PM »

My uncle and his son stood in the County end and i am genuineky sorry for their brilliant fans. It was a training session for us and we barely got out of first gear. Which 2 players to start with in midfield is still unclear, but defensively we are solid and i still don't believe we are at 100%!!!

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 07:19:07 PM »

For anyone interested  2800  was the crowd I think. There were officially around 1400 Stockport fans in the away end but I'm guessing there were around 200 in the main stand too, making it about 1200 Alty fans and 1600 Stockport.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 07:20:58 PM by GolfRoader »

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 07:35:47 PM »

That's good, when do we win when there is a large crowd?

markecky

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 07:36:02 PM »

Stockport county fans deserve a damn sight more than they got today.  It's shameful that they are served that.  I'm not sure if I could deal with it in the way they have.

I was a little concerned that a small minority might spoil things but that was totally wrong, a great day and massive credit to all the people who put hours in this week to make it happen.

Without patronising them, there is more to come from us yet but we did enough today to control the game.

I'm buzzing tonight.

joe

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 07:47:57 PM »

Stockport county fans deserve a damn sight more than they got today.  It's shameful that they are served that.  I'm not sure if I could deal with it in the way they have.

I was a little concerned that a small minority might spoil things but that was totally wrong, a great day and massive credit to all the people who put hours in this week to make it happen.

Without patronising them, there is more to come from us yet but we did enough today to control the game.

I'm buzzing tonight.

Agreed mate,County fans deserve so much better. I'd be livid if my team served up that dross in a local derby.
I thought we did a very professional job today without being brilliant.
Luca was immense while Moult and Densmore were also outstanding.
On to Monday which will be alot tougher,who would've thought we'd ever think Vauxhall Motors would be a tougher game than Stockport County??!!

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 07:48:24 PM »

Effort and mobility wins every time at this level, Phil jevons is a fine example of what is not required at this level.
When crainey went off there was no threat

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 08:08:49 PM »

For anyone interested  2800  was the crowd I think. There were officially around 1400 Stockport fans in the away end but I'm guessing there were around 200 in the main stand too, making it about 1200 Alty fans and 1600 Stockport.

2875 with 1369 in away end at least 200 more in stand etc. Lots of neutrals came too.

robins1978

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 08:10:34 PM »

Yes, your fans were a credit to your club today. No trouble in the ground and all the County fans we talked to in Altrincham were very pleasant. Deserve better really as the team that came up against Alty didn't look interested at all.
There was an apptemt at trouble by a few that had a few too many ales before the game and tried to get in for a tenner as it was 3.30pm, but thanks to the main stand Alty and Stockport stewards it was kept to verbals and a brick (or similar missile) thrown at the closed turnstile door. Considering the numbers that were there approx 98.9% behaved themselves, they were a pleasure to have at Moss Lane (JD Stadium) and thanks them for making the short trip to Alty today.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:32:58 PM by robins1978 »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 12:51:45 AM »

When crainey went off there was no threat

Jimmy,

I have to say that I think you've got your rose-coloured glasses on there.

I used to love watching Craney play for the Robins and, arguably, his ability was the prime reason that we managed to scrape 'promotion' into the newly-formed Conference North at the end of the 2003/04 season.

However, he's now twice the size whilst simultaneously being half the player he once was.

If Craney is not on a contract at County, then I'll be surprised if Bogie doesn't release him in the near future.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 congratulations