PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics ground
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vics ground  (Read 6916 times)

Graham

Re: Vics ground
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 07:39:15 AM »

Any Vics fan wanting to see the club restored to respectable levels can now go and watch 1874 Northwich

and what a great experience it is , three wins on the bounce, currently fourth in the league, over 100 season tickets sold and crowds averaging 350 plus.

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 08:29:52 AM »

Any Vics fan wanting to see the club restored to respectable levels can now go and watch 1874 Northwich

and what a great experience it is , three wins on the bounce, currently fourth in the league, over 100 season tickets sold and crowds averaging 350 plus.
It's good to hear you've started well. Good luck, and let's hope you climb those leagues as a proper club should.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 09:47:04 PM »

what a sickening sight. they may have played crap footy in a stupid green and white fancy dress but it was footy club that meant a lot to some people.  It meant six points a season to us...

Unfortunately, that was a very rare occurrence back in the day in the conference. In fact, they probably did that to us more often than we did it to them. They almost became a bit of a bogey team. Even when we were flying high and they were on a downward tip they still managed to take points off of us. I hated them more than Macc. In fact the only time I can remember us taking all six points was in 2008-09, but I'm sure someone with a far better stat memory than me can either confirm or rubbish this.

All I know is I can remember far too much disappointment at the hands of the slime.

The Drill Field will always be their home to me. Still sad to see rivals shafted like this. Long live 1874.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 10:22:13 PM »

Off topic but to add insult to injury after Phil Power tormented us for years at macc he was sh*t for us 
ParkINson's red and white army

arnald

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 10:56:14 PM »

I still miss the away game at the drill field, best
away game ever / oldest ground in the world now a shop

arnald

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 11:02:02 PM »

we have been to the oldest ground
and we have seen the oldest team , wich is shefield

bighairedmike

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2013, 11:42:03 PM »

Off topic but to add insult to injury after Phil Power tormented us for years at macc he was sh*t for us 

Say what you want, but that's the man who (i think, please correct me if I'm wrong) scored a late winner in the CSC final victory over Northwich(?) at Witton in about 2000. I remember the game for having my first ever bovril and Paul Ellender nearly killing a Steward by piledriving a clearance into the first aid hut where he was stood in the doorway.

And you lot bang on about the highs of Birmingham away!

thegazelle

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 12:01:39 AM »

i think the only ground i ever went to when i was not frightened in the bad old days of random football violence was the drill field.

i have laughed and drunk and stood my ground through the 70's 80's and 90's  .

call me a bully but i miss those days
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics ground