PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's game
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Today's game  (Read 7963 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today's game
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 11:03:40 PM »

We knock the ball about very nicely at times, but we're often too slow playing the final ball or we pick the wrong pass. Overall, I think we play good football, but the decision making and speed of our passing was way below par in the last hour this afternoon.

Not a disaster but lots of room for improvement.

This

bighairedmike

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 12:51:05 AM »

We knock the ball about very nicely at times, but we're often too slow playing the final ball or we pick the wrong pass. Overall, I think we play good football, but the decision making and speed of our passing was way below par in the last hour this afternoon.

Not a disaster but lots of room for improvement.

Unfortunately mate, (and I don't know how many games you've seen this season but, as I know where you live and various commitments you have, I'm going to go with very few) we have played all season as we did in the last 60 minutes today. We controlled the game until the own goal went in, and we should not be accepting that second half performance which allowed them to get back into the game.

As much as I like (now he plays for us) Kyle Perry, we should not have brought him on for Walshaw. Lawrie should have come on alongside Reeves to have a run at their defence and carry on our passing game that they couldn't cope with. I would then have brought on Perry for Moult if the Lawrie/Reeves combination wasn't working and put Lawrie on the right as we needed Richmans energy in the middle alongside Boshell.

The subs we did make were at least 15 minutes too late. Personally I feel that is 2 points dropped rather than one gained by Oxford.

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 08:31:03 AM »

jth you are spot on with your post, the crosses into the box where very poor , as specialy they seem to have alot of time to cross . we should have romped this game.

PeterJ

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 11:53:48 AM »

my third game.  Thought we would romp home after the second as we were playing nice stuff but the og seemed to knock the stuffing out of us and it didn't look a pen to me. If Shaun Densmore freekick would have gone in it would have won it for us I am sure. Felt like a loss but joint top means we are doing what everyone else is doing.  Going to be some funny results this year all round the league I think.

Glad ferriby lost today, all to play for,its going to be a nip and tuck season.

JDN

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 11:59:21 AM »

my third game.  Thought we would romp home after the second as we were playing nice stuff but the og seemed to knock the stuffing out of us and it didn't look a pen to me. If Shaun Densmore freekick would have gone in it would have won it for us I am sure. Felt like a loss but joint top means we are doing what everyone else is doing.  Going to be some funny results this year all round the league I think.

Joint top? We SECOND

JDN

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 12:00:26 PM »

Lawrie should have come on a lot earlier for Clee who was making too many errors. After a good start Richman seemed to go missing, and Moult and Boshell had no control over the midfield. No lack of effort, just so disjointed, and nothing coming down the right. On reflection Perry should have been on from the start.
perry should have been on from the start? Madness!!

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 12:03:33 PM »

Just seen pen on Facebook, never in a million years , thought  Oxford  fell over whenever they got the chance to , there captain never shut up moaning the whole game .

PeterJ

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2013, 12:05:47 PM »

Joint top? We SECOND

Oh my, how could I have been so STUPID. Now we are second I will change my name to disgusted of manchester

JDN

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2013, 12:08:28 PM »

I was disgusted yesterday - I guess you were not

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2013, 12:22:33 PM »

What were Oxford all grumbling about at the end of the game? They should have been thanking everyone for the gift of a point.

markecky

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2013, 12:34:06 PM »

Just seen the penalty, that is a terrible terrible decision.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151842921189663

bumble

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2013, 12:35:13 PM »

I was disgusted yesterday - I guess you were not

Im still disgusted today.

And for the record we're second. If we finish level on Pts with the team 1st but have a lessee GD, we'll end up in the playoffs and not as champions

Big reaction needed ahead of Saturday - need a minimum of 4 from the next two

markecky

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2013, 12:38:04 PM »

I made the mistake of looking at football webpages in the car at five and it had us as top with all the results in.  That's why I said we were top.

bumble

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2013, 12:43:14 PM »

I made the mistake of looking at football webpages in the car at five and it had us as top with all the results in.  That's why I said we were top.

All we need now is Brackley Nat to join the forum... and remind us everytime they go top

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2013, 12:54:48 PM »

So we lost two points yesterday , but we have gained points away in other games , second in league on goal difference and some people talk as if were fighting to avoid relegation ,saying we need get this many points in next so many games , did anyone think   we would be in this position now , not me for sure , always  difficult  playing bottom table teams ,we will gain and lose points we don't expect in a season , lets just take each game one at a time and hope when we finally get our best form we will hammer some one .  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's game